We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » A type of CD Zombie (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicbillk
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of magicbillk
Hello Everyone! I have an interesting question. I'm doing a CD Manipulation act in my show, and I'm looking for a great finale. So far, I have two competing ideas: Breaking a CD into fourths, and doing a Mylar Snowstorm in China, where I produce a CD pyramid from, OR a CD Zombie. I've looked at the one for sale, and I've read the reviews on it, and I'm not sure if I like it. So, I would like to make my own "gimmick." Can anyone suggest some ideas?

If anyone has seen Jeff McBride "Abracadazzle," he does a zombie with his Mask, and I'd like to do something like that. Namely the part where it lies flat on the cloth.

If anyone can give me some ideas, I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks!

-Bill
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice." -Dunninger

www.magicbillk.com
mattmccoy
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of mattmccoy
I know Danny cole does the cd peices into the mylar snowstorm. I'm sure other people have done this as well. As for as the zombie cd. I really like this idea. I've seen other attempts of this. I think if you do the zombie cd using the "ala zombie gimmick" You should see about intertwining th**** work with the foulard gimmick. That way you don't always have to use the foulard. e-mail me at matthew@mattmccoymagic.com for specific details on how I think you could make a zombie cd. Hope this helps.
Matt
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1742 Posts

Profile of wally
Ideas for a cd castle wanted
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
Breaking a CD into 4th and creating a mylar snowstorm is not new. It's being done by a young magician whose name I can't remember off hand but he was showcased in one of Lance Burtons shows. It's on his DVD.
Daniel Faith
David Boyd
View Profile
Regular user
NYC
197 Posts

Profile of David Boyd
I belive the kid featured on lance Burtons show was Dylan Ace if can remember..
Peace
David Boyd

www.myspace.com/harlemmagic
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
It was Danny Cole......as Matt mentioned.

Regan
Mister Mystery
Paul Jester
View Profile
Special user
UK
759 Posts

Profile of Paul Jester
I've seen the CD Zombie marketed. It could be done, but I'd use it more towards the middle or an act, rather than as a finalle, or maybe as the first production.

Paul
EddyRay
View Profile
Special user
United States Of America
525 Posts

Profile of EddyRay
Dylan Ace and Danny Cole both used CD's in their acts but it was Danny who performed the broken cd into mylar storm.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » A type of CD Zombie (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL