The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » 'Cash Galore' by Peter Kane (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Brent
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of Brent
Hi Everyone,

Might anyone be able to share what sort of responses they get from a quality performance of Peter Kane's 'Cash Galore,' please? You may feel free to post (or PM me with your reply about) your experience with this routine...

Thanks,
hsm
Brent
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of Brent
Wow! No one performs this routine!?
Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1786 Posts

Profile of Anatole
Brent,
I didn't see your post until today--Thursday, January 19, 2017.

Although I haven't performer "Cash Galore" in a long time, it was one of my favorite routines when I first got it some time around 1981. I added a few touches--like a credit card as a magic wand to tap the blank plastic cards. On the back of the credit card I had used dry transfer card pips to put a Four of Diamonds for a trick that I followed "Cash Galore" up with, making a bet with some of the money that I produced that I could find the "chosen" card.

Money tricks--especially paper money tricks--always get a great response from an audience. The "OVERDRAWN" gag is a great ending. And sticking the bills on your coat as they appear makes a great, memorable impression on the audience--not to mention a great photo op.

I wonder if there are any historical performance or instructional video of Peter performing. I'll post an inquiry in the "Magicians of Old" section.

----- Amado "Sonny" Narvaez
----- Sonny Narvaez
Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1786 Posts

Profile of Anatole
Whoops. The Four of Diamonds bit wasn't for "Cash Galore" but for my routine with Tenyo's "Midas Machine."

----- Amado "Sonny" Narvaez
----- Sonny Narvaez
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22047 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I love the late great Peter Kane's Cash Galore, so much I have 2 sets, one as backup. What you get is a bare bones explanation of the routine. It is up to you to make it outstanding. I like it is perfect for close-up or stand-up small shows.

I have added Karroll Foxes funny bills and the Inside out bill along with the ends are in the middle bills that were sold on the market. I say they are a new portable ATM so the you can get cash when needed. The banks make it so easy to take your money, and make it very difficult for you to retrieve it when you shop at place that does not take credit cards.

The ending display of bills attached to your body is genius.

This has so many possibilities for presentations, it is perfect for the creative magician. Produce a "C" note, saw buck, whoops the bill got stuck, etc.

Side note: The late Hank Moorehouse told me he was going to market the trick special clear plastic envelopes so the bills cold be more easily inserted and removed. It never came to market, but it works great as invented by Peter Kane.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » 'Cash Galore' by Peter Kane (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL