The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » PSI Key (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Jessiah
View Profile
Inner circle
J E S S E S M A G I C
1074 Posts

Profile of Jessiah
Yeah, I was being nice. You guys are both cool dudes! Just trying to help out! (usually Smile If you ever heard anything bad about me, it was probably something on the Café. And you know about the Café Smile Nuf said. haaha Just kidding, (no I'm not) YES I am...
Jeff J.
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
787 Posts

Profile of Jeff J.
Yves, When I experimented with that metal fork way back, it was only indoors. I plan on experimenting with your key both indoors and outdoors and wondered if using it outdoors, especially here in New England where we can get drastic temperature changes in a short time would require a different handling than using it strictly indoors where the temperature is fairly consistent. Also, is that covered in the information that comes with PSI Key?

Thanks,

Jeff

p.s. No Jesse, I was talking about the stuff I heard about you on "Americas Most Wanted". Don't feel bad though, they featured me on a special of "Americas Most UNWANTED!"
Yves Doumergue
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of Yves Doumergue
Jeff,

I think that there is no specific change between performing indors and outdors.
As you may see the key will not move below 73.4°F.
This is usually perfect for indors. I think that performing outdors in california very hot summer may be more challenging.
However when you know precisely what you get It's easy to figure out when and where you can use it.
Whereas you can manage to perform it in most conditions, PSY KEY is not an anywhere anytime effect.

I shipped your key today

Yves
Yves DOUMERGUE.

[email]yves@bluesource.fr[/email]
Piers
View Profile
Inner circle
A Limited Edition of
1479 Posts

Profile of Piers
I think it is the same with any quality prop.
You need to understand it to get the best from it.

I still think this device is really strong, and with a strong presentation, a real reputation maker...

Piers.
Smile

www.justgiving.com/piers-cancer-fund

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-2

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-3

Finished my 4 months of Chemotherapy in 2009. 3 monthly checks since... and into 2016!

As seen on the QE2 and QM2.

Author of Salem's Cornucopia - SUC Book
Jessiah
View Profile
Inner circle
J E S S E S M A G I C
1074 Posts

Profile of Jessiah
This will be my first big magic purchase in a while. Very cool effect, and definitely a reputation maker. Its the best metal bending effect I've ever seen sold. Its the most visual magic effect out right now too!
Piers
View Profile
Inner circle
A Limited Edition of
1479 Posts

Profile of Piers
I’ve just been toying with this key again.

I quite like the idea of having a volunteer hold the key in-between their two hands, under the pretence of keeping it safe.

At the same time I would do some sort of design duplication in front of them.

Before I revealing the drawing, I would “remember” the key, and show it to be bent. Then reveal the drawing, for more applause.

I am thinking out loud here, but throw this thought into the pot…

Piers.
Smile

Finished my 4 months of Chemotherapy in 2009. 3 monthly checks since... and into 2016!

Jessiah
View Profile
Inner circle
J E S S E S M A G I C
1074 Posts

Profile of Jessiah
Jay Sankey did a trick on a dvd of his (22 Blows to the head I think), where he has a picture of a key on biz cards (out to lunch). They sign it, and then he takes the card and bends it. When the picture is shown, it too has been bent! That would be perfect for what your talking about. Great idea though Piers. I cant wait till I have enough cash to get this one! -Jesse
Piers
View Profile
Inner circle
A Limited Edition of
1479 Posts

Profile of Piers
Love that bent key drawing idea!
Piers.
Smile

Jeff J.
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
787 Posts

Profile of Jeff J.
Yves, thanks for the reply. I'll be trying it in several different environments. I will be as interested as anyone to see the results.

Cheers,

Jeff
davidlai308
View Profile
Veteran user
Kuala Lumpur,Malaysia
376 Posts

Profile of davidlai308
I live in Malaysia and the current temperature here is almost equivalent to Singapore . Room temperature would be about 28 to 30 Celcius . Will the key work(stay at its original shape) in this kind of condition ?. I'm asking in regards to those who are living in South East Asia .
An entrepreneur by day , a magician by night . Satiate my mind & you've won my heart .
www.superhumanz.online
Yves Doumergue
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of Yves Doumergue
David,

You consult the datasheet at :

http://www.magicby.com

It may answer all your questions.

Regarding the weather conditions you're living in, I do not recomand you this effect if you want to take the key, show it, and make it bend.
Psy key is designed to stay straight until it's own temperature is below 23° Celsius.

However, it may be possible if you practice the routines explained on the DVD : You'll have to exchange the key at the last second with the explained technique.

This is definitely not the best conditions, but if you have to do it, you can with effort manage to make it, but once again this won't be easy.

Hope this info helps you.

If you have further question, I'll be there.

Yves
Yves DOUMERGUE.

[email]yves@bluesource.fr[/email]
davidlai308
View Profile
Veteran user
Kuala Lumpur,Malaysia
376 Posts

Profile of davidlai308
Thanks Yves ,for the promt and honest reply .
-David
An entrepreneur by day , a magician by night . Satiate my mind & you've won my heart .
www.superhumanz.online
Jeff J.
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
787 Posts

Profile of Jeff J.
A silly thought. Ask them to hold the PSI key in their hand and ask them to close it while you show them something. Then bend Jesse's pen and put it in their other hand. Then ask them to open the hand with the previously straight PSI key. They end up with a bent item in each hand that were both just straight, and as far as the key, you never touched it. They will either think you are some kind of a freak or have awesome psychic powers. Maybe both Smile

I'm getting ahead of myself. I don't have either one yet, but I may actually try that out when I get them to see if it works and to judge the reactions.

Jeff
Jeff J.
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
787 Posts

Profile of Jeff J.
rpierce
View Profile
Inner circle
New Hampshire - USA
1220 Posts

Profile of rpierce
Is anyone familiar with Key Melt from Hocus Pocus for about $50. The video shows the same effect. Anyone have it?
gmmagic124
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of gmmagic124
Kewl video.
Jeff J.
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
787 Posts

Profile of Jeff J.
Rpierce, I knew the answer to your question, but just wanted to verify it with HP before I said anything. They are 2 completely different tricks.

With PSY Key, the key actually bends in the specs hands or your own hands. No slieght of hand or misdirection is needed.

With Key melt, it's pretty much like any other metal bend where you give the "appearance" that the key is bending, even though it is not actually bending at all.

It all boils down to the fact that you get what you pay for.

Jeff
Al Straker
View Profile
Grammar Host
Australia
1116 Posts

Profile of Al Straker
Hi All,

Anyone got any tips on getting the key 100% straight. I can get it nearly there but it still tends to have a little 'kink' or two. Has anyone found a way to get it perfectly straight or close to perfect. It is the only fault of a near perfect & stunning effect!! The set up does not bother me one bit as the pay off is worth it.

Cheers,
Al
Al Straker
Resident Mystery Entertainer at Multiple Venues
Music & Mentalism Specialty Act 'Completely Mental'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyGhApqnG7I

(Old clip, show has changed quite a bit since then!)

Jazz & Contemporary Musician/Composer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnN3JNmeKns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU_zfOvpneA
Piers
View Profile
Inner circle
A Limited Edition of
1479 Posts

Profile of Piers
My tip is :

Take your time, then place it on a flat table to see how it looks.

Adjust it and lay it back down.

It only takes moments, but a flat table acts as a great reference point.

Piers.
Smile

magicforu
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of magicforu
I also cannot getting the key 100% straight. I hope Yves can post here some some settlement. Thanks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » PSI Key (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL