The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Shrunken bill (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

thefire
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of thefire
This may sound like a silly question but dose any body know how to shrink a bill
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
Wandering around with
2773 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Buy one from Hank Lees. For $20, you get a shrunken $1 bill...talk about shrinking money Smile
thefire
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of thefire
Yah I got one and man your right but some day it will wear out esp when I use it a lot and as I look at it I'm wondering how the heck do they do that
anybody know?
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
Wandering around with
2773 Posts

Profile of magicmind
No idea, bought one back when they where $15 and it has held up...they are thick. Not sure you can "wear out" that bill. Did you try a search here on the Café' ?
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
Wandering around with
2773 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Looked at hanks website...appears to seel for $15 still Smile I also searched .....there is a discussion on it, but no one is tipping the method Smile
thefire
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of thefire
Where is the discussion on the topic to be found?
How do you post a link
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
Wandering around with
2773 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Quote:
On 2006-11-29 11:30, thefire wrote:
Where is the discussion on the topic to be found?

At the top of the page here there is a "quick search" try typing in "shrunken bill" OR, to the right of the Café' logo, there is a "search".
Clicking to the search on the right is a more advanced search, like this:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/searc......arch=210

As far as posting links....try the FAQ to the right of the Logo....
PaulGreen
View Profile
Inner circle
1130 Posts

Profile of PaulGreen
I have Shrunken Bills. They are manufactured for me. They start with a regular $1.00 and through some scientific process they shrink!!!!

Contact me via PM and I can give you more information.

Regards,

Paul Green
thoughtsexplorer
View Profile
Elite user
Elite... not D-Lite!
424 Posts

Profile of thoughtsexplorer
Someone gave me a bill that was given to him by Bob Kohler. Beautiful thing! Maybe he sells them?!
Craig Matsuoka
View Profile
Loyal user
Kailua, Hawaii
271 Posts

Profile of Craig Matsuoka
The bills shrink for the same reason some fabrics shrink in water. It's due to fiber swelling. As the diameter of the fibers increase, they shorten. That's why the shrunken bills are smaller and thicker than normal.

To get a bill that small, you'll need a far more potent swelling agent than water, which leads us to one of those situations where being a cheapskate can either kill you or make the remaining days of your shortened life a living hell. In other words, DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME. The chemical used to make shrunken bills is fairly common and has many industrial applications, but it's DEADLY! We're talking SERIOUSLY NASTY STUFF that requires proper OSHA training, protective gear, and an approved respirator. The fumes alone can kill you in minutes.

Making shrunken bills is just as perilous as making flash paper. Leave it to the experts who have the specialized (and costly) equipment to keep the chemical under pressure during the shrinking process, as well as training in the appropriate hazmat protocol. If you don't have both, you would be a fool to try it yourself.

I guess this is the long-winded way of saying, "Order them from Paul Green".
Sleightly_Done
View Profile
New user
Orange Park, Florida
76 Posts

Profile of Sleightly_Done
I researched this one time, and found out it is certainly dangerous. You must soak the bill in the liquid form of anhydrous ammonia then press it between weights to keep the wrinkles out as the chemical evaporates. It must be processed multiple times, and shrinks less each time it is processed.

I had access to the chemical, but based on my research, I wasn't about to try doing it...... very dangerous. And I play with mercury and tens of thousands of volts processing and building neon (hobby).

It's just not worth saving the $15-20 these things cost. And the demand is not enough to warrant competing in making them.... at least in my opinion.
TWOCAN
View Profile
Special user
PORT RICHEY FLORIDA
862 Posts

Profile of TWOCAN
Well I just sent Paul Green an email so lets see if he can get some for me. Got my fingers crossed. LOL
Maker of Copper /Silver coin gaffs ,

https://perch-star-nbdt.squarespace.com/home

Okito box clip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=100n9CnFjXw
Visit my face book page , Copper silver coins by PT
PaulGreen
View Profile
Inner circle
1130 Posts

Profile of PaulGreen
I have just found out that the fellow that owns the patent on the process is not going to be making any new bills in the near future.

Sorry,

Paul Green
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1281 Posts

Profile of rmendez
I'm looking for the shrunken bill and mini comedy wallet for use in my professional borrowed bill switch routine. Anyone know a good source anywhere? If so, please PM me with details. Thank you very much.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Shrunken bill (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL