We Remember The Magic Caf We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The great 2003 guessing sweepstakes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Caleb Strange
View Profile
Special user
Manchester UK
676 Posts

Profile of Caleb Strange
We've probably all done David Hoy's 'Hurling the Headlines at some time or other. As we start the New Year, what are people's predictions for the coming 12 months? Bear in mind, we can use this as publicity, if one of us 'lucks out'! None of the 'An airplane will crash, and there will be some earthquakes' nonsense. Really go for it Smile

Looking into my black obsidian mirror, like Dr Dee, several things lurch into view. By the way, this is kind of sick, so please stop reading if you think you might be offended. Oh, you're still there? What a surprise!

1) There will be more death for the British Royal family this year. I see a nation stunned, and flowers rotting on the streets.

2) Something will go badly wrong in space this year. Not sure whether it's the ISS, or something else, but I see a rescue mission being hurriedly put together. The world will hold its breath.

3) Manchester United will win the European Cup again. Much rejoicing in the Caleb Strange household.

4) A celebrity will be infamously killed protesting about car use/the environment.

5) One of us will have a spectacular prediction hit here at the Café, and will finish the year looking to buy their own Carribean island.

6) Another one of us will have a spectacular prediction hit, and will finish the year on a secret Carribean island, helping the CIA with their enquiries.

Best of luck, if you need it, that is.

Regards,

Caleb Strange.
-- QCiC --
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
Ugh, I see a U.S. war with Iraq in which chemical weapons will be used. Another gulf war syndrome will occur as a result.

The UN inspectors slowly muddle through Iraq test sites and the such. No forms of weapon other than warheads are found. Thousands of unexploded chemical weapons are misssing and this drives us to war!

Terminator 3 will be the hit movie this year, and will be the most expensive movie created to date.

A close second will be Matrix 2 Reloaded.

I see troubles with Korea, as they develop nuclear technologies.
Marduke Kurios
View Profile
Veteran user
Vancouver, Canada
316 Posts

Profile of Marduke Kurios
Looking deeply into my morning coffee, I spied a few interesting events unfolding...and now I'm convinced coffee is no good for me...or is it?

-One (not two) major political players in
North America will be assasinated (June or July 2003).

-The Black Pope Illuminati Head will be exposed as none other than the King of Belgium (August 2003).

-Civil war will erupt in North America (fall 2003).

-Westerners will realize en masse that those few greedy Banker Barons control the world via the worthless debt instruments we use as money (sorry, it's not backed by gold like we all thought).

-Americans and Canadians will be surprised to learn about the two different persons described in law. Many will have an identity crisis trying to figure if they are artificial or natural - see http://www.natural-person.ca

-Westerners will realize their children have been pledged as collateral when registered at birth. (See your own birth certificate RECEIPT).

-Atlantis will be (re)discovered (Sept. 2003).

-The Church will have many, many more lawsuits due to everyone finding out they've committed genocide on North American Indigenous Peoples (and continue to do so).

-The CIA will create 4 more violent war films hoping to seduce more of the ignorant into their fabricated web of deceit.

-Common Law will make a comeback this summer.

-Last, but not least, EVERYONE will wake up and realize INCOME TAX IS VOLUNTARY!

Sure, that was only my first coffee today, and yes it was filled with political sweetener. Sorry if it was too unpalatable, maybe I need decaf. Cheers to awareness!

Smile
Live well,
Laugh often,
Love always.

To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

Without Prejudice, All Rights Reserved.
M. Perk
View Profile
Loyal user
Hilton Head Island
292 Posts

Profile of M. Perk
There will be an accident in a Nuclear Plant somewhere on the west coast similar to Three Mile Island.

An unexpected Asteroid will come close to Earth.

A Draft For Hilary Clinton Campaign for President will begin in late 2003.

Space Station Alpha will get a Surprised Visitor.

Although you said not to mention earthquakes,
there will be a Major Earthquake on the East Coast. Between Boston and South Carolina.

:question:
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Sheesh!
You guys are scary -- or something!

Remember, even paranoids have REAL enemies!
Smile

BTW, just who DID kill Kennedy?
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
my fingers hurt from typing,
2206 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
I see the moon and the moon sees me...

1. A global power shift emerges as the US cannot win the war on Iraq. Great Britain will emerge as a new Super Power, and its biggest foe will be China. Because of this, the US will enter into another great depression.

2. A rogue asteroid will be tracked and come close to earth. It will miss us, but hit the moon. It will be a startling event to watch from earth.

3. California will suffer at the expence of another large quake in 6.5 range.

4. A volcano will erupt in asia. That will be one of the biggest eruptions in modern times.

Chad
Caleb Strange
View Profile
Special user
Manchester UK
676 Posts

Profile of Caleb Strange
Chad, as a Brit, I don't mind the global power shift, but please, we don't want to do the Empire thing again. Besides, half my fellow countrymen and women think we're still a super power; they wouldn't notice the difference.

Caleb Strange.

Forgot to mention:

1) Another major food scare in Britain, following BSE/CJD. I see the colour white.

2) Small asteroid to impact with the planet this year. Not quite a Tunguska, but chilling, and unignorable.

3) Tragedy in the Channel Tunnel. Not sure whether this is an accident, or saboutage/terrorism, but very grim. The tunnel itself will be shut down for several years.

4) It finally gets out that one of those near miss asteroids we are told about from time to time, is not going to miss after all. Most of us will be reassured by officially sanctioned scientists, but a growing body of people will start preparing for a global catastrophe.

5) String drawn trousers will make an unexpected comeback.

Regards,

Caleb Strange.
-- QCiC --
ptbeast
View Profile
Special user
Oregon
829 Posts

Profile of ptbeast
An unheralded horse will come from nowhere to take the triple crown.

There will be a major scandal regarding the CIA conducting surveillance against American citizens.

An international global warming summit will be delayed due to major snowstorm.

And, most importantly, there will be massive Santa Sightings around Christmas time.

Dave
mystic1
View Profile
Veteran user
342 Posts

Profile of mystic1
1. Children, novices, and curious members of the public who have no business knowing will learn heretofore closely-held secrets of magic and mentalism at the Café.

2. This post will be deleted.
Doug Byrd
View Profile
Veteran user
VA
361 Posts

Profile of Doug Byrd
Staring at the cold black screen of my enchanted T.V. a future CNN (Comedy News Nincompoops) begins to play.

First there is a story early 2003 that Osama Ben Ladin has been found alive and healthy working at a 7-11 convenience store in Intercourse, PA under the assumed name of John Mohammad Smith.

The war on Iraq is joined and won in a record 45 days from first bombing raid to new govenrment election. Iraq becomes our new ally on the fight against Terrorism. The bizarre part of this story is that Sadam and all his look-a-likes are captured and forced into a broadway play directed by David Blane.

China now becomes the new world terror and backs North Korea in there desire to own and use "The Big Bomb". This is further evidenced when China gives the North Korean's the "Super Guidence Computer" that a certain past president of these United States gave China as a gift for campaign contributions. The bizarre twist in this story is that when North Korea launches their first warhead assumedly at South Korea or the U.S. it winds up touching down right in the middle of Tinamen Square. This due to the fact that the only co-ordinants kept in the Super Computer were for China. We here in the states recognize this as an humorous episode of Spy vs. Spy.

I'm getting a hazy reception and... and...
...that's it the vision is at an end. So Mote It Be. MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!
"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc"
Andy Leviss
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1179 Posts

Profile of Andy Leviss
Quote:
Bear in mind, we can use this as publicity, if one of us 'lucks out'!

How so? If we were to publicize it, anybody who came to verify it would come and see dozens of wrong predictions and one lucky hit. Not to mention that I could easily come in two months from now and add a prediction to this post that was dead accurate, thanks to the post editing features of the board software.

Not to mention that bringing publicity to this forum would be inviting a boatload of non-magicians to come by and verify the prediction, and stumble upon lots of other things that shouldn't have been shared, but were by posters with poor judgment about what they write.
Note: I have PMs turned off; if you want to reach me, please e-mail [email]Andy.MagicCafe@DucksEcho.com[/email]!
Caleb Strange
View Profile
Special user
Manchester UK
676 Posts

Profile of Caleb Strange
Andy this was meant to be a bit of New Year fun, and I think most people have treated it as such.

As for dozens of wrong predictions, since when has that stopped any self-respecting seer? Surely one of the principle techniques of the prophet is scatter? It's not so much a derringer, but a blunderbuss approach they use. You've only got to look at the Jeanne Dixon Kennedy predictions that didn't come to pass, to see that. Randi has gone into this in detail.

If anyone does 'hit' hear, they'll be kicking themselves if they didn't make the same prediction in more credible arenas. I think the most we'd get is a bit of gently mocking kudos from our peers.

Finally, if I have got a criticism of this thread, it's that the more psychic amongst us should have foreseen that at least one of our fellows would have brought up the 'exposure' issue sooner or later:).

Regards,

Caleb Strange.

P.S. Isn't 'add a prediction...thanks to the post editing features of the board software' half way to being method disclosure? Just a thought.
-- QCiC --
MOTO42
View Profile
Loyal user
Whitehouse Texas
225 Posts

Profile of MOTO42
In the year 2003....

...the world will rejoice as a cure for mimehood is discovered.

...George Bush and Saddamn Hussien (sp?) will get together and have at it in winner-take-all fisticuffs. The fight will end in a disqualification for use of dog-doo on a stick.

...Naming any small dog "Fifi" will result in a 2 year jail term and a fine not to exceed 500 dollars.

...still more environmental protection laws will force California to stop using automobiles entirely. The rich will be able to ride about in richshaws or on horseback, while the rest of us will be forced to use modified black market JATO rockets, which will be the only thing not outlawed.

...Man-portable anti-gravity transports will become a reality, when the device's inventor's corpse is found orbiting mars.

...Michal Jackson will retire, after leading his army of the undead to victory over Canada.

Click here to view attached image.
"One man's miracle is another man's warm-up"
Ellen Kotzin
View Profile
Loyal user
UPSTATE, NY
280 Posts

Profile of Ellen Kotzin
ooh ooh... Let me!

California will break off into little islands from the huge impact of Anna Nicole Smith's 6th breast implants,

War in February--for no reason whatsoever,
draft (thank god I'm a woman)

China will be the new "enemy"

The MONKEES will have yet ANOTHER come back.

All restaurants will become NON SMOKING forcing the smokers on the streets

Air pollution will get 50% worse!

And last but NOT least...

Jimmy Hoffa and Elvis will expand their chains of Burger King---the population later on will discover it was solient green!

How fun!
Ellen
harryandersonfan.com
New Orleans or BUST 2003
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
Fellow Seers,

I started another thread on this and was steered here. The thread is:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......15&1

Here's my prediction:

A former American President will die in the year to come.

Yours,

Paul
hkwiles
View Profile
Special user
Howard Wiles
797 Posts

Profile of hkwiles
A future President of the USA will be born in the coming year.

Howard Smile Smile
Caleb Strange
View Profile
Special user
Manchester UK
676 Posts

Profile of Caleb Strange
In 2003, someone will be born who will live for nearly four hundred years, thanks to incredible advances in medicine to be made in approximately sixty years time. Too late for any of us here at the Café, so don't get excited. And these lotions and potions will, of course, be only available to the super rich.

In the last hundred years of life, this person's spirit will ACHE for death, and seethe like maggots in a bowl. In the end, they will seek death out feverishly, and collapse in its sweet arms, like a friend.

Regards,

Caleb Strange.
-- QCiC --
David de Leon
View Profile
Elite user
Sweden
417 Posts

Profile of David de Leon
Here is a prediction. Remember it well, for in the time to come you will believe that I came back an edited my post, after the fact (heaven forbid). It is so bold, and so daring, that I hesitate to share it in such a public forum, but sadly my judgement has always been a little marred Smile

I predict that there will be an unexpected occurrence this upcoming year that will surprise almost everyone. Most will think that the event is a bad thing, but some will argue that it is actually a good thing. It is an event that has no precedence. Whatever you will feel about it, it cannot be undone and it will be talked about and remembered for a long time.

Oh, and one more thing. Someone on this forum will get married, someone will have kids, someone will die and a third person will leave his day job to become a successful full time performer.
Caleb Strange
View Profile
Special user
Manchester UK
676 Posts

Profile of Caleb Strange
Fellow seers, modesty almost prevents me from pointing this out, but...

'It finally gets out that one of those near miss asteroids we are told about from time to time, is not going to miss after all. Most of us will be reassured by officially sanctioned scientists, but a growing body of people will start preparing for a global catastrophe'.

Posted on January 3rd 2003, by Caleb Strange, the man who sees all.

Last week, on BBC2, there was a documentary which, unfortunately, confirmed this dire prediction. A rock a mile wide will hit the earth, HIT, even though some scientists initially disputed this, HIT. Efforts have been made to reassure us all, HIT, but a growing band of people are working to present this disaster, HIT.

Now, before you start running for the hills, I should point out that this rock will not hit us until 2880, but you'll notice, I did not specify date of impact. Only that the announcement would be made this year.

If anybody's interested in method, I'll admit it. I'm reading entrails. Always have done. Always will. So much more evocative for a client than runes or tarot.

Looking forward to Manchester United winning the European cup,

Caleb Strange.
-- QCiC --
David de Leon
View Profile
Elite user
Sweden
417 Posts

Profile of David de Leon
Manchester United winning the European cup. Is that also in 2880?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The great 2003 guessing sweepstakes (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL