The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Fancy restaurant (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Atom3581
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Atom3581
I do make a lot of extra tips for the magic and I get special treatment from the bosses. Someday I will outgrow this place, but for now it is great place to learn and earn while I turn and burn. The OB is great, Thanks Danny!!
Eddie Torres
View Profile
Special user
New York City
691 Posts

Profile of Eddie Torres
Personally, I think it's a bad idea simply because it affects other magicians around. I mean why would anyone hire a magician when there's this waiter who'll do cool magic stuff for free. I don't think it's a bad idea to do 2 second mini little flourishes while you're doing your job but I would never ever go into any type of magic routine during this, I'd say nothing over 5 seconds. I would also make sure that the tricks aren't these stop someone in their tracks tricks that are so powerful that it keeps someone from thinking about anything else. Just something quick and cute.
A color changing hanky, the easy little 10 dollar ones that you just brush through your fist once and they change color from red to yellow. You can say "here's your napkin, whoops its red that shoud be white, darn not yellow, okay here take this one instead, can I get you anything else?" That should be enough for someone to tip you well, and you wouldn't have to go into a whole routine or even do anything else magically speaking.
You also shouldn't be doing the magic for any other reason than to increase your tips, I mean if the bill has a suggested tip on it then I'd scrap the idea althogether, you're usually going to get that 20% in that case, either way.

~Eddie
Eddie Ivan Torres
Atom3581
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Atom3581
I really feel in my situation and probably TKE's that declining to perform is the real problem. If you love the magic and so does your audience why hold back, because of what other people think, just don't let it interfere with your primary job. Doing effects that leave a lasting impression on customers is one way I build regular clientele at my job. There are many people who only come to see me. As far as keeping it under five seconds, I disagree. However, I would say for the most part skip the cards. They seem out of place, like something a hired magician would have. It is better to do effects with the natural enviroment like Vanish 5000 (PH) or do a silk production for a bottle of wine.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Fancy restaurant (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL