We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Name of a card trick--folded card on top Ammar? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ellen Kotzin
View Profile
Loyal user
UPSTATE, NY
280 Posts

Profile of Ellen Kotzin
Hi!
I wanted to know what the name of the trick that Mike Ammar did on a TV show I just saw (a street-type magic show).
He had a deck of cards, and a lady picked one out and signed it. He would mix it in and it would jump to the top and finally he bent it--put it in the middle and it jumped folded to the top of the pile.

Ellen
harryandersonfan.com
Steve Friedberg
View Profile
Inner circle
1401 Posts

Profile of Steve Friedberg
Ellen:
It's an ambitious card routine. He explains it on one of his ETMCM tapes. The Ambitious Card is one of the most time-honored (honoured, if you're Hallas or Gladwin Smile ) routines in card magic.

You can find it in any number of books, or tapes.
Cheers,
Steve

"A trick does not fool the eyes, but fools the brain." -- John Mulholland
tankk
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of tankk
Ellen

The Ambitious Card of Ammar's is on his 2 dvd as is alot of other great stuff. You should get them if you can.

Kevin
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1991 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
harryandersonfan,

Daryl and Ammar both offer instructional video/DVD. You have good taste in time-tested card magic.
You'll encounter a few variations with the same impactfull effect.

Randy Stewart
Ellen Kotzin
View Profile
Loyal user
UPSTATE, NY
280 Posts

Profile of Ellen Kotzin
Thanks for the info guys!

Ellen
harryandersonfan.com
greig ewen
View Profile
Elite user
473 Posts

Profile of greig ewen
Since we are on this topic,i thought id ask if anyone has seen the effect,where you use tally-ho cards,you spell the words on the front of the card box,and at the end you are left with the aces,then you turn over the 9S..........I have been trying a method useing bicycle cards but with no success,does anybody know the effect,or know where to find out about it???. Smile
Bobcape
View Profile
Elite user
Rapid City, SD
470 Posts

Profile of Bobcape
Greig,
Look in the latest Genii magazine. It has an article on this very effect using bike decks.
Bob
Be Amazed! + Enjoy The Magic!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Name of a card trick--folded card on top Ammar? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.3 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL