The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » How do you reward your clients for passing on your name? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
jamesbond
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of jamesbond
Just wondering any ideas on what to give out your clients who gave you a referral besides restaurant gift certificates?

Bond... James Bond...
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15111 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
I use a referral reward program. Simply stated, I reward folks for every referral. Now keep in mind that I give an award out to even those folks who refer me work and it does not land as a paid gig. I do this because I want those folks to know I appreciate what they are doing and that I encourage them to keep on doing it.

Gift ideas can range from:
- simple gas cards
- visa check cards
- Simple box of candy
- Movie tickets
- Lottery tickets
- Video or DVD store certificates

There are many different ideas and things you can use. The fact is that it does not have to cost you an arm and a leg. It needs to be something you feel they will enjoy and that they know it is coming from you as your way of saying thanks.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20190 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Nothing wrong with just doing a great job and having others mention how well you worked out. Then thank you the next time you see them.

Has worked for me for a LONG time.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7401 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
As an alternative to waiting to thank them (Danny's suggestion), give them a simple call to thank them. Be proactive.

Think how you'd feel, if someone called out of the blue to thank you for being thoughtful. Especially if you weren't expecting it.

If you want, you can send a card or a gift, but simply calling to talk with them is an important building block in your relationship with them. Don't cop out, by just sending a gift or a card.

The phone is your friend.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20190 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I guess my problem is I get A ton of referals. Heck most of my private works is strictkly referals as I don't advertise I do it so it would consume far too much time.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7401 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Yeah, I guess for you Danny, it would be horrible to call and thank them. They'd just end up sending more work to you, as a result of your action. Sounds like you can't quite handle all of the business you already have. You don't need any more business. Smile

- Donald
TheDean
View Profile
Inner circle
Reno, Nevada
2164 Posts

Profile of TheDean
Yeah.. no need being polite cuz it's too inconvenient. (Hehehehehehehe!)

Thank you!
Dean Hankey, *M.D. - The Dean of Success Solutions!
Serving & Supporting YOU and Your Success!
"Book More Shows... Make More Money... SERVE MORE PEOPLE! - Not Necessarily In That Order…"

(*Marketing Doctor) Smile
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20190 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Donald 5 nights a week yea pretty well booked for now thanks. I work with companies and resorts sorry but NOT everyone does the kid show thing where Johnny tells his mommy which magician or clown to use.

See NOT every technique works for everyone. Especially in this business. But thanks for the sarcasam.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7401 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Sorry for the misunderstanding. Actually, I was serious. For you, you clearly didn't need more work. So there is no need to go the extra mile and give positive encouragement to referrals.

I agree, not every technique needs to be used by every performer, in every situation.

BTW, I rarely use sarcasm. In your case, it was just a tiny bit. (Hopefully, I didn't offend.)

- Donald
TheDean
View Profile
Inner circle
Reno, Nevada
2164 Posts

Profile of TheDean
I sincerely hope that no one here thinks that for a moment that "being polite" is a 'technique' to be 'used'. Seriously, we should never be too busy or too selfish to be nice to our relationships, should we?

I am at your service and In HIS Service,
“Book em’ Deano!” in Reno
<><
Dean Hankey, *M.D. - The Dean of Success Solutions!
Serving & Supporting YOU and Your Success!
"Book More Shows... Make More Money... SERVE MORE PEOPLE! - Not Necessarily In That Order…"

(*Marketing Doctor) Smile
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7401 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
I guess that is what I was trying to say. It's never wrong to be polite and thankful.

If it benefits your business as well, then great.

- Donald
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20190 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I am always polite and and humble and thankfull. Which is to a huge degree why my name gets passed. The best ting you can be is "easy to work with". Colleges LOVE that if you ever want to work them. EVERYONE loves it actually.

I have done bad shows, but been hired on the fact that they loved working with me. It is a HUGE thing to do.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2133 Posts

Profile of jlevey
Make their day...

Thanking them by making a personal phone call or sending a personalized e-mail of aprreciation is a great and simple way to show your sincere appreciation.

It's just the decent thing to do and feels good for both parties concerned.

But everyone already knew this... didn't they?

In fact, I 'm simply repeating what other have said above, but in my mind it's worth repeating.

Let me repeat...

Re
Peat

Best wishes.

Jonathan
Jonathan
Max & Maxine Entertainment
Magicians with a touch of comedy!
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7401 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Thanks, Danny, for the clarification of your position.

"It's nice to be important, but more important to be nice."

Can I get an "Amen"? Smile

- Donald
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20190 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
AMEN
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15111 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
AMEN keep preaching brother. You keep it real and tell them all as you see it. WAHOOOO!!! Ok... I had a bit too much sugar.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2133 Posts

Profile of jlevey
...a "bit" too much sugar Kyle??!!

.. you ate the whole box! lol Smile

Posted: Dec 2, 2006 2:20pm
Here's a novel idea to express your unyielding gratitude...

...why not consider presenting your client with a "real imitation" million dollar bill after the show.

That way, they will never complain about your fee.

Of course, your photo should be photoshopped into the center of the bill, and your contact points (telelphone, and web site) into the corner.

Just a tiny "tip"... that (for you) "might" be right "on" the money!
Jonathan
Max & Maxine Entertainment
Magicians with a touch of comedy!
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7401 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
The reason I suggested a call over a gift or a note, is that it is more likely to get done.

Every week goes by, when I have many items on my "to do" list that aren't accomplished.

Mainly, that's because I pick tasks that require too much of me. Write a note, go out and buy the gift (or certificates), put a stamp on it, mail it, etc.

If I pick up the phone and make a simple call, it's done. I can express it verbally. They can hear my gratitude and heartfelt thankfulness.

Then, if I find the time to send the note and gift on top of that, that's great.

For me, I often overwhelm myself by picking too large, too many goals. So, I start with baby steps. Then I work up from there.

- Donald
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20190 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Well if "getting it done" is the main concern, tough to argue with my method of doing NOTHING! LOL
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20495 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
The job does stay the same: always make the people who hired you or recommended you look great!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » How do you reward your clients for passing on your name? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL