The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Magic Castle After Dark TV Special (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
ttorres
View Profile
Special user
Rock Hill, SC
513 Posts

Profile of ttorres
Just thought I would pass this on....

Tom Craven sent this to me to pass on to as many people as I could.
Forward to your magic contacts.

Magic Castle After Dark (Premiere) (A&E) Saturday 12/16/06 at
11AM ET/PT (following a Biography of Houdini that airs at 10AM.

Magic Castle After Dark is a half-hour live to tape special featuring some incredible magicians from the world famous Magic Castle in Hollywood. It's like Evening at the Improv was for comedians BUT for magicians. It's a pretty cool show. It focuses on the intimate magic of the Castle and its half hour vanishes like magic. Some of the Performers on the show include Nathan Gibson, Jon Armstrong, Andrew Goldenhersh, Chris Hart, Joel Ward, Shoot Ogawa and Gregory Wilson.

Executive producers are Jude Prest, Dale Hindman and Milt Larsen. The Magic Castle after Dark show is earmarked as a series, but, of course, ONLY if the numbers reflect well enough for the network to sign off on it.

Thanks in advance for tuning in. Since the air date was just set, we missed the December deadlines for the magazines so please pass this on to all your friends. We can really use the numbers!!
...the magic that creates Memories!
SeaDawg
View Profile
Special user
The Lunatic Fringe
718 Posts

Profile of SeaDawg
Thanks for the update...Past my bedtime but I will make an effort to stay up. too bad they aren't featuring Whit Haydn. What a performer...
Crazy people take the psycho-path thru the forest...
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
I'll be watching! This sounds like great fun. Lets get those numbers up folks...this could be a cool thing!
Dave1216
View Profile
Loyal user
286 Posts

Profile of Dave1216
SeaDawg -- It airs at 11 a.m. !!! Not p.m.
My new DVD ("The magic of David Corsaro") is now available from your favorite dealer. Watch the DVD that Daryl, Jon Allen, Shawn Farquhar, Boris Wild, Marc DeSouza, Asi Wind and Paul Green ALL ENDORSE.

Visit www.timetobeawesome.com to watch the new weekly Video Blog for magicians, "Time to be awesome."
Farrell
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of Farrell
Also the show will be airing I believe 4 other times periodically.
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2825 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
I cannot find a listing for this program at all on tvguide.com. Has it been delayed?

NP
cfrye
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon, USA
940 Posts

Profile of cfrye
I've got my TiVo set to record it on Saturday.

Curt
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2825 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
I found it! It is now called "Late Night At The Castle". The time was correct but my eyes weren't working!

NP
ralphdean
View Profile
Loyal user
Northern Ca
300 Posts

Profile of ralphdean
11AM??? They sure are not helping it much are they?
docmagik
View Profile
Regular user
San Bernardino, CA
119 Posts

Profile of docmagik
TVguide.com shows it as Late Night at the Castle. The Dish Network listings show it as Magic Castle After Dark. Who knows what title will show up on the program itself.

It looks like A&E is also showing their Biography special about Houdini tommorow before the Magic Castle special, if anybody hasn't seen it before.
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2825 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
Actually A&E is also billing it on their website as "Late Night at the Castle".

NP
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
If anyone knows when those four other airings are, please let me know. My cable TV went out last night and won't be repaired until tomorrow, conveniently missing this show I had noted to see. I tried searching the A&E website but can't find the additional listings, and I don't think the show is downloadable on iTunes.
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1072 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
Well it is on in 10 minutes, heh. I can't wait.

Wow, it is awesome to see shoot with those ninja rings, heh. That kid with the coin was was very very nice as well.
-A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
-It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
-The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

See you space cowboy...
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3433 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Thirty minutes (minus commercials) gone out of my life that could have been better spent.

JMHO

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5474 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Sadly, I have to agree with Stanyon. Other than Shoot's piece, I found it pretty disappointing.
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3433 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Do you think...or is this going to be a series like "Angel", "Ink",..."Dog the Bounty Hunter"? Or is it a one time shot to fill space?

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1072 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
I think it was to full space.

The 20 mins of Gregory Wilson's act on Vol 3 of In Action was more entertaining.

My fault I guess. I built it up in my head. Set myself up for a fall I guess. The bio on Houdini before this was pretty good though, heh.
-A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
-It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
-The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

See you space cowboy...
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Wow does this help magic at all?

Many inside and outside our industry see the Castle as something to aspire to! I am not certain they put their best foot forward with this effort.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
BrianMillerMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
CT
2050 Posts

Profile of BrianMillerMagic
I had an unexpected meeting and ended up having to miss the special - I was angry but now I suppose I shouldn't be! Can anyone enlighten on what was in it, and why it was so poor?
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Yes, can people fill us in on what we missed?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Magic Castle After Dark TV Special (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL