The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Victorian style straitjacket (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Hi everyone

I have a gig in a few weeks at a Victorian themed event. I was planning to do a variety of escapes using victorian looking cuffs, a battered old Tom Horn belt etc. At the last minute I have been informed that they really want an SJ escape. My jackets are all modern looking!

So, does anyone in the UK have a older looking SJ I could borrow/hire? Obviously it would be taken perfect care of, returned in person or by insured special delivery etc.

Cheers

David
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5110 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Designs haven't changed that much, in the last hundred years.

The old Wheeler-Tanner catalog must've had 50 or 60 different styles, but they're still pretty much alike.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Hi Harley

True, but some look older than others. What I really mean is I need something a little less modern looking than my Posey's Smile

David
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5110 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
You could tea-stain it, give it a sepia tone.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
I think my roller buckle Posey is going to have to do then. Since no one seems to have a different one they would lend out. I understand, I can be pretty protective of my stuff too!

For just one gig I don't think I want to stain it. Theres always the chance I won't get the stains out.

David

My Website
Add me on facebook
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
I have a Abbotts but I'm not in the UK.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Victorian style straitjacket (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL