The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Spike Review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
Dear all

Well I received my parcel this morning, which I was waiting for very excitedly. What can I say the packaging was superb, it took me about 10 mins to get into it, which I was very pleased with as I was worried some of the props might of got damaged etc, but when I did get into it boy was I pleased.

You receive 3 wooden bases and a gorgeous spike, dvd and a certain something, the props look great and the spike does look really mean and is really quite heavy, so no cheap materials used here guys.

I used to own Smash and Stab but this version in my opinion is far superior, no dodgy looking wooden plaques for the cups to sit on, the cups will completely cover the bases and spike, which makes the effect look even more impossible.

I for one cannot wait to start performing this after sufficient practice of course.

This has got to be one of the best purchases I have made this year, by one guys before they run out.

5 out of 5
Piers
View Profile
Inner circle
A Limited Edition of
1394 Posts

Profile of Piers
Nice review.

Is there a Link to this ?

Piers.
Smile

www.justgiving.com/piers-cancer-fund

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-2

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-3

Finished my 4 months of Chemotherapy in 2009. 3 monthly checks since... and into 2021!

As seen on the QE2 and QM2.

Author of Salem's Cornucopia - SUC Book
Gochos
View Profile
Regular user
175 Posts

Profile of Gochos
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2231 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
Is it 100% SAFE?
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Man I'd like to get it, but $209!!!
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
ToasterofDoom
View Profile
Special user
671 Posts

Profile of ToasterofDoom
Do you have other Smash and Stab tricks? How does this compare? Is it worth the price, or are you just getting a prettied up version?
under the table
View Profile
New user
Detroit
81 Posts

Profile of under the table
Yeah seriously, id buy it for that price but is it 100%, let me reiterate; 100% safe?
RonCalhoun
View Profile
Special user
Independence, KY USA
599 Posts

Profile of RonCalhoun
Quote:
On 2006-12-03 17:16, lunatik wrote:
Man I'd like to get it, but $209!!!

I totally understand what your saying. But remember two things. One, your paying for the effect this will have on your audience.

Two, your paying to keep it out of the hands of the folks who really have no business having it.

LOL, sometimes I wished they sold TT for a hundred bucks.

Ron
chappelly
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
744 Posts

Profile of chappelly
Quote:
On 2006-12-03 22:48, under the table wrote:
Yeah seriously, id buy it for that price but is it 100%, let me reiterate; 100% safe?

"Ever slipped up on a magic trick before?"
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Quote:
On 2006-12-04 01:57, chappelly wrote:
Quote:

ya I've slipped but never was impaled due to my carelessness!
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
John Bowlin
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
827 Posts

Profile of John Bowlin
No trick that involves an unseen steel spike and a smashing hand could be idiot proof. One has to do a little self assessment to qualify the safety factor of this effect.
chappelly
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
744 Posts

Profile of chappelly
Quote:
On 2006-12-04 02:05, lunatik wrote:
Quote:
On 2006-12-04 01:57, chappelly wrote:
Quote:

ya I've slipped but never was impaled due to my carelessness!

Slip up on this one and that's exactly what will happen.This is what makes the trick
exciting both for you and the spectators.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
If there was a 100 pct safe one of these Id gladly pay the $209. There are plenty of ways to do it that are safe but not as clean. This is not 100 percent safe!

It is 110 percent safe. (AD says so)

I appreciate the review Daren. Could you tell us what or if there are safeguards that can make this safer then smash and stab?

Thanks

Candini
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
There a certain things you can do to make this routine safer, but I won't divulge them, you'll have to buy it to find out

buy it from http://www.worldmagicshop.co.uk

I for one am very happy with my purchase, I think you will be to
under the table
View Profile
New user
Detroit
81 Posts

Profile of under the table
My friend (lady friend) once stabbed herself while high to see if it would hurt, she said it wasn't as bad as everyone thinks it would be. I believe her so I guess I'm gonna buy it lol. This would b perfect for me and my crazy shenanigans, I'm buying it after Christmas you guys.
Steve Hook
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC, USA
1266 Posts

Profile of Steve Hook
He can't explain why it's 110% safe without explaining the method!

After seeing the John Archer stabbing, Smile I'm pretty skittish about doing this!

But 110% sounds good and the only way I'd do this.

Still........it will be nice to get a few reviews.
Like Bonnie Raitt said, "I miss Little Feat more than I miss being 8 years old." Thanks for the concerts + recordings, Lowell, Richie, and Paul!
D J Hawkins
View Profile
Veteran user
Reading, UK
351 Posts

Profile of D J Hawkins
I'm just a bit concerned when Daren says there are things you can do to make the trick safer........implying it's not 100 % to start with. With something like this even 1% risk of failure is too much.

I get a great reaction from Smash and Stabbed and consider this 100 % safe as long as I pay attention to what I'm doing. It's going to take a lot for me to change methods, but I'd love to be convinced.
David Hawkins

djhawkins2014@gmail.com
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
Let me say the method is as the ad states 110%, if it wasn't do you really think they would publish the ad to say so, false advertising and all that.

After watching the dvd, there are a couple of extra things if you are not sure, but this is only after you haven't practised it enough, like all effects practise makes perfect.

What I say is don't get this guys, I want to do this effect by myself, I for one used to own smash and stab but I do believe this version is better, but that is my opinion.
Paul Gross
View Profile
Special user
574 Posts

Profile of Paul Gross
Hello,

We received our shipment of SPIKE today. Believe me this is 110% completely safe. You know where the Spike is at all times without doubt. You would have to be a complete idiot to hurt yourself with this one. We would NEVER..carry any product that would be dangerous or cause harm. If you have any questions regarding this I welcome your phone call Toll Free 1-800-407-4040.

Best Regards
Paul Gross
Owner
Hocus Pocus
Best Regards,

Paul Gross

Owner

http://www.hocus-pocus.com
Badger
View Profile
Elite user
Ireland
401 Posts

Profile of Badger
If you do not pay attention to what you are doing then you will get stabed. and for those of you who do not fell safe, structure you routine so that the spec uses there hand while you hold it. this is what I do anyway.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Spike Review (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL