The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Christmas Cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Wayne Brockway
View Profile
Regular user
Michigan, U.S.A.
104 Posts

Profile of Wayne Brockway
I'm wondering if anyone sends Christmas cards to their clients? Do you think it is appropriate or not.

Wayne...
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Absolutely appropriate in my book!

Not only is it good marketing, It let's them know how much you appreciate them and that you're thinking about them during the holiday season!

Lyndel
SeaDawg
View Profile
Special user
The Lunatic Fringe
718 Posts

Profile of SeaDawg
Holiday cards might be more appropriate...
I live in a very multicutural region where Holiday cards might not offend some.

Food for thought,,,(Pass the turkey please!)
Crazy people take the psycho-path thru the forest...
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7401 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
I've sent Christmas Cards to customers several times over the years.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15111 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
We are planning on sending stuff out as well as for us it is all about building up relationships with the people we work with and keep our name fresh in the minds of prospects as well. We never try to do a hard sell with this at all and it is really just a nice simple card wishing Happy Holiday and a magical new year.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Here is what my holiday card looks like this year:

http://www.lyndel.net/temporary_stuff/20......card.jpg

Lyndel
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7363 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I sent out over 500 postcard Christmas cards every year. (I am running late this year). I enjoy keeping contact with friends and clients. As a side bonus, I have always managed to get an order that more than pays for the cost of the cards.

BTW, the heck with political correctness. I sign them Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Enough is enough.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3486 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
Holiday cards are a thoughtful idea,
and good marketing as well.

My past clients are my future customers.

If not for them I would be living in a cardboard box.

I send them Holiday gifts.

Not just a “fortune telling fish” sandwiched in a card.
A well thought out personal but promotional style gift.

It’s expensive to send out a few hundred to these.
I also make that expense back in the first week of January.

My two-cents.

Magically,
Walt
“Tales of Enchantment: The Art of Magic”
by Walt Anthony
www.LeapingLizardsMagic.com

"spinning tales and weaving enchantment"
SeaDawg
View Profile
Special user
The Lunatic Fringe
718 Posts

Profile of SeaDawg
Richard,
I don't get it... In my city, which has English and french as its two official langueages, the second most spoken language is Arabic. we also have a large African contingent that celebrates Kwanza.

Politically correct to send Holiday cards? You bet. How would you feel getting a whole raft of Hannukah cards for a celebration that means nothing to you.

There is a point where political correctness gets ridiculous, and another where it addresses the sensitivities of my client base. I prefer not to be insensitive to their uniqueness and I appreciate the fact that they respect mine.

Just my 2 cents worth
Crazy people take the psycho-path thru the forest...
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1726 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
Holiday cards, seasons greetings, happy cold freezing yer bum off cards, yes.
Merry Christmas...No.
First off...It wouldn't match my own beliefs, so although it would please all of you traditionalists who want the greeters in stores to say "Merry Christmas", it would make me grumpy.
Second- Why alienate those whom you have worked for that are not of the same exact viewpoint you are? This is a business, not a personal pulpit. If you only want to perform for those whom are of similar religeous background as yourself, more power to you.
And more business for me.
Of course, gospel magicians or for those who do a religeous show, or if you are sending cards to a church you worked at...Send Christmans cards. You have my respect and acceptance.

As a person of non Christian faith, I will say this. I appreciate the sentiment of a Christmas card. The fact that someone took time to think of me during an important time of the year does give me an appropriate warm fuzzy. At the same time, there is a feeling of awkwardness. If I sent a "Merry Spaghetti Monster Season" card (Assuming that I am a follower of the Giant Spaghetti Monster), I doubt that it would be as well received.
It is much more comfortable to receive a "Happy Holidays" message. It shows respect for the fact that I might have a differing view.
And it is appreciated.
Gwyd
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1726 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
Oh...And Lyndel...I like yours. It shows your own personal fondness for Santa without foisting beliefs on others.
Fun and classy!
Gwyd
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1869 Posts

Profile of kenscott
LYNDEL

I love it! Great post card!
Ken
Wayne Brockway
View Profile
Regular user
Michigan, U.S.A.
104 Posts

Lyndel,

Really COOL card!

Wayne...
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Thanks for the kind words everyone!

It means a lot since I designed it myself in photoshop! Did ya notice that the face on the card and the face on my avatar are the same?

Lyndel
Wayne Brockway
View Profile
Regular user
Michigan, U.S.A.
104 Posts

Lyndel,

I did notice that your head was the same head that you wear in most of your photographs!

Thank you to everyone who has responded to my question. I'm off to the store to purchase some season greetings cards. Then next year I will have some custom cards put together.

Wayne...
Neale Bacon
View Profile
Inner circle
Burnaby BC Canada
1775 Posts

Profile of Neale Bacon
I am another traditionalist. It is the Christmas season, so I send Christmas cards.
I have never had a past client be offended by getting a card that says Merry Christmas.
I am a ventriloquist and magician, I also do gospel programs so some of my clients are churches, but I send Christmas cards to ALL my clients.
I won't go into my beliefs as I am sure most people around here know them, but I think the only client I didn't send one to was a Synagog (pardon my bad spelling) where I did some Bar Mitzvahs. Even I know that would be bad form. Smile
Neale Bacon and his Crazy Critters
Burnaby BC
Canada's Favourite Family Ventriloquist
www.baconandfriends.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Christmas Cards (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL