The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » How to Cheat Your Friends at Poker: The Wisdom of Dickie Richard (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Robert Apodaca
View Profile
Special user
504 Posts

Profile of Robert Apodaca
Has anyone read this book?

It's be Penn from Penn and Tiller

http://www.amazon.com/How-Cheat-Your-Fri......1234905X

I'm just seeking some advice on the book. Is it any good? I'm new to the arena of cheating but I'm interested in it.

WOuld this be a good book for a beginner?

Any advice is appreciated.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
It's be a good funny book Drizz lad.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
navysteel0101
View Profile
New user
New york city
24 Posts

Profile of navysteel0101
Yes I bought this book its a funny book doesn't teach you anything except I would guess the mentality you have to have if this is the profession you wanna do in your life , its very vulgar and the f-BOMB and a lotta outher bomb are dropped good read doesn't teach you any actually moves but a good reference for the mental state you have to have
jim
sodman12
View Profile
Special user
raleigh
601 Posts

Profile of sodman12
Ahhh I love this book.

I starting reading it and I couldn't put it down.

And yes this is a great beginner book. As a beginner you want material that will get you excited and this is a great book to do just that.
you can fool all of the people some of the time and some of the people all the time but never all of the people all the time.
jtcavataio
View Profile
Regular user
174 Posts

Profile of jtcavataio
I have a copy for sale if anyone is interested.
PM me
Unknown419
View Profile
Inner circle
1321 Posts

Profile of Unknown419
I don't know anything about the book but I sure fooled Teller when we met up last night. He's a down to earth guy with a good heart. A very good heart.

May the Lord Bless Him and his Family.

Respectfully,

Doc
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Although it's funny my understanding is it is based on real life stories and so on.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
sodman12
View Profile
Special user
raleigh
601 Posts

Profile of sodman12
I would really doubt that it came from true stories.

I want to belive that but I wouldnt bet on it.
you can fool all of the people some of the time and some of the people all the time but never all of the people all the time.
Pal Bodnar
View Profile
Regular user
Playa del Carmen, MX
112 Posts

Profile of Pal Bodnar
My favourite book! Smile I can't decide if the stories are true or not, but it is good for reading. Highly recommended for those who are interessted in crooked gambling.
10/10

Paul
Pal Bodnar - In Magic We Trust
Robert Apodaca
View Profile
Special user
504 Posts

Profile of Robert Apodaca
Thanks everyone. I will surely pick it up when the occasion arises.
Jim Morton
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of Jim Morton
It is a moderately entertaining book, but it seems at times like it was telephoned in. Definitely not the book to get if you are interested in actual techniques. I'd give it 5 out of 10. If it's stories you want, there are better sources (e.g., Fast Copmany, The Unsinkable Titaic Thompson, Amarillo Slim's autobiography, etc.).
J.D.Palmer
View Profile
New user
Columbus, Ohio
19 Posts

Profile of J.D.Palmer
Personally I think it's worth it even if it's just for the false cover under the dust jacket.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Did you discover any "Wisdom" in the book?

Tommy
DStachowiak
View Profile
Inner circle
Baltimore, MD
2158 Posts

Profile of DStachowiak
I haven't started it yet, I picked it up a week or so ago and it's on my nightstand. I expect it to be pretty much on the same level as their other books, (Cruel Tricks for Dear Friends, How to Play with Your Food) which I found to be a lot of fun.
Woke up.
Fell out of bed.
Dragged a comb across m' head.
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
It was a fun book. I don't know how much "wisdom" is in there. But there are a few things in there that may make you think a little. Mostly it's just a fun little read.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
J.D.Palmer
View Profile
New user
Columbus, Ohio
19 Posts

Profile of J.D.Palmer
It's vulgar, it's offensive, and morally - it's beyond questionable. In short... it's hilarious.

Amazon has a preview of the book as well to see if it's for you.

And my local Barnes and Noble had a stack of them on sale for $4.98 each, making it even harder to pass on.
EMVT
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of EMVT
It was a fun book definitely worth reading even if it is for fun!

EMVT
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » How to Cheat Your Friends at Poker: The Wisdom of Dickie Richard (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL