The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Dreamers Highway by Cellini Reviews Anyone? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
bropaul
View Profile
Loyal user
Florida
222 Posts

Profile of bropaul
Maybe this is not the right place to ask, but I've been looking for reviews on Cellini's Dreamers Highway. Does anyone have a copy and what do they think?

I know H&R had some that were damaged and went for $60.00 and I haven't put this on the front burner yet, so I thought I'd jump up here and see what the pros think...

Thanks.
Bro. Paul West

www.BrotherPaulMagic.com
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
It's a nice "vanity" book, but nothing earth shattering. It's more of a "memoirs" book than anything else. I liked reading his stories from the road and the people he met. There is some magic thrown in to satisfy the "trick collectors" but it wasn't really necessary.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Joe Howard
View Profile
Loyal user
The Peoples Republic of Massachusetts
204 Posts

Profile of Joe Howard
I enjoyed it. Like Dave said, it's mostly a book of memoirs, but I enjoy those types of books more than trick books. Have you read the Brother Shadow book ? It's an excellent read.

And come to think of it Bro. P. I enjoyed the brief recollections in your e-books !

Joe H
vernon
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
559 Posts

Profile of vernon
Not read it all, but its way more interesting than a book on tricks. Jim is a legend, and to sit back, nestle in with a hot drink, turn the phones off, unplug the computer, and cosy up for a history in part of Cellinis life on the road with colourful characters thrown in for good measure...brilliant. On the tricks side,being a street worker, reset is very important, and Jim has got the egde on it. Great book.
Vernon
aka
James James
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Forgive me my ignorance, but Cellini's the guy that wore mideval (sp) garb right? If so, I remember seeing him at Tannen's back in the 70's when it was fun. At one point he started playing a flute that was built into his staff.

When I see him, I think; "Gandalf, the early years!"
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Shorty
View Profile
New user
Switzerland
87 Posts

Profile of Shorty
Its a wonderful book to read and many routines and idears are very good, for real working people. Plus every Book is sign from Jim itself and with a number from 1-500. And it should fit under a cristmas tree!!!

Greetings Shorty
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
I, too, think the book is a great read. It's fun to "walk" in Cellini's shoes for a moment and read of his experiences "on the road." He definitely has stories to tell.

He is a legend of the street and well worth studying.

Mark. Smile
Arkadia
View Profile
Special user
Sweden, Sundsvall
866 Posts

Profile of Arkadia
I just couldn't put it down after starting reading it. And I did acctually find a trick I liked. The one when the magican has "nothing up his sleevs".

Worth the money - Cellini is a great writer and a loverly storyteller. His lecture at FISM was a great experience. Wonderful just sitting and listening to his version of the world.

/Ark
Don't miss out on the great new mentalist magic: www.metalwriting.com
DAK
View Profile
Regular user
UK
135 Posts

Profile of DAK
Mine is on it's way to me - can't wait!!!!

Dominick
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Its a great read for anyone with an interest in Street work. To share his thoughts and findings with us is a privalage.
One thing though on page 57 ref is made to Asen Lupan,,,a name I have no knowledge of,,,anyone here able to elaborate?

Ken
Shorty
View Profile
New user
Switzerland
87 Posts

Profile of Shorty
Hi Ken

Well, its Arséne Lupin a Magician from Poland, he is also a Fism Top Performer ( I am not sure which place, but he is) He is pretty famious in europe. Hes handling with the electric deck is wonderful. Its writen in his Lecture Notes, I think no official Tapes, what I know. Try too get the Notes, I saw the german version, I am not sure if there are notes in english.

I hope it helps you

Greetings Shorty
Gia
View Profile
New user
Edmonton, Canada
18 Posts

Profile of Gia
"Well, its Arsene Lupin a Magician from Poland"

Try from France, but now lives in the USA for the past 25 years.
GIA
Shorty
View Profile
New user
Switzerland
87 Posts

Profile of Shorty
Jim is talking about the Magician with the Stagename "Arséne Lupin" and he is from Poland and he`s work with the electric Deck. And hes Lecture Notes are here.

http://www.magic-factory.de/index.html?h......02_1.htm

my pleasure

Shorty
DAK
View Profile
Regular user
UK
135 Posts

Profile of DAK
Got my copy today, looking forward to an evening in to read it.

Kindest Regards

Dominick
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Thankyou all for your help.

Ken
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
This book is a great read, very insitfull to a life of one steet performer.
It does teach an attertude towards street performing if you read between the lines. I read this book in about three days which is good for me.
Mario
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Just got mine and read the first few pages while walking the dog (long walk, only ran into one telephone pole). Great stuff so far. Looking forward to sitting down with it tonight.
What would Wavy do?
Amon
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago, IL
134 Posts

Profile of Amon
Is Zauberlauden the only place to get it right now?
here and now
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2006-12-07 13:26, Gia wrote:
"Well, its Arsene Lupin a Magician from Poland"

Try from France, but now lives in the USA for the past 25 years.

That's Arsene Dupin. He lives in Austin and he is from France. Arsene Lupin is a different person.

BTW, I bought my copy of Dreamer's Highway From Jim when my wife and I met him and Marianne in Baden last month.

It is a very important, very insightful book. You will understand a lot of the street scene from his perspective much better than you will from Royal Touch.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Quote:
On 2007-07-08 23:00, Amon wrote:
Is Zauberlauden the only place to get it right now?

I believe it is. Here is a link. I'm not able to find the English version of this web site.

http://www.zauberladen.com/store/product......ts_id=13

Mark.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Dreamers Highway by Cellini Reviews Anyone? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL