The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Switchcraft (185 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17~18..29..39..49..59..69..71~72~73 [Next]
HypnotizeAmerica
View Profile
Veteran user
399 Posts

Profile of HypnotizeAmerica
Can anyone point out a summary of the different suppliments that Elliot has provided?
AlienMind
View Profile
Regular user
Italy
134 Posts

Profile of AlienMind
Quote:
On 2008-01-23 15:34, HypnotizeAmerica wrote:
Can anyone point out a summary of the different suppliments that Elliot has provided?

Switchcraft... the beginning
...supplements:
- The Billet Machine
- Billet Proof
- Silver Billet
- Back from the Dead
- Stack Master
- CT's Switch
- Q 4 U 2
- The Zombie Chicken Read

Best,
Pier
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Pier,

Thank you for posting the book list for me.

HypnotizeAmerica,

It wasn’t clear if you are missing anything. A lot of emails bounced back, so it’s possible. Please feel free to contact me if you need anything sent your way. I have found that download links, as opposed to actual files, have a great success rate in getting through.

Quote:
On 2008-01-22 20:01, Dr Spektor wrote:
I'm late to this - just finally ordered this as I'm stocking up on Billet techniques...

Holy Friggin' genius!!!

And for only $20!??????!?!

Elliot - this is worth wayyy more...

Ok its already been said but I'll say it again:

Great production values!

Great clear photos!

Great Switch!!!!

Plus 8 extra books?????

Kudos... 5 Elder Signs!!!

Thank you so much, Dr. Spektor!!

I really appreciate your kind comments.

Quote:
On 2008-01-22 08:22, dunlop wrote:
Elliott, just had to thank you again!
everytime I get an update in my mail, I just can't believe it!

Thanks!!!

Nicolas.

You're very welcome Nicolas!! Thank you so much for your post.

Quote:
On 2008-01-22 20:19, Greg Arce wrote:
Elliott, don't worry... you've already put your name into the league of mentalists. Your tome has made the rounds and everyone is very pleased with it. The fact that you keep adding to it and perfecting it shows how much dedication you have to this field. You're way ahead of the game.

As many have said, you should charge much more for this much material. At least maybe a few bucks per update or supplement because they are well worth it.

And as I've told you before, any time you want to send something for me to test or play with, I'll be more than happy to help in any way.

You've given us a very big gift and now we should all return the favor.

Greg

Thank you, Greg!!!

Also, thanks for your offer to provide more help with the project!! I’ll have to take you up on that. Smile

Elliott Bresler
HypnotizeAmerica
View Profile
Veteran user
399 Posts

Profile of HypnotizeAmerica
Guys what I meant was an explanation of what the different supplements are - are they switches or acts, or effects, or what?
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Oh. Each one is different.

At this point, they are not sold separately, so I'll just describe them all together.

The 8 published supplements include new switches, deceptive approaches to classic switches, new "read" techniques, new approaches to classic "read" techniques, new billet routines, re-worked classic billet routines and a funny billet gag.

Hope that helps.

I should have also mentioned that, in addition to text and photos, there is a short video contributed by the very generous Christopher Taylor.

I just ordered another advertisement; this time with Magic Magazine.

The ad will run in the April 2008 issue, which will be available in March 2008.

I'm using the same ad I ran in Genii, and am very curious about how the results of the Magic ad will compare to those generated by the Genii ad.

Only time will tell…

Place your bets!!

Hmm. The latest project I’ve been involved with is moving quite slowly. My end of things seems to be on hold…for now.

It looks like I’ll have some free time on Memorial Day weekend, so I’m considering picking up one of the supplements I started in the fall.

It’s inspired by those Milbourne Christopher “Tips on Tricks” booklets, only this one will be entirely devoted to billet secrets and subtleties.

Of course, I’m only including stuff not covered (or just glanced over) in the series so far. That’s the tough part.

So far, I have about 20 such items in my very rough draft.

Some are ingenious, but little known. Some are helpful and moderately well known; just not covered yet. Others may get cut from the final draft.

But I’m looking for more.

If you have a particularly cool billet tip for the supplement, please feel free to send it my way. If the tip is old, please try to provide the best credits you can.

Of course, I can’t guarantee that any particular item will make the final cut. Also, the publication date for the supplement really depends on whether or not I can complete it before my other project picks up again. Certainly, it will go out at some point, though.

Thanks,

Elliott
marky707
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of marky707
I got to say one thing... I bought the switch craft e-book from him a long time ago... and it has got to be one of the best investments I bought. I am constantly getting updates... it is like the gift that keeps on giving.

Keep up the good work Elliot.

Mark
ipe
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of ipe
Quote:
it has got to be one of the best investments I bought

I agree, one of the best! Thanks Elliott Smile
What would a real mindreader do?
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Thanks Mark and ipe!!

I just got an email that I MAY have some work for the other project on Memorial Day weekend. It’s looking like a 50/50 chance.

IF the project work comes in, then the supplement will get postponed a bit.

Of course, that translates to a possible extension of time for people to submit more billet secrets. A bigger book will mean a better book, so keep ‘em coming.

Elliott
lejon
View Profile
Special user
721 Posts

Profile of lejon
Exactly, one of the best ivestments.

that's why it hurts when I see ebooks going for 35 dolars with 1 routine in it.

Thanks a LOT Elliott.

Lejon
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Thanks Lejon!!!

I made some decent progress on the next supplement today.

I’m still hoping to get some more contributions from the folks at the Café, though.

I think the Christopher book had 100 tips, and I only have twenty something so far.

Elliott
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Elliott

It's difficult to come up with something that you have not already covered. Smile

Tony
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Yeah. That’s the tough part. I’ve covered many of the great billet ideas in the supplements so far. However, there are a lot of great ideas left. Annemann, in particular, has tons of them buried in his routines. So far, between Annemann, Baker and a few others, I’ve mined a little over 20 such ideas, but I want a lot more.

I’m thinking of calling the supplement “Secrets of the Masters.”

I’ll post something in “Inner thoughts” to give people an idea of what I’m talking about.

Elliott
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3238 Posts

Profile of NeilS
For anyone who has stumbled across this thread and intrigued by Switchcraft, I just say GET IT.

It is a fantastic resource and the whole magic community owes a great deal to Elliott for this great work.
Allan Kardek
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto
194 Posts

Profile of Allan Kardek
I know it's probably been said before, but Elliott's customer support is immaculate! I'd just PM'd Elliott after I noticed I was missing a few of the supplements and withing a half an hour he emails a link to grab it.! Amazing!

After the countless dollars spending on crappy and so-so ebooks, Switchcraft and Safwan Papers are the best I've ever paid for!
marky707
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of marky707
I agree with NeilS you will love this work and all the supplements that come with it... so worth the money Smile
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Thanks Neil, tardoid7 and marky707!! I really appreciate your kind comments.

As far as the supplement is concerned, I made some great progress this weekend. There’s still a long way to go, which may be a good thing as it will allow me to receive additional contributions of “billet secrets.”

I keep on reading happy comments for The Safwan Papers.
Right now, I have five items on my immediate to-buy-list: The Safwan Papers, Mind Index, an ebook by entity (gotta remember the name,) the John Riggs DVD with that Mucking Peek, and the new Hilford booklet. From the comments I keep reading, it looks like The Safwan Papers will probably be the first of those purchases.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Elliott:

I'm still waiting on the Docc Hilford book, so no comment there.
John's DVD should have been subtitled, "The Bold and the Beautiful" A fantastic collection.
Mind Index is excellent. But what would you expect from the collective minds of Dr. Bill and Millard Longman?
Safwan Papers is fantastic. I can understand why you want that first. Smile
I don't know anything about the other item.

Tony
ipe
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of ipe
Quote:
On 2008-05-26 23:58, ElliottB wrote:
an ebook by entity (gotta remember the name,)

Any info about this ebook?
What would a real mindreader do?
CENDRE
View Profile
Veteran user
FRANCE
334 Posts

Profile of CENDRE
OK, in one month I bought 2 ebooks, and how lucky I am, two wonderful ones !
- Safwan Papers
- Switchcraft

I wont talk about what you will find in theses books : it is very clearly described in their reviews. So it's a "generally speaking" comment I will do .

As I said : in one month I bought 2 ebooks, and to wonderful ones.
- Safwan Papers
- Switchcraft

I just insist on this point because I was, as many of us, often disappointed by tricks that create a big buzz and that don't worth half the price you put in.
I fact, an effect that you can't use doesn't worth anything... at all.
And even if I like to buid my own material, as many of us, I like to know if I can find something useful among the plethoric creation in magical field these past years. And IMHO there's a lot of crap, maybe it's hard but I think it's true.

But these 2 ebooks... they offer real life tools.

Can I say that I could have paid more for these books ?
If I knew what value I have found in them : yes, I could have paid much more.
But I didn't know if they really worth it. So I wouldn't have paid $50 for them.

But at $20... what can I say ?... I paid to know, so the price is good.

And I can only give my simple and direct opinion: they both well worth their price !
Il était une fois...

CENDRE
Paris
FRANCE
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Thank you so much, CENDRE!!!

A package arrived in the mail today concerning my top-secret collaborative project. Things are gonna get really busy for me…but GOOD busy!! Smile

Elliott
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Switchcraft (185 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17~18..29..39..49..59..69..71~72~73 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL