The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Switchcraft (185 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12..21..30..39..47~48~49~50~51..56..60..64..68..71~72~73 [Next]
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Thank you so much, David, Simon and DekEl!

David, I appreciate your purchase and hope you find a lot of usable technique and sequences, as you make your way through the book.

On Sunday, I edited my routine and added an additional effect generously contributed by David Numen in January.

I’m not 100% sure, but the final product still looks a little short, being the only supplement issued since last December. It may need one more item. I’ll need to give that some thought.

Elliott
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
It was a rough decision, but I decided what the “one more item” would be. I have an existing rough draft of the routine and plan to clean it up on Sunday.

Of course, if someone contributes a really awesome item between now and then, I may go with that and save my routine for a later supplement.

We will see…
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
I've been working on this every night. It's gonna be awesome!! Wait and see...
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
I have a new trick for the supplement and it’s totally awesome!

Assuming you have or can get business cards and a pencil…It’s AAA – (meaning it can be done impromptu and in many performing environments.)
It’s super easy. There’s one easy move with no heat and the rest is just handling.
It plays really strong!! (Or it least it has, so far, in my test performances. It is still in the testing phase. I probably just jinxed myself and will get busted next time I try it out)
robwar0100
View Profile
Inner circle
Buy me some newspapers.Purchase for me 1 Gazette and
1747 Posts

Profile of robwar0100
Sounds promising. I am looking forward to it, Elliott.

Bobby
"My definition of chance is my hands on the wheel," Greg Long.
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Thank you, Bobby. I was about to hit the sack, and was struck by an amazing idea. It hardly hurt all Smile

The upshot is that the above mentioned AAA routine got twice as awesome.
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
And that idea just led to another one!

Everything is still totally AAA. Still Easy. Yet more powerful. Sweet!
Sir. Mind Reader
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of Sir. Mind Reader
Elliot - Would you consider doing a hardback version of switchcraft? I've been wanting to buy it for years because it always gets good reviews AND you get a lot of words for your money. But the size is what has always put me off. I can't imagine me reading hundreds of pages at a computer.

Obviously a hardback couldn't be "updated" - but it would still be nice.
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Thank you. I understand your concerns, and very much prefer physical books, myself.

I think it is a matter of doing what you enjoy. I love putting out new supplements, but think putting together a hard back edition would be a tremendous pain in the neck. I will do it eventually, and Iain has even offered to help with the formatting and cover. But I keep pushing it off.
duanebarry
View Profile
Special user
883 Posts

Profile of duanebarry
Correspondingly you have legions of fans who are filled with delight each time you send out a new supplement. Switchcraft is an incredible act of sustained generosity.

Thank you, Elliott.
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Thank you so much, Sir.

Your post means a lot to me.

Elliott
gmeister
View Profile
Inner circle
1588 Posts

Profile of gmeister
Quote:
On 2011-09-20 14:33, duanebarry wrote:
Correspondingly you have legions of fans who are filled with delight each time you send out a new supplement. Switchcraft is an incredible act of sustained generosity.

Thank you, Elliott.

Absolutely!

There have been a few times when I haven't been keeping up and, as a result, find a new supplement announcement in my email. Any day that happens is Xmas and further convinces me that Elliott is, indeed, Santa Claus. (Come on now--who among you has even seen them together?)
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Thank you so much, gmeister.

A near final draft is complete. All that is left is the final self edit and the Thank You section. I hope to finish both of those early next week.

Elliott
AWESOME
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of AWESOME
Will this be available in PDF or hard copy?
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
It will be a PDF.

I am rewriting two routines to reflect a superior handling. I finished one today, but will need to edit it tomorrow tonight, and then get started on rewriting the other one.

Elliott
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
I finished the supplement last night, and just need to convert to PDF, attach to the main Switchcraft document, add bookmarks, upload to Payloadz and DPD, and mail it out. This week is very busy, so I probably will be able to do all that on Sunday.
Rocketeer
View Profile
Special user
Westchester, NY
965 Posts

Profile of Rocketeer
You don't buy Switchcraft. You subscribe to it. Every subscription starts with chapter one and every chapter is more exciting than an old time Saturday matinee serial.
I'm selling my hardcover autographed limited edition copy of Jerome Finley's "Thought Veil"

PM me for info.
Marqus
View Profile
Special user
899 Posts

Profile of Marqus
Switchcraft is the ultimate billet learning machine!

Elliott, keep up the awesome work!
PWRIS
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of PWRIS
What can I say, have just received the new update. At the begining of this thread it was 122 pages it is now 575 !!! and he is still working on it, this WILL become / IS one of the classics. This work IMO is Monumental to Mentalism.

If you do not have this then ...

Many thanks Elliot and keep up the Great work.

Paul
Paul W. Randall
"Englishman in Germany"
EricDraven
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of EricDraven
Got the update!
what a tome!!
:)
many thanks!!
Believe me...nothing is trivial...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Switchcraft (185 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12..21..30..39..47~48~49~50~51..56..60..64..68..71~72~73 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL