The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » How much magic do you need for a resturant? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Andrew E. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1428 Posts

Profile of Andrew E. Miller
You can actually carry as much as you see fit too. I would just recommend that it all be magic you can do in your hands. I don't agree with all the people who say all you need is this and this. You carry what you want!!! It works out better if the stuff you carry are things you can do in the hands. Table-hopping is just that way. I don't agree with the people who say that you need a close-up mat either. I think, as many others have said, it invades their space and makes them feel violated as those being "table-hopped." Have fun with restaurants!!!

Andrew Smile Smile
If you get bored go to www.a-miller.idz.net and watch some magic.

-Andrew
Dan LeFay
View Profile
Inner circle
Holland
1371 Posts

Profile of Dan LeFay
Ben C. I like Greg Wilson's style and his impromptu effects are great.
Not necessary to go into detail what I have in my pockets but I feel that "something special" besides all the normal stuff you use (pocket change, napkins, cutlery, rubberbands etc.)is very well received by restaurant audiences.
I try to do my cups and balls routine at least 8 times a night when I work restaurants.
This gives a feeling of great importance to the audience, that's why I use the best working and looking C&B I can afford.

Especially when you've showed them things which they perceive as (very good) guerilla-magic. The introduction of two heavy brass cups and a wooden wand helps them realize you are not a "bypassing trickster, out for a tip" only, but an artist!

Boy, I realise I sound cocky. But it fits my style, and the atmosphere I want to create at a table, perfectly.
"Things need not have happened to be true.
Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths,
that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes,
and forgot."
Neil Gaiman
Eric Grossman
View Profile
Elite user
St. Louis, MO
429 Posts

Profile of Eric Grossman
I carry small items, but usually more than I'll need.
I wear a loop, which I rarely end up using, but it's a great "just in case" item.
One deck and invisible deck.
TT, silk, mismade bill.
Daryl knife set.
String for ring and string.
rubber bands.
4 half dollars and shell.

This is just for strolling and table hopping.
family/magic/music/life
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Profile of Michael_MacDonald
I carry one deck of cards
6 halves with expanded sh...
4 songe balls
jumbo coin
t.t
and string
with these simple props i can perform for hours never repeating a trick

that is the beauty of slight of hand
no reset!
packs small
plays huge

Michael Macdonald
cardfreakhk
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong SAR
585 Posts

Profile of cardfreakhk
I have a friend who always carry some half dollars and one pack of card only to work.
And I have a friend who always carry 3 or 4 big boxes of magic props for close up shows.

What do you think is suitable?

Michael Lam
Don't just dream, stay awake and action!
BenSchwartz
View Profile
Elite user
Southern California
499 Posts

Profile of BenSchwartz
The first LOL
"The experience of astonishment is the experience of a clear, primal state of mind that they associate with a child's state of mind." ---- Paul Harris
Leland
View Profile
Inner circle
St Louis
1180 Posts

Profile of Leland
add a couple of rubber bands and get your self a video on rubber band magic. Takes up no space and plays big!
Life of Magic!
Mickey Cohen
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Mickey Cohen
There are some exceptions , but generally i carry 4 sets each consisting of 3 tricks. I can do 35 minutes if I have to.Each set is 10 minutes.Everything is interchangeable.Jazz Magic.
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1979 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
Cigars from Purse is a favorite of mine. Shriek of the Mutilated...Impromptu Memorised Deck work...Borrowed bent coin...and a host of sleight of hand magic with coins and cards...I'll be adding the Dennis Loomis/Paul Riser Micro Chop Cup soon, too. Ultimate Back-Off is another winner...

Most important however is to mix it up a bit...if you don't, you will suffer extreme bordom and distaste for this business...

I'm always working on new, challenging material to offer my clients...you don't want to be a one trick pony, particularly for repeat customers...how many times can they watch a sponge ball routine?
SKILL
View Profile
Regular user
Florida
145 Posts

Profile of SKILL
Quote:
On 2003-01-08 02:50, Michael_MacDonald wrote:
I carry one deck of cards
6 halves with expanded sh...
4 songe balls
jumbo coin
t.t
and string
with these simple props i can perform for hours never repeating a trick

that is the beauty of slight of hand
no reset!
packs small
plays huge

Michael Macdonald

I totally agree this is like me
-TT for bill switch a la (Jay sankey)
-sponge Rabbits(3 adult 10 babes)
-deck regular
-jumbo coin(penny)
-Mi wallet(fire and card to wallet)
-5 half dollar
and a lot of Fun Smile
In order to arrive at perfeccion
you must go through the failure
Japanese Thoughts
Sean Macfarlane
View Profile
Special user
880 Posts

Profile of Sean Macfarlane
I always end up doing about 4 of my top tricks. coins cards , and bills.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » How much magic do you need for a resturant? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL