The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Greetings from Salt Lake City (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MisterE21
View Profile
Elite user
Salt Lake City, UT
426 Posts

Profile of MisterE21
Hello everybody!

Welcome from what is normally (and supposedly) the home of "the world's greatest snow." I wouldn't really know as I'm not super outdoorsy and, this year at least, we've had nearly none.

Anyway, onwards and upwards to myself...in other words, it's all downhill from here!

I'm Spence, a/k/a Mister E (old nickname from my high school hip hop days) I'm 22 and recently married, no kids yet. I've been working on my card magic since about June and have recently begun adding some mental effects to my repetoire. Also, I'm becoming extremely interested in the more bizarre side of the art. I think this interest stems from my age old inclination towards horror movies and fiction as well as my love of storytelling.

On that note, I'm also a writer. You can visit my writing site at

http://members.aol.com/reader21/

if such things (stories, essays, poetry) interest you.

While I definetely appreciate new tricks and effects, I love to discuss and debtate theory and more...esoteric and intangible concepts regarding out artform. For instance, I'd rather discuss the merits of a certain presentation style versus the merits of a certain pass.

As far as watching magicians, I love watching Bill Malone and David Regal, but have a strong affinity for the work of Max Maven, Eugene Burger and Jeff McBride.

Finally, to end with a dream (always end on a positive note, right?)...I'm going to work my bottom off to atten one of McBride's Master Classes this year....

Anyway...That's me. Nice to meet you and I hope to get to know you all better!
Your EFFECT is only as good as its AFFECT.
Caleb Strange
View Profile
Special user
Manchester UK
676 Posts

Profile of Caleb Strange
MisterE21, welcome to the Café. As a fellow bizarrist with more than a passing interest in storytelling, I can tell you that you've come to the right place.

Check out some of the previous threads in the Bizarre forum. Some great material and thinking there. Some people are pushing out the boundaries of our art. You'll find that everybody is friendly, supportive, and so helpful. I'm sure I speak for all the bizarrists, when I say we look forward to sharing ideas with you.

Warm regards,

Caleb Strange.

P.S. Off to check out your writing site now.
-- QCiC --
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24052 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Hello Spence,

I want to thank you for entering The Magic Café. I promise you are going to love it. I hope you the best. Help yourself to any snacks. Don't worry, the tab is mine.
Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

Do you write proposals?

Dynamike
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Special user
Beverley, UK
857 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
you have come to the right place...
you will find everything here...
and everyone to help you on your way!

welcome - Wulfie
Lee Marelli
View Profile
Special user
Aurora, Colorado
876 Posts

Profile of Lee Marelli
Welcome! You have come to the right place. There is something here for everyone. Do not forget to post, because that is the fun of the Café. Enjoy!
"Mentalism is a state of mind." Marelli
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
Welcome to the Café! Smile

Margarette
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
markjens
View Profile
Loyal user
N. CA
213 Posts

Profile of markjens
Hey Spence, welcome to the Café. Hope you find the gang as friendly as I have. If your name is short for Spencer one of my three sons shares your name, and it is a good one if I do say so myself. Glad you have an interest in the art side of the art, I like both Burger and McBride as well. Both have been very kind to me.
Isramagia
View Profile
Regular user
Bayamon, Puerto Rico
114 Posts

Profile of Isramagia
Hi Spence. Welcome from another new arrival. I feel at home here and hope you will also. Maybe I'll see you at one of the McBride Master Classes this year. Smile
Izzy
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4985 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Welcome to the Café, Spence. This is the best place on the web. I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself here as you read the many menu's we have to offer. While you're reading, have a snack on my bill and don't forget to post.
Smile
Where the magic begins
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1447 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
Hi Spence,
Welcome to the family. You will be an addition to the Café without any doubt. So please visit us often and make your contributions. Please have a cup of strong Turkish coffee on my bill while you begin to type your next post.
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Have you visited my new Website in English, yet?

www.magictora.com or www.torasmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Greetings from Salt Lake City (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL