The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The clothes we wear » » Costumes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rob Pond
View Profile
Regular user
Scott, OH
156 Posts

Profile of Rob Pond
I was wondering on what to have my assistents wear. I am doing a classical act, but I will be doing illusions. I need them to be able to move easily, but I need the outfit to be basicly "school approperiate". Anyone have any suggestions?
Rob Pond
ToasterofDoom
View Profile
Special user
671 Posts

Profile of ToasterofDoom
Why not look at costumes from performances in old photographs? The "classical era" modesty would guarantee nothing too inappropriate.

oh, and its "COSTUMES." I thought you had a problem getting your three piece suit on a plane or something.
Rob Pond
View Profile
Regular user
Scott, OH
156 Posts

Profile of Rob Pond
Oh, sorry. Can't believe I spelled that wrong. I have looked at a lot of old photographs, but in most of them they are wearing dresses. I am thinking about just asking my assistents what they would wear. I think they would know best on this subject. I guess I will have to go shopping with them.
Thanks
Rob Pond
Ms. Morgan
View Profile
Veteran user
The Garden State
399 Posts

Profile of Ms. Morgan
Rob,

You can't go wrong with black slacks. Something with a bit of stretch and a little flare at the leg (a bit of a flare, sort of bell or boot cut, always makes a girl's legs look nice and long). Then try to find tops or even body suits in a color that matches something you are wearing. (Your tie or shirt perhaps.) The pants can be worn over the body suit so she's not showing too much leg but she won't have a problem with her top riding up in an illusion. This sort of look can be dressed up, or down, with a jacket or a line of rhinestones down the outside seam of the pant legs. A jacket also lets you change up looks in a show without really having to "change" in a school setting. The key to pants for women on stage is in the shoes. If the pants are black (and they should be) the shoes must be black as well: heels, no flats, no open toes. That way what you see is a long, sexy, leg line that goes all the way to the floor.

Hope I've been a little help...Smile

Morgan
World Magic Award's "Escape Artist of the Year"
www.EscapeChick.com
www.illusionbiz.com
www.WackyDracky.com
Rob Pond
View Profile
Regular user
Scott, OH
156 Posts

Profile of Rob Pond
That is very helpful. I will give these details to my assistent and then we will go shopping for them. Thanks for the help.
Rob Pond
Ms. Morgan
View Profile
Veteran user
The Garden State
399 Posts

Profile of Ms. Morgan
Glad to be of help....maybe next time I will check my spelling before I post, opps! Sorry............Smile

Morgan
www.EscapeChick.com
www.illusionbiz.com
www.WackyDracky.com
Rob Pond
View Profile
Regular user
Scott, OH
156 Posts

Profile of Rob Pond
I didn't even notice any misspellings till I went back and recheck your post.
Rob Pond
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Rob
Ms. Morgan had the exact same outfit that she described on at Bob Little's Super Sunday, and she had everyones undevided attention.
Al Angello
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Ms. Morgan
View Profile
Veteran user
The Garden State
399 Posts

Profile of Ms. Morgan
Al,
<Blush>....didn't know anyone was looking that closely. Smile Smile
What can I say...I'm always ready to jump in a box.

Morgan
www.EscapeChick.com
www.illusionbiz.com
www.WackyDracky.com
Steven Steele
View Profile
Chief of Staff
Hesperia, California USA
1904 Posts

Profile of Steven Steele
Rob,

Morgan is right on target. Years ago I used some high school girls to assist in a school show. I put them in a nice pant/jumper suit. It was a solid color with a gold belt that complemented my outfit (shirt). It looked very smart and allowed them the flexibility to move about (in an out of boxes).

Steven
Rob Pond
View Profile
Regular user
Scott, OH
156 Posts

Profile of Rob Pond
Thanks for the advise. I told the girls this and they knew exactly what you were talking about. Which is good because I really didn't know what those were. We are going to wait and get the outfits in Janruary, so if anyone else has any suggestions, I would love to hear them.
Rob Pond
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The clothes we wear » » Costumes (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL