The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » Copperfield in Japan (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jon Snyder
View Profile
New user
Japan
64 Posts

Profile of Jon Snyder
I saw Copperfield's perfermance in Japan last night. It was a decent show, but contained many effects he's done in the past. I was, however, impressed with his passing through a steel plate and the car production. One of the effect was pretty tasteless in my opinion. That was his pregnancy trick. In the few shows I have attended back in the states I don't remember him ever using "fowl" language. When he talked about his duck taking acting classes and spraying water he used language to talk about moods such as p***ed off, cr***y and Sh***y. Is this usual.

Being in Japan and doing his effect where he sends an audience member to an island, Izarta, I think he should have used a Japanese person. Instead he went with an American and it seemed so out of place. Just my opinion.

Anyways, always fun to watch another performance.
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1077 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
There is worse language to use.

I personally don't think it would matter.

Your kids hear worse language at school every day.

But I am looking forward to seeing him this Jan. Although I am in Row Z seat 50 lol
-A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
-It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
-The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

See you space cowboy...
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
Quote:
On 2006-12-08 04:56, Jon Snyder wrote:
I saw Copperfield's perfermance in Japan last night. It was a decent show, but contained many effects he's done in the past. I was, however, impressed with his passing through a steel plate and the car production. One of the effect was pretty tasteless in my opinion. That was his pregnancy trick. In the few shows I have attended back in the states I don't remember him ever using "fowl" language. When he talked about his duck taking acting classes and spraying water he used language to talk about moods such as p***ed off, cr***y and Sh***y. Is this usual.

I saw him perform last year in the states. He did the same gag with the duck and used the same line; I remember being surprised about how much blue material he had; especially with there being a lot of children in the audience.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » Copperfield in Japan (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL