The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Greetings & Happy New Year from North East England! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jonny J
View Profile
New user
North East England
78 Posts

Profile of Jonny J
Hi all.

Having "lurked" for several months, my new year's resolution is to register and post a message. (So far, I'm sticking to it!)

My interest over the last two or three years has primarily been with cards, though I am currently reading "The Magic Of Michael Ammar" to see if I might like to diversify. It must be paying off because I'm already starting to stick a couple of rubber bands around my card boxes! Otherwise, my favourite book at present is probably still James Swain's 21st Century Card Magic.

My favourite effects are impromptu, and insofar as possible, with ungaffed cards. I like clean and precise, fingertip handling, promoting every appearance of fairness.

One of my favourite quotations comes from Expert Card Technique, in discussing achieving results 'seemingly' without sleight of hand, it continues: "It is as though the pack of cards in his hands had magical properties and the conjourer is simply the personality entrusted with the duty of showing these feats of which the pack is capable."

I don't perform professionally, and at present don't really have aspirations in that direction. I'm happy occasionally performing for friends and colleagues.

Now that I've finally registered, I look forward to taking part in this great forum.

I think the strangest thing for me will be to ask a question, and perhaps receive replies from names I've come to know, thinking, "I remember learning some of your effects from Online-Visions", etc. But that'll be great just as soon as I get over the initial culture shock!

Finally, I hope this intro wasn't too much of an epic!

Kind regards,
Jon.
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Special user
Beverley, UK
857 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
welcome Jon,
small world is it not?
I come from the north east England too...
mmmm...we could be neighbours.
That is not you banging in the garage until the early hours is it? (lol)

regards,
Wulfie
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24052 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Happy New Year to you also, Jon.

Dynamike
Lee Marelli
View Profile
Special user
Aurora, Colorado
876 Posts

Profile of Lee Marelli
Welcome! As you know. You have come to the right place. There is something here for everyone. Do not forget to post, because that is the fun of the Café. Enjoy!
"Mentalism is a state of mind." Marelli
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
Welcome to the Café! Smile

Margarette
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
markjens
View Profile
Loyal user
N. CA
213 Posts

Profile of markjens
Jon,
Not too much of an epic at all. You have already found a kindred spirits here when I read that you enjoy reading magic. That is what I call a good start! Have a great one, and I'm glad your resolution has made you a poster.
Jonny J
View Profile
New user
North East England
78 Posts

Profile of Jonny J
Thank you to all for the welcome messages.

I thought it was a good forum before, but it's more fun to participate too. Now I wish I hadn't lurked for so long!

Also, as a word of reassurance to wulfiesmith, the only noises coming from my garage in the early hours of the morning are the sounds of some "#*@!" stealing my mountain bike... again.

(Although why a Jay Sankey effect would want to steal my mountain bike is another matter!!)

Thanks.

Jon.
theaceofspades
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of theaceofspades
weird, I am also from the north east of england, north shields to be precise!!

Now that's what I call magic!!
There is a briliant magic shop in Newcastle called magicBox, you should go, it has everything!!
ADIOS

Smile Smile
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1447 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
Hi Jon.
Welcome to the Café. Please keep in mind that every proffessional was an amateur at the beginning. So use this opportunity to improve your skills. In the meantime please have a cup of strong coffee on my bill.
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Have you visited my new Website in English, yet?

www.magictora.com or www.torasmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Greetings & Happy New Year from North East England! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL