The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Robert Gallup in Hong Kong (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1485 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Last week I had the privilege and honour to work directly with Robert Gallup on the front line at the Peak Hong Kong.
for photos please go to the following link.

http://www.pbase.com/lushlife/sun_microsystems,

and if you would like to watch one of the news clips go to

http://203.198.158.148/~graphics/RobertGallup_TVB.mpg.zip

Ian McColl
Joe Marotta
View Profile
Special user
Can You Believe I Have
944 Posts

Profile of Joe Marotta
Ian,

Thanks for sharing Robert's USD excape in HK. The news clip is great. I like the way he finally released his feet and hung by one hand. Very cool. Question Ian, were the feet stocks your creation?

Those pictures show it to be quite a company party. All I know is it's a good thing Robert had you there to assist and consult. Judging by the height he was hoisted to, I would say that his life depended on you as well.

Well Done Robert and Ian!!

Joe
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1485 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Hi Joe, the height above the ground below was approx 120 feet. A winch on stage drew the rope in to release the stocks at the 4 minute mark and Robert escaped in 3.55 minutes. To add the thrill, instead of Robert just holding onto the safety handles as the stocks opened, he added some slack to one of the handles and he actaully drops out of the them and falls about 20 feet.

Yes the stocks were one of my creations and I thank Robert for trusting his life to my work.

Ian
Doc Allgood
View Profile
Regular user
Houston, TX
156 Posts

Profile of Doc Allgood
I love that drop!

The stocks look incredible. Great job, as usual, Mr. McColl.

(I think I recognized some of those locks, but I'm not sure.)
Pal Bodnar
View Profile
Regular user
Playa del Carmen, MX
112 Posts

Profile of Pal Bodnar
Dear Ian,

it was amazing cool! Thanks for sharing the vid!
I like his stunts! He is a very good escape artist, maybe the best! Smile

Regards,

Paul
Pal Bodnar - In Magic We Trust
Ms. Morgan
View Profile
Veteran user
The Garden State
399 Posts

Profile of Ms. Morgan
Wow, I have to give Mr.Gallup credit...I've stood on the roof of the building just to the left of where he is hanging. The wind alone at the Peak is enough to blow you off your feet, and to look down will make you weak in the knees. I don't think I'd like to take that crane ride. Nice job!

Ian, the legs stocks are great, they look mean and safe. You're the man I'd want watching my back for a stunt like this. Another job well done.

Morgan
World Magic Award's "Escape Artist of the Year"
www.EscapeChick.com
www.illusionbiz.com
www.WackyDracky.com
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5110 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
NIce! Very nice!
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Robert Gallup in Hong Kong (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.51 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL