The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Envelope wouldn't burn (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mrsmiles
View Profile
Elite user
443 Posts

Profile of mrsmiles
Hands up guys - I know I was wrong here. Tried to do burnt bill in envelope. I'd done this trick years ago with success. But for last 7 years I've only been doing close up but I had a stand up show the other day and thought I'd do it. So I practiced the secret move with the bill and envelope extensively and thoroughly and had it smooth and perfect again. The one thing I didn't do in practice is burn the envelope! I knew my wife would probably walk in and go beserk - she wouldn't agree if I asked her beforehand. Years ago the envelope burnt ok so I thought I'd be fine. The show was quite up-market and I thought I'd use good quality envelopes. I had no idea they would not burn. It went out within moments after 5 attempts each time!
I've bought lighter fuel and used it for my second show last night with complete success. I always practice anything I do from beginning to end, here was the one exception and look what you get. Even if you THINK you can do it because it's dead easy, something called sods law (it is called that in the UK anyway) will show you that come the live performance it is not so easy!
mrsmiles
(UK)
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Well done, mrsmiles. You've just re-learned one of the most important lessons in magic. Practice everything BEFORE doing it for the public.

Now...don't let it happen again!

Mark. Smile
nathanallen
View Profile
Special user
Des Moines, Iowa, USA
522 Posts

Profile of nathanallen
Put a bit of flash paper inside the envelope, in the corner. That's what I do. Actually, I use a paper napkin that contains the bill... Sometimes a cloth bandana... That's always funny. A big hole quickly burned into a hanky.
Nathan Allen, The Maniac of Magic
www.maniacofmagic.com

To buy a prop is nothing.
To write a good routine is something.
To really entertain an audience is everything.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Envelope wouldn't burn (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL