The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic Friday by Jamie D. Grant » » STARGAZER by Alan Wong (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
as seen in Ripley's Believe It or Not! Twice!
2413 Posts

Profile of Jamie D. Grant
Dec.08/06

What The Audience Sees:

'This week Jamie said he had something special for our Christmas tree. He twisted a rubber band he had into the shape of a star. He then said some magic words and when he let go of the rubber band, it stayed in it's star shape. Cool!!

How It Went:

I've always been a big fan of rubber band magic and this trick is a good one. There's a lot of offices in town now with little rubber band stars on top of their trees so, all in all, I'd say it's great trick. It is more for the ladies and children crowd, however, as I'm not sure I'd be busting out the Stargazer at a biker bar or anything- but it went over really well on Friday.

Best Lines:

It must be the magic of Christmas!- said seriously.
You're a rubber band ninja!- I'm going to add that to my resume!

Angry Bob Rating:

I have a co-worker (Bob) whose uncle was a magician and thereby has a good working knowledge of how magic works. He's pretty grumpy but likes Magic Friday's because he can tell me how he figured out how the effect is done... A high rating means he'll never figure it out.

I actually didn't see Angry Bob on Friday. I'm sure he was too busy voting for my bottle at http://www.ripleys.com Smile!

My Rating:

I'm going to give this a solid 8.5. Not changing people's lives but, for the moment, making them special.

The JDG Tip:

Café member That Magic Guy (Mark Fitzgerald) sells really good #19's and replacement Stargazers. That's a good tip. You'll need to know the routine, however...

Closing Thoughts:

Well, aside from the Ripleys contest, which is driving me to near madness, everything's been going extremely well. I've had a record number of corporate shows this year and I'm really happy with how things are in my life.

Which brings me to a Special Announcement that I think I'll be making next week. It will involve the future of Magic Friday...

HAVE A GREAT WEEK!

Jamie D. Grant
http://www.ripleys.com
TRICK OF THE YEAR: Industrial Revelation, BOOK OF THE YEAR: The Approach, The AIP Bottle, and my new book Scenic 52, can all be found over here: SendWonder.com
Kindness takes practice. My TEDx talk
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic Friday by Jamie D. Grant » » STARGAZER by Alan Wong (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL