The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Mind Power Deck by John Kennedy (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Zackary
View Profile
Loyal user
Monroe,Louisiana
210 Posts

Profile of Zackary
Has anyone seen this trick?It looks really cool and I'm thinking about getting it.You can see a video of it at penguinmagic.com. Does anyone have this effect.It's where you show a deck of cards and a spectator freely (no force) picks a card mentally and you read their mind. More than one person can even remember a card! If you have this effect,is it as good as it sounds?
Thanks,
Zack
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
I ordered one and when it comes in I'll let you know. Looks really good.
Zackary
View Profile
Loyal user
Monroe,Louisiana
210 Posts

Profile of Zackary
Where did you order yours from?
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
You can get it at Ellusionist or try Magic Smith. Check demos [ Mind Power Deck]
Zackary
View Profile
Loyal user
Monroe,Louisiana
210 Posts

Profile of Zackary
I was going to get mine from penguinmagic.But we're getting of topic.Does anyone have this trick and is it worth the money.
jkvand
View Profile
Special user
Johnstown, PA
658 Posts

Profile of jkvand
I had this trick, but sold it, mostly because I didn't feel the effect was good enough to warrant carrying around an odd looking deck of cards. I always use Bicycle cards, and I use several decks that are gaffed. This Mind Power Deck would be a lot better if it came in Bicycle backs IMHO. Although you don't have to 'reach' very much, you still must reach a little bit, and sometimes more than others. To me, it wasn't worth the $30 price tag, but maybe some of you will find it worthwhile.
miracle
View Profile
New user
Hong Kong
95 Posts

Profile of miracle
I'm thinking to order it soon, I just have a little thought of it, the secret, just guess, I think it needs strong misdirection skill to let spectators "choose" their cards. That made many people don't like it, as some of us (like me) do not have enough confidence to do this kind of magic.

jkvand, is that something close or similar to the method ? Actually no matter what kind of method being used, I'll get soon, as I really shocked when I watch the demo from John Kennedy.
Schaden
View Profile
Inner circle
Purgatory
1253 Posts

Profile of Schaden
I don't think it is a good stand alone trick but it is needed to preform Derren Browns Smoke. If you don't have a really good routine around it don't even bother.

Lee
WilliamWHolcomb
View Profile
Special user
Twinsburg, Ohio
533 Posts

Profile of WilliamWHolcomb
I posted a similar topic a few weeks ago and decided not to purchase the deck because of its unusual back design.

However, Brad Burt suggested that you use this to your advantage by keeping the deck in a weird looking case. We you pull the deck out you can patter about finding the deck in a antique store...it had mystic powers...etc. This will get you started.
William Holcomb
Richard Sanders
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sanders FX
162 Posts

Profile of Richard Sanders
Hey Guys,

Here's an idea I picked up from Derren Brown.

Since people really only see the faces of the cards other than at the beginning when you take them out of the card case...try putting a joker from a bicyle deck on top of the face down deck.
Take the cards out of a bicycle case, let the back of the face down deck (ie. the top face down card of the face down deck) be seen and then turn the deck face up and spread it on the table as per the mind reading routine and away you go.
From the audience's point of view,
you just took a bicycle deck of cards out of it's case and spread it face up on the table.
Rich Smile
Zackary
View Profile
Loyal user
Monroe,Louisiana
210 Posts

Profile of Zackary
I have a question.Is it always the same cards or can they be different every time? If you can answer this,I would really like to know.
Zack
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Richard , I like Darren's idea of putting the one bicycle card in the deck. Haven't got mine yet but will use that method.
pyro
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of pyro
in my opinion its not worth the 30$.
Michele
View Profile
Loyal user
Taiwan
299 Posts

Profile of Michele
This trick worth $300 if you know how to use it.
Don't just read the instruction. Use your imagination + little mind control
and misdirection.
Every time when I perform with it , the spectators surprise with it.
ColinB
View Profile
Regular user
129 Posts

Profile of ColinB
I think it's excellent - I "Bicyclize" mine with bike Jokers back and front as Richard describes above. I do a variation on Derren Brown's "Smoke" - I suppose one would call it "Beer", using the same logic (if you know "Smoke", you might guess where the thought-of card ends up!) as I don't particularly want to smoke, even for one trick.

Once again, it is well worth the money, providing you put time, effort and thought into the presentation.

Colin
ploter
View Profile
New user
france
43 Posts

Profile of ploter
I may just have to buy it.
deputy
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1041 Posts

Profile of deputy
I would not leave home without it, I thik it is better than the invisble deck
mindgames
View Profile
Veteran user
389 Posts

Profile of mindgames
John kenedy mindpower deck is infact an old trick that he already published before... but now the new version come with the bycicle deck back so its more authentic and easy to switch.
if do it right, this can be a real to close mind reading act.
like what deputy have said, I own 3 deck with me incase we cant found it again in the year 2020....
this is one of my top 5 close up routines that I always do to proof a real mind reading.
however, we can also duplicate the effect using out of sight out of mind from Mr professor...
but this one is just much more cleaner.
get it while it last.
I READ MINDS.... YOURS TOO.
deputy
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1041 Posts

Profile of deputy
Yeah derren' devis picture book has a real good hanling ofthis I think it is called smoke
Mark Storms
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, WA
393 Posts

Profile of Mark Storms
This is bar none, my FAVORITE trick to perform!
Find out what you cannot do.., Then go and do it!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Mind Power Deck by John Kennedy (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL