The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Mind Power Deck by John Kennedy (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
4997 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
The Heirloom Bonus Pack is dedicated for all owners of the great Mindpower Deck, now you can order a set with Heirloom Photos as a killer ending.
I received the pack recently and its a quality product. This make a good effect even better Smile

The ad:
"The Heirloom Bonus Pack
Additional cards, routines & effects
Uncle Charlie’s been at it again!
Not only was he a gambler but he also dabbled in Mind Reading and Magic!
Included in this special pack Uncle Charlie provides you with the photos to add to your performance of “John Kennedy’s Mind Power Deck” & “Bob Cassidy’s Chronologue” as well as some very special bonus cards including the five E.S.P symbols! This pack comes complete with thirty two custom printed photographs and some great routines.
Charlie is your favourite Uncle, so never leave home without him!"

http://www.alakazam.co.uk/
afuoco
View Profile
Loyal user
Virginia
206 Posts

Profile of afuoco
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Heirloom Bonus Pack is dedicated for all owners of the great Mindpower Deck,
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mats

PLease describe what the heirloom does. I have the mindpower deck.
Arnie
Jimmy Y
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Y
Mindpower deck is pretty much the only gimmicked deck I use nowadays. Check out Derren's handling as mentioned in this thread, it kills everytime I perform Smoke.
Nice to meet you Smile
Jimmy
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Hi,

I've just bought a second hand Kennedy mindpower deck but the guy couldn't find the instructions. Is there anybody that wouldn't mind emailing them to me. I'll happily provide proof that I own the deck.

Many thanks
Sean
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1258 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
It's kind of just exactly as you would expect (if you know what I mean)

IMO this deck works best when changed slightly and built into new routines. A very good purchase I feel, where did you buy it?

You may be able find something in inner thoughts that wouldn't vary too far from the original routine.

Try to find a video of someone using the deck and play through it with yours, I read the instructions once and then left them (still keeping them though)
Protection for mind readers and mentalists: http://tricksofthemind.com
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10630 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2011-06-08 15:00, seangiles wrote:
Hi,

I've just bought a second hand Kennedy mindpower deck but the guy couldn't find the instructions. Is there anybody that wouldn't mind emailing them to me. I'll happily provide proof that I own the deck.

Many thanks
Sean

Just PM me and I can email it in a day or so Sean
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
Southeastern United States
1095 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
This may be of interest to some...
The most subtle way I have come up with,to have a spectator think of a card they see without asking them directly to do so,is after all 52 cards are shown to be different(really),i turn the deck face down and say...You can think of any card but this one!. At that point I place one card from the deck face down on the table(THE JOKER),then again spread the cards for them to think of any card.
After the card(s) are thought of and the deck is being tabled,i turn the joker face up and say,Thats the reason I said "any card but this one"...It stands out and I don't want to influence you in anyway...

Note: Because the spectator does not know what card you placed aside,they naturally use their vision,to aid them in the mental selection,because their not allowed to think of one card...which is unknown.
They create the solution of how to think of a card themselves(Their idea).

Just an alternative to the standard approach of one aspect of the legendary Mystery Deck,which may be of interest to some,who know enough about it to understand what the he!! I just said Smile

S
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
4997 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Mind Power Deck is a very strong thing to do, I have fooled magicians...

Made in red-backed Bicycle playing cards:
http://www.johnkennedymagic.com/scripts/......oduct=16
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1258 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
Worth getting the bikes,
Protection for mind readers and mentalists: http://tricksofthemind.com
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3969 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Quote:
On 2011-06-09 00:18, Steve Haynes wrote:
This may be of interest to some...
The most subtle way I have come up with,to have a spectator think of a card they see without asking them directly to do so,is after all 52 cards are shown to be different(really),i turn the deck face down and say...You can think of any card but this one!. At that point I place one card from the deck face down on the table(THE JOKER),then again spread the cards for them to think of any card.
After the card(s) are thought of and the deck is being tabled,i turn the joker face up and say,Thats the reason I said "any card but this one"...It stands out and I don't want to influence you in anyway...

Note: Because the spectator does not know what card you placed aside,they naturally use their vision,to aid them in the mental selection,because their not allowed to think of one card...which is unknown.
They create the solution of how to think of a card themselves(Their idea).

Just an alternative to the standard approach of one aspect of the legendary Mystery Deck,which may be of interest to some,who know enough about it to understand what the he!! I just said Smile

S

Steve, I like that a lot, very clever approach! Thanks for sharing this genius (IMHO) idea. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
1095 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
Thanks Jan,
Glad you liked it.
I put that together pretty soon after getting the deck years ago and it left the joker face up for the ques I nedded when first starting out.
S
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Quote:
On 2011-06-08 16:19, Olympic Adam wrote:
It's kind of just exactly as you would expect (if you know what I mean)

IMO this deck works best when changed slightly and built into new routines. A very good purchase I feel, where did you buy it?

You may be able find something in inner thoughts that wouldn't vary too far from the original routine.

Try to find a video of someone using the deck and play through it with yours, I read the instructions once and then left them (still keeping them though)

Got it from a forum in the UK that sells used magic. Wasn't untill it arrived that it came to light that the instructions were missing!
I do have the Derren Brown DVD's where he makes use of and explains the deck to a certain extent but I'm not sure what the 2 x odd looking cards are for. Luckly someone has kindly offered to send me the instructions at the weekend.

Sean
Phil J.
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of Phil J.
I've got both the Heirloom Bonus Pack and “Bob Cassidy’s Chronologue” but I can't for the life of me see how this would work with only one set of four cards. Can someone point me in the right direction. Thanks.
You were born original... Don't die a copy Smile
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Inner circle
Changing the world with my
1307 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
Great trick...wouldn't be without it.

I've found weirdly that I can get the spectators card in or or two questions now--spooky but true !!
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4621 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
This is one of my favourite g****d decks. Simply brilliant! Yes, it's now available in Bikes. Handling and presentation are crucial, but nevertheless, in the MP deck you have one of the most flawless mind-reading decks on the planet!
A simply awesome, yet simple concept. I cannot rate this below 100%, it's a truly spectacular deck, and lends itself to many variations.
For those "in the know", I've never been caught out once with this deck.....presentation, my friends!
Potty
:dancing:
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5267 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Quote:
On 2011-06-11 11:57, Ray Chelt wrote:

"...I've found weirdly that I can get the spectators card in or or two questions now--spooky but true !!

If you have three spectators think of a card, you'll have very few misses with the right presentation.
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
1095 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
Yep!
Devine more thoughts,and at the same time less misses...Gotta love it!
Magical Mr K
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Magical Mr K
Just got my Mind Power Deck. They are Bicycle and are the worst quality I have ever seen. The concept is great, the effect is top notch, but I cannot get them to fan or spread smoothly. I have tried fanning powder and the helped a little for one or two fans. The finish and edges are rough and bind. VERY DISSAPOINTED! Don't by the new Bicycle version.
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2100 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
I thought Bicycle stock is the greatest one as we can spread it well.
Magic comes through perception. -HS
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3558 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Could it possibly have been a cheap knock off?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Mind Power Deck by John Kennedy (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL