We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Conjunction - linking business card (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..9~10~11 [Next]
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Hi Quinn good luck on this one. It sounds very promising.

I liked the idea brought up here in this thread about printing something around one of the rings. I would write something long the lines:

Ask me to amaze you!! ----- This is impossible

It should go all the way around the card. Any more ideas? I like this idea of the writing.
Yours,

Ivan
Joshua Quinn
View Profile
Inner circle
with an outer triangle
2051 Posts

Profile of Joshua Quinn
Thanks Niva. The booklet contains a section dealing with various options for what can be on the card -- where the text can be placed, and what it might say. Of course I encourage everyone to come up with ideas of their own.
Every problem contains the seeds of its own solution. Unfortunately every problem also contains the seeds of an infinite number of non-solutions, so that first part really isn't super helpful.
Joshua Quinn
View Profile
Inner circle
with an outer triangle
2051 Posts

Profile of Joshua Quinn
In celebration of its release, I'd like to put on a little contest for a free copy of Conjunction. If you're interested, read on...

The video trailer contains an element of subliminal content; something I did purposely to make people think about it longer than they otherwise would (because that's the kind of dastardly, underhanded, evil marketing genius I am). The thing is, I didn't intend for it to be subliminal. Subtle, yes, but not subliminal. However, based on the fact that I expected people here to notice and mention it, and so far no one has; and even friends who I expected to spot it immediately didn't do so until I pointed it out to them, and said they never would have otherwise; based on all that, it would appear that this particular element is, in fact, below the immediate conscious radar. (Of course I'm deliberately ignoring the distinct possibility that everyone apart from my halfwit friends finds it perfectly obvious, but simply not clever enough to warrant comment...)

So here's the object: be the first one to correctly identify the subliminal content I'm talking about, and win a free copy of Conjunction. There is exactly one rule (unless I think up more later): DON'T email or PM me your guesses. Post them here in this thread. I'll be checking back frequently, and will shower the winner with effusive praise for their extreme mental acuity.

Ready... go!
Every problem contains the seeds of its own solution. Unfortunately every problem also contains the seeds of an infinite number of non-solutions, so that first part really isn't super helpful.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7020 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I'm not sure, but I think after the first couple of tears, the video rewinds and then starts over again from the first tear.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Joshua Quinn
View Profile
Inner circle
with an outer triangle
2051 Posts

Profile of Joshua Quinn
Sorry, but no. Thanks for playing.
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2085 Posts

Profile of gabelson
Your watch changes on your wrist.
Joshua Quinn
View Profile
Inner circle
with an outer triangle
2051 Posts

Profile of Joshua Quinn
Nope...
pablovaldes
View Profile
Loyal user
Mexico
206 Posts

Profile of pablovaldes
Ok, so I bellieve it is so subtle I would be probably guessing. I´ve seen a lot of times and this is what I think.

When you wrote :“That´s what they WANT you to think“ we don´t know who, and WANT in caps makes a suggestion. However, what I noticed the most, and I think it is in fact what you want us to spot, although I don´t understand, is at the end of the video, when your site is announced, the black background starts changing and looks like a bad signal thing. Like The Ring or something like that.

Was I even close?

Pablo
Wonderful things do happen
Magic is so relative, that we all think we know what it is
@pablovaldes
Stephen Thompson
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of Stephen Thompson
You randomly show your hands empty without cause?
Stephen Thompson
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Impossilbe is not what THEY want us to think - but rather what YOU want us to think
Feral Chorus
View Profile
Elite user
CA
472 Posts

Profile of Feral Chorus
Quinn,

You show the finished linked pieces upfront before going into any of the tearing.

-Feral
Joshua Quinn
View Profile
Inner circle
with an outer triangle
2051 Posts

Profile of Joshua Quinn
No one's got it yet...
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
Quinn,
I have been thinking about it, and the only thing that really comes to mind is a slight discrepancy. This is what I am wondering about . . . it seems the inner frame is almost the exact same size as the outer frame it is conjoined with. Of course; it should be quite a bit smaller (or am I crazy?) from being ripped out of its center.

We all know the CENTER of me should not be as large as the WHOLE of me. Does this have anything to do with it?

Anyhow as I've told you before; tremendous work! You know I'm getting this either way . . . cannot wait!

Peace,
Jerome.
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
Feral Chorus
View Profile
Elite user
CA
472 Posts

Profile of Feral Chorus
Quinn,

The finished linked pieces are opened/revealed and the writing appears exactly in the same position as when the untorn card is displayed. That could be subliminal but probably just insignificant.

-Feral
Stephen Thompson
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

There is an obvious cut in the video half way through the tearing process (as if you switched cards or something)
Joshua Quinn
View Profile
Inner circle
with an outer triangle
2051 Posts

Profile of Joshua Quinn
Still no correct guesses, although the things people are noticing is making for a fascinating study in and of itself. (For example, there is no edit in the tearing process; it's a single, continuous take from start to finish, I promise.) Keep at it...
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Is it just that you have very healthy nails? Or are you wearing pink nail polish...to perhaps subliminally send a message..."hey chicks will really enjoy me performing this?" Smile

Rich
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1447 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
Quinn, where in the USA are you shipping this from?
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17174 Posts

Profile of joseph
Shouldn't one of the rings have 4 ripped sides? I may be wrong, but it looks like each ring has a sharp side...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Joshua Quinn
View Profile
Inner circle
with an outer triangle
2051 Posts

Profile of Joshua Quinn
No one's got it yet. Rich, those are my natural healthy nails, thanks for noticing. MagicMan, I'm shipping from New Orleans.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Conjunction - linking business card (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..9~10~11 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL