We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Conjunction - linking business card (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11 [Next]
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
http://www.madhattermagicshop.com now have it in stock as well.
Yours,

Ivan
doormouse
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of doormouse
I just got one from Madhatter. I was very impressed with the quality of the product.
IlDaDe
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of IlDaDe
Quote:
On 2007-03-24 06:17, niva wrote:
http://www.madhattermagicshop.com now have it in stock as well.

Thanks! Im going to buy it next week..
PaulEds
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of PaulEds
Any updates on getting the 'right' card stock in the UK. I've been to all retail suppliers and no luck as of yet. Also, the websites mentioned above don't post to the UK (or if they do it's very expensive!!)

Another thumbs up for this EXCELLENT effect. After some practice, you will get it down - and it still is amazing to see the 'final moment' when the cards link! Thanks a lot Joshua - you are a genius!!!
Vraagaard
View Profile
Inner circle
Copenhagen, Denmark
1253 Posts

Profile of Vraagaard
Just one comment

Upside: This is darn brilliant thinking - I love it.

Downside: There is only a 2% chance that you can do it convincingly with your current business card and 2% chance you can do it with a borrowed Business card. I just checked all my friends business cards - and sorry to say none of them will work (and I have a lot of friends and working associations - haven't found 1 suitable business card yet). Now it doesn't require much to "create" a business card that works, and you can order them anywhere - but expect to change your business cards if you want to perform this. However you can most likely use your current business cards to practice with - but not to perform with.

I hate to say it but the advertisment for this effect led me to believe otherwise - that I could actually use plenty of business cards - and therin lies my dissapointment with this effect.

I personally will hange business cards soon, and when I do I will of course make sure that I can perform this wonderfull effect with the cards.
mindcontroller
View Profile
Regular user
Inside your Head!
172 Posts

Profile of mindcontroller
If anyone knows of a supplier in the UK for suitable card stock for this routine, please PM me.

Many Thanks in advance!

MC
magus
View Profile
Special user
Huntington Beach, Ca
668 Posts

Profile of magus
I made one up and gave it to Bill Goodwin at the Magic Castle library, he hung it up on a statue on the desk and tells me it has started quite a few conversations and attracted a fair amount of interest.
And it does work with most business cards, it's not perfect, but it's close.
You can get a better handout by getting the correct cardstock, but so far, I've had one person figure out how part of it was done, and she figured it out because she does crafts, not magic.
A few years ago, I did cardwarp for some people and one guy came up to me later, and said- you must do it THIS way and nail it, I told him that he was wrong Smile
crappy deium-

what a lousy day to be seized

thaumometer-

a device for measuring a magical field
THOR
View Profile
New user
No. California
69 Posts

Profile of THOR
Another quick review:

this is good! it's workable.
I can keep one of these in my wallet wherever I go.
It takes a lot of practice to get it down, though.
brainman
View Profile
Special user
886 Posts

Profile of brainman
ANY updates on a good paper available in Europe to do this GREAT effect???
PLEEEAAASEEE!
, )

I still haven`t found what I am tearing for...
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Quote:
On 2007-06-22 10:12, Vraagaard wrote:
Just one comment

Upside: This is darn brilliant thinking - I love it.

Downside: There is only a 2% chance that you can do it convincingly with your current business card and 2% chance you can do it with a borrowed Business card. I just checked all my friends business cards - and sorry to say none of them will work (and I have a lot of friends and working associations - haven't found 1 suitable business card yet). Now it doesn't require much to "create" a business card that works, and you can order them anywhere - but expect to change your business cards if you want to perform this. However you can most likely use your current business cards to practice with - but not to perform with.

I hate to say it but the advertisment for this effect led me to believe otherwise - that I could actually use plenty of business cards - and therin lies my dissapointment with this effect.

I personally will hange business cards soon, and when I do I will of course make sure that I can perform this wonderfull effect with the cards.

Same position here..
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
I was lucky. The card si have do the effect just fine. Just go to any pronta print in the uk and buy some standrd cards and your sorted
ipe
View Profile
Elite user
482 Posts

Profile of ipe
This is very good effect. Highly recommended!
What would a real mindreader do?
qkeli
View Profile
Special user
paris,france
700 Posts

Profile of qkeli
I have it and I'm willing to trade it or sale it if someone wants it.
restaurant3000
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of restaurant3000
This is my fist post.
I really like conjunction, and had a similar David Blaine levitation reaction when I heard of this effect. I called the dealer asking if this was really possible, who gave me a hint(he really shouldn't have). Still sceptical I bought something else.
Of course there are many similar hints on this thread.
A couple of years later, I decided to try to work it out myself, after I managed it, I then decided to buy the manuscript.
Frankly without Joshua, this effect would never have come about, and I can see that his techniques have been honed and tweaked for untold years.
Thank you Joshua for Conjuction.

Now the real reason, the motivation behind wanting to join this thread.

The challenge starts here!

I can do this, using the deceptive tears, in 1 minute and 15 seconds (self timed) starting with a crisp business card out of my hands.

I also know that I can beat that time because that time was taken about a week ago, and I've gone through about 300 cards since.

As soon as I get it down to 1 minute or under, I would like to post a youtube clip confirming this with witnesses.

Last word on this post. I have performed this at a paid Wedding to several guests who wrote the name of the newly weds.
At first, It does take fairly long. But if you work it, you'll soon find your own patter/presentational style.

Anyways, I want to know if I've got a good time, I'll check back and let you guys know if I've broken the 1 minute barrier.

Thanks again Mr Quinn!
Booyah!
restaurant3000
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Okay, this thread is getting a bit old, and no-body probably cares any more after reading the last 7 pages.
Last recorded time of completing conjunction: 53 seconds.

I'm going to start a new thread, under conjunction linking cards challenge.

Remember the rules are to start the timer with empty hands, using deceptive tears you should be left with 13 peices of separate debris(although 15 or 17 is most deceptive), the timer stops when hands are empty again. If the conjunction is examined and is not completely seperated then the attempt is void.

I'm definateley looking forward to beating the 53 second mark, as soon as I get myself another couple of thousand cards (you do tend to run out when your obsessivly tearing), and of course making sure I have official proof to back it up with.
Booyah!
MagicSteve84
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of MagicSteve84
Keep it up and then post a video on YouTube. I would love to see it.
Bob_Hummer
View Profile
Special user
837 Posts

Profile of Bob_Hummer
I finally learned this effect over the weekend. And just want to check if anyone knows of any good sources for the business cards? Any magicians from the UK managed to track down a good source yet?

Joe
restaurant3000
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Hello.
I've ran out of cards again. This effect is really nice for weddings, or any type of adult get together.
Silly of me really to try to start a magic record attempt claims on it really.
Thought I'd post back on the subject.
Been full time magician for the last severak months, what I mean to say is I got sacked from my last call centre job and am surviving the proceeds of doing magic shows.
Anyway, it's a really nice effect, not a challenge peice, but gives you a chance to chat away and get to know your audience.
Best place I've found cards is at my local print shop, that way you can ask for samples of their cards to try before you buy.
Conjunction rocks! Peace!
Booyah!
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3962 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I would like to get this effect, but I can't find it in stock anywhere. Would anyone like to sell theirs?
KJ
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3962 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
If you would like to sell, please PM me so I get notified. Thanks.
KJ.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Conjunction - linking business card (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL