The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Big A: Tweaked Out Shells & Pea Routine DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
magicstudent
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of magicstudent
Hi All,
Does anybody know anything about this DVD? Is it really good as advertized?
Can be bought from Hocus-Pocus, produced by Rare to Find Inc. The Ads says:

Tweaked Out Shells & Pea DVD, Volume 1

Finally someone has discovered something new and amazing that will change and revive the three shells & pea handling.

Using your favorite shells and this secret, you will be able to amaze the most experienced shells & pea handler in town. Big A has just discovered a new shells & pea handling that is going to revolutionize the magic world!!!

If you already do a shells & pea routine, you will be amazed of what you can do now using this secret. Easy to do, no need to reset and invisible to the rest of the world, the secret system will transform you into the best shells & pea handler around in less than one hour.

This amazing secret technique makes the pea disappear and re-appear under another shell without pushing the shells!!! Have the spectators do the trick themselves and you still end up with the pea. Using the secret, the shells & pea routine becomes magic for real!!!

Thanks,
Jeff
I'll Be Back!
-Schwarzenegger-
G2loQ
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of G2loQ
Hi Jeff,
one of my buddy stumble on big_A shells routine and got the dvd by luck. He got me on itand let me give you a secret, if you are into the shells and pea, this is the best thing you will ever buy. But keeo it for yourself cause I don't want everyone to start doing it. Anyway I got my from this site and they have 2 trailers to show. what you see in the trailer is what you can get and it WORKS in no time:) Hey don't take my words just check the trailers for yourself:

http://magictrick.limogeshingedbox.com/big_A.htm

G2LoQ
Keeping the magic going since 30 years
magicstudent
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of magicstudent
Thanks for the link G2LoG (Gitu Loch? ;-))
I'll check it out.

Jeff
I'll Be Back!
-Schwarzenegger-
samuelchong
View Profile
Loyal user
Penang
237 Posts

Profile of samuelchong
Can't really see what is he doing..
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
2001 Posts

Profile of iamslow
This idea has been floating around for a while... I think theres some other magicians allready released something similar... the demo video is crappy quality and he is still pushing the shell forward..
"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
G2loQ
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of G2loQ
Actually I have this DVD, and there are 2 moves called the deceptive steal and the deceptive put back that do not involove the shell moving forward or moving backward, they are just not on the traillers. http://magictrick.limogeshingedbox.com/big_A.htm
They have changed their trailers for bigger and better quality ones

By the way I was talking to Chef Anton on the phone this morning, and he really likes this DVD, actually he has a copy himself and though it was a very clever secret:) He liked so much he gave big_A a quote for his DVD and bought some for his School of Scoundrels shop:)

Also to remember is that big_A is a good friend of Black Fox, and that I know all those info because I met in AZ with them for a magic exchange time:) Very magical indeed:) And that those guys allways try to improve their magic arts:)

If you are interested, here is the list of the new moves never seen before (i know they are never seen because Chef Anton told me so:)

- Tweaked steal aka the golden finger tips

- Tweaked out put back

- Charlie's Grip

- Tweaked put back

- Deceptive steal: the move everyone wants to do: steal the pea without moving the Shell forward!!! Yes it is possible now:)

- Deceptive put back

- Dealer Hands (the master move)

and also a great version of the butterfly, the hook, the pass and all the basic moves like the fake:)

G2LoQ
Keeping it magic since 30 years
dgrand
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of dgrand
I'm always interested in new techniques regarding the pea and shell. I really like the School for Scoundrels work on it as well as Bob Sheets contributions. Anytime something new comes out on this effect, I am interested.

The only exposure to this DVD that I've had is viewing the two trailers on the website. The trailers show the performer doing an acquitment. To me, the acquitment looks terrible. It is too fast and very unnatural. He turns his hands over very quickly and in a large arc. There is also some unnatural finger movement. I couldn't see the pea but I sure knew something was happening.

Does anyone agree with my observation? I can't speak to the rest of the DVD but the trailer did not motivate me to purchase it.
G2loQ
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of G2loQ
Huum I know that's what I thought also, but a video and the real life is totally diff. the trailler is bad, it does not show any of the routine, lame:( but it is a concept DVD, and I do not know but for me if Chef Anton tells me it is extremely clever and he got one and bought some for his store, that was enough for me. I was not disapointed by the DVD it is much better than the trailer, but don't take my word for it, more magic for me, lol:)
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
That has to be the worst demo I've ever seen. You'd have to be really loaded to be fooled by that.
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of Tom G
I agree dgrand. Looked like a jet was being waved in...
walking_liberty
View Profile
Elite user
458 Posts

Profile of walking_liberty
I've been doing the shells for a long time and this has to be the worst move I've ever seen used for the game. I don't think this guy has ever heard of subtlety or ever actualy operated the game for real people. And I almost refuse to believe that Chef Anton, who's very knowledgeable about the game, would enjoy this DVD.
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
2001 Posts

Profile of iamslow
Isn't Chef Anton a pool player??
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
2001 Posts

Profile of iamslow
Quote:
On 2006-12-18 22:32, G2loQ wrote:
Huum I know that's what I thought also, but a video and the real life is totally diff. the trailler is bad, it does not show any of the routine, lame:( but it is a concept DVD, and I do not know but for me if Chef Anton tells me it is extremely clever and he got one and bought some for his store, that was enough for me. I was not disapointed by the DVD it is much better than the trailer, but don't take my word for it, more magic for me, lol:)

I think that's the lamest excuse... concept?? dude, like I said in my last post, the idea has been around for a long time....and using someone else's opinion to sell your product is lame.. if its that good, then a trailer of the 2 concept moves should look like the description..invisible..... if you are selling something that's supposed to fool the public, then puting a trailer demonstrating the move shouldn't make a difference...just my 2 cents about hype..
walking_liberty
View Profile
Elite user
458 Posts

Quote:
On 2006-12-22 03:14, iamslow wrote:
Isn't Chef Anton a pool player??

Yes. People tend to be knowledgable about more than one thing. Him being a pool player is neither here nor there when it comes to the shell game. He's also very good at the three-card monte and the endless chain.
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
2001 Posts

Profile of iamslow
Inever doubted his skills, I just knew him as a pool player and not a magician... or hustler at monte/shell/chain Smile
walking_liberty
View Profile
Elite user
458 Posts

Here's a review from the Scoundrel's Forum:

"I'ved been doing the shell game in the shop and blowing peoples minds with the game .
Well somebody had to have this new way of doing the game.. All I have to say is stay away... stay far away from this and save your money
If you are here that means you love the game... Most of the moves ,well I'm just going to say it . they are Retarted . You are not going to fool anybody.. If you are going to make a DVD showing moves please at least master them .

Folks I give this zero peas out of five

Please buy DVD's from people you know mastered the game .

Just my 2 cents"
walking_liberty
View Profile
Elite user
458 Posts

Quote:
On 2006-12-22 03:33, iamslow wrote:
Inever doubted his skills, I just knew him as a pool player and not a magician... or hustler at monte/shell/chain Smile

I didn't mean to come off harsh in my post. I think I took your post the wrong way. He's known for being a great pool player and trick shot shooter. But he is skilled in a lot of other areas as well.
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Iamslow couldn't agree with you post of 3:25... walking_liberty's quote from the Scoundrel's forum look to be in contrast to G2loQ's post saying Chef Anton gave
a quote and bought dvd's to sell....hmmmm......
billfromoregon
View Profile
Special user
608 Posts

Profile of billfromoregon
The trailer looks awful, I agree. I will have to wait till some other reviews come in before I will consider this. I am not saying the dvd is bad (could be, I don't know), only that what is shown on the trailer is awful - very obvious and unnatural. Anybody else have a review?
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Iamslow..opps I meant that I couldn't agree more...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Big A: Tweaked Out Shells & Pea Routine DVD (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL