The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » MY SPACE INFO (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

John Smetana
View Profile
???? - 2009
499 Posts

Profile of John Smetana
I would guess that you all know a lot about My Space..probably more than I do. I've heard a lot about it over the past year or so and have learned that are many people who are using it as a vehicle to market almost anything. I was thinking about using it also and have accumulated a lot of material regarding the process..E Books, notes, Videos, etc. Unfortunately,due to other projects on my plate, I haven't had time to go through all the stuff and get moving on this one,so the material is collecting dust on my hard drive. (There are ten PDF E books(some with resale rights and a website),some software and a video package in the file)

If you'd like to have it all for $10 it's yours. Nothing fancy, but I'll load it all onto a CD and ship it you postage paid anywhere in the US. Overseas would cost an extra $2.00. Just remember there's no cute packaging or anything like it..simply all the material I've gathered.So,if you interested Paypal me the $10 at DOCJAKSON@AOL.COM and say My Space in the payment order and I'll get the CD off to you. I will need your proper mailing address so make sure that's included with the info on Paypal.

I'm mentioning this here before I send any notices to my list, so let me know as soon as you can if you'd like to get your hands on this material.
(You'll need an Adobe Reader for the PDF files but almost every PC is loaded with that, a WinZip which you can download as a trial if you don't have it, and an RAR unzipper which I'll include with the package)

All the best,
John Smetana
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1273 Posts

Profile of Vinnie Laraway
John, what kind of material are on these PDFs?

Thanks
-Vinnie
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
There is a long process to putting yourself on my space? I'm pretty surprised. I would have thought it was as simple as filling your name and stuff in the blanks..but that goes to show what little I know about computer stuff.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
Yeah it's really easy...anyone can do it.

Brett.
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Just because you can does it follow that you should? It's a bit like marketing in Kindergarten me thinks.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
Nah Doug...Believe it or not, since my real website isn't finished yet I work off of MySpace only.

I get about 75% of my gigs from that site.

the other 25% comes from word of mouth or my rare street performances.

Brett.
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
???? - 2009
499 Posts

Profile of John Smetana
Quote:
On 2006-12-14 20:26, Doug Higley wrote:
Just because you can does it follow that you should? It's a bit like marketing in Kindergarten me thinks.

Doug, to be honest..a year or so ago I would have agreed with you. Then I found out the deomographics of the site and was surprised to see the number of people over 18 on there and many of them, from what I've learned, are using My Space as their main earning vehicle selling everything from their band, their CD's to books and software and everything in between. I haven't had the time to really look into the how to of it yet but I do think it's something worthwile to pursue.
Don't make the mistake of thinking this is simply a kids playground...I think you'd be missing a good bet.

all the best,
John
Jerrine
View Profile
Special user
Busking is work.
629 Posts

Profile of Jerrine
From the terms of service agreement:

Non-commercial Use by Members. The MySpace Services are for the personal use of Members only and may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by MySpace.com. Illegal and/or unauthorized use of the MySpace Services, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of Members by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email or unauthorized framing of or linking to the MySpace Website is prohibited. Commercial advertisements, affiliate links, and other forms of solicitation may be removed from Member profiles without notice and may result in termination of Membership privileges. Appropriate legal action will be taken for any illegal or unauthorized use of the MySpace Services.

I was curious what commercial endeavors are specifically endorsed or approved and could not find a list. Checked all FAQS, nothing. Attempted to contact C.S. and was unable to. Apparantly if it's not in the FAQS they don't want to discuss it, or the link to actual communication is down.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2758 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I think that probably gives them an out if it turns out someone is marketing body parts or children or something of that nature.
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
John Smetana
View Profile
???? - 2009
499 Posts

Profile of John Smetana
I think Mandrake is right on that count.

Also, the marketing is done differently than the normal Internet Marketing model.BTW,MySpace gets twice the amount of traffic that Google does...hard to believe but it's true.
Also,if you're into Internet Marketing this new phenom (not only MySpace but a myriad of other social networking and social bookmarking sites) is called Web 2.0

I'll be moving into that area as soon as my other projects come to a close..

all the best,
John
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3499 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
John!
Your "informational booklet" is in reality a long-winded advertisement and a marketing ploy to buy into your Hog program!

Shame on you. If you want to market something do so, but be upfront about it, don't cloak an almost worthless promotional tool as a "gift" to Magic Café brothers and sisters.

I absolutely hate and abhor this cheap style of marketing, that so many others are trying to convince magician's is a good way to expand their business.

I felt you were a gentleman of honor, and had something of value to offer, instead through your Magic Café post I've been duped into letting you send me what amounts to spam.

Thank you just the same! Please remove me permanently from all your mailing lists.

Magically,
Walt

Docjaksonsplace@aol.com wrote:
Hi Walt,

Many thanks for your interest in the MYSPACE book. Here's the link to the PDF file which you can save to your desktop to read at your leisure. Also, if you know anyone else who may be interested please pass the link along to them.
SPACE HOGS BOOK

All the best,
John
AKA Doc Jakson

PS- I've also compiled a CD with more than ten books, some videos and an audio file all related to MYSPACE. I'm planning to offer this for sale on E Bay in the very near future at S15.95..However, if you'd like a copy now you can have it for $12.95 and I'll pick up the postage costs.Just send the payment to PAYPAL (docjakson@aol.com) and be sure to include your mailing address and I'll put the CD in the mail.
John Smetana
View Profile
???? - 2009
499 Posts

Profile of John Smetana
Sorry you feel that way Walt...you seem to be an angry man..that's too bad. There's valuable info in the free book I offered and as I speak it's being sold on E Bay..not by me..mine was free..if you don't like it..that's your call..I still wish you,

all the best,
John
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » MY SPACE INFO (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL