The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The December 2006 entrée: R P Wilson » » The movie Shade » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

highlander
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of highlander
Hi Paul

You were involved in making the movie Shade. Was this film ever released in the uk ?

Thanks for making the dvd Royal Road its been a massive help.

james
R P Wilson
View Profile
V.I.P.
235 Posts

Profile of R P Wilson
It was released only as a rental DVD by Blockbuster. Shade got a terrible distribution deal because of shenanigans at RKO - it deserved better. If you call some local blockbusters they may have it for sale but it has no extras - I recommend getting it from Amazon.com in the US.

P
Jeff Corn
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1190 Posts

Profile of Jeff Corn
This movie never really got the credit it deserves considering the names in it and the script itself.
Yes, that is my real name. Yes, I am a real person. No, you probably won't agree with me.
R P Wilson
View Profile
V.I.P.
235 Posts

Profile of R P Wilson
Jeff - it got a raw deal. It was way better than Confidence and Poolhall Junkies and they got proper distribution and marketing. It's a long story as to why Shade got beaten up and I don't really want to discuss it any more. I learned a great deal by being involved with the post production battles. It's as tough or tougher than filming the movie.

P
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5472 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
It remains one of my favorites. The opening sequence, alone, is worth the price of admission. Ironically, I bought my copy from Blockbuster and I'm glad I did when I did 'cos it's getting harder and harder to find as a rental (even though I own it I still look for it on the shelves). This is the Vernon Chronicles vol. 2 of DVDs. ( Smile ) Get it while you can.
Dan Monroe
View Profile
Loyal user
Indiana
209 Posts

Profile of Dan Monroe
Got my copy out of a $5 dollar bin at Walmart. It was the only copy I could find in there. People looked at me kind of strange when I did my little celebration dance. LOL

Dan
The power is within us all...I'm just a little more full of it.
danmonroe.bravehost.com
Silly Walter the Polar Bear
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of Silly Walter the Polar Bear
Poolhall Junkies was a great film.
Dustin Baker
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1006 Posts

Profile of Dustin Baker
I saw it for the first time on TV.

When I first saw the scene where they're scamming Jamie Foxx, I jumped and said, "Hey that's R. Paul Wilson."

You guys found a great pick in Hal Holbrook. When I first saw him I thought it really was Dean Vernon, and that the movie was just older than I originally thought. It took me a while to relize that he was also the guy from several Disney pictures awhile back.

On another note, when will "Smokin' Aces" be out?
Think inside the box. . . it's less crowded.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The December 2006 entrée: R P Wilson » » The movie Shade » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL