The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The December 2006 entrée: R P Wilson » » To market or not a product? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

learachel
View Profile
Elite user
446 Posts

Profile of learachel
Hi Paul,

how you decide or not to marketed a effect?and "WHY"!! Is there effect which you will never market ,that you keep secret, and that you do not show that has certain "moment"!
Thank you
Simon.
R P Wilson
View Profile
V.I.P.
235 Posts

Profile of R P Wilson
The tricks I choose not to market are the ones that are very personal and really designed to suit me. A couple of ideas I have are strong and I want to keep them for myself - the Predator was one such thing for a couple of years.

Sometimes I need to market to protect the idea.

If you develop something that becomes a sigature item, it's often better to keep it for yourself, so yourr act remains personal and distinctive.

I try to never come up with ideas that will simply "sell". sometimes I have ideas that others will find more valuable to their act than for mine - it just doesn't fit as well. There are several examples of this in my books and forthcoming DVDs - these are good, strong tricks that I have used but others might add to their working repertoire.

A card trick I plan to market next year is called ConCam Monte. It's been in my magic bag in various forms for almost twenty years. I'm now ready to share it - I've had the excusive for long enough, plus a couple of guys keep bugging me about it!

I just got a new three fly put together with Joe Porper - this is a great idea that I think we should put out right away becuase it's certain to be ripped off if we don't. Otherwise I might have put it away for a long time....

P
Iain Moran
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
693 Posts

Profile of Iain Moran
Hi Paul,

Three Fly has been one of your signature effects for years, can you tell us about your new version?

Iain.
R P Wilson
View Profile
V.I.P.
235 Posts

Profile of R P Wilson
It's very gaffed and based on something I invented many years ago. It's been in my personal notes for a long time and I finally found a way to do it that works for me. Don't want to say too much more until the final prototypes are in and it's ready for release.

P
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The December 2006 entrée: R P Wilson » » To market or not a product? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL