The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » What is your: impulse purchase point price? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12587 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2006-12-23 04:43, Nicodemus wrote:
$20, but it has to be real good. $10 for those more impulsive buys.

How do you know that it's "real good" ?

John
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
mikeypresto
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of mikeypresto
1.99 gets me all of the time
Magically,

Mikey
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4290 Posts

Profile of Daegs
<$10
Robert-o
View Profile
New user
Sunny Glendale, Arizona
39 Posts

Profile of Robert-o
Well I paid 20 bucks for a quarter...so what does that tell ya.Smile
"Hey... How'd you do that?".
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2097 Posts

Profile of yachanin
I'd pay $4.95 for an instant download on an impulse (provided the effect sounds like something I might use). Otherwise, I give my purchases more thought.

Regards, Steve
chmara
View Profile
Inner circle
Tucson, AZ
1909 Posts

Profile of chmara
My "impulse" threshhold dropped dramatically when I hit Social Security. As a pro - performing regularly my impulse limit was about $100 -- now it is about $35.

I will buy a PDF book of up to 100 pages for $10 - $15 if author is not known to me, up to $35 if the work or author is known. I wait for a collected volume price when more than one "book" is concerned --

For full routines I would still pay hundreds of $$$ if I was able to take them out immediately....

My library of hardbounds and collected works has items from a few bucks -- to $500 a volume and several thudand for a collection. For instance - I have the complete original run of Magick and inserts and would need to receive at leat $1000 to part with it -- if I was of a mind to sell.
Gregg (C. H. Mara) Chmara

Commercial Operations, LLC

Tucson, AZ

C. H. Mara Illusion & Psychic Entertainments
Jerrine
View Profile
Special user
Busking is work.
629 Posts

Profile of Jerrine
$5
Maestro
View Profile
Special user
823 Posts

Profile of Maestro
I'm actually more likely to buys something in the 10-20 dollar price range rather than the less than $10 price range... It's probably bad, I know, but I tend to assume something under 10 bucks is probably not worth my time. I'm sure there are many exceptions, it's just something interesting I noticed.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12587 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2007-01-02 09:34, Robert-o wrote:
Well I paid 20 bucks for a quarter...so what does that tell ya.Smile

...uhhh, you're twenty bucks lite?

John
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
oombob
View Profile
Special user
Canada
717 Posts

Profile of oombob
$7.42 CA
paladin1
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of paladin1
$20.0, and that's about my cut off for my ebay purchases too.
jimbowmanjr
View Profile
Veteran user
Inside the Bottle
320 Posts

Profile of jimbowmanjr
Depends on who is the author/creator/publisher in all honesty...

50.00 for someone I know puts out a quality effect assuming it 'seems' like something I would use.

Probably 10.00 or less for a complete unknown.

I have cut back dramatically on the whole impulse buying thing. I waited two weeks to make my latest purchase 52-on-1 Card Miracle by Dick Barry. I watched the demo video repeatedly and pictured myself doing his act with my own touches and felt it was a good fit.

Besides impulse buying annoys the wife...and annoying the wife is not conducive towards progressing in magic for me.

--Jim
magicnutuk
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of magicnutuk
I am of a similar opinion to jim. My most recent impulse PDF was Maximum Involvment and was the best $20 I have spent in a long time. The authors reputation goes a long way. My biggiest impulse purchase was pre ordering The Relic ($100) and the missus HIT THE ROOF. Ah Well.
Regards
Philosophry
View Profile
Veteran user
321 Posts

Profile of Philosophry
Regular books of Amazon I won't hesitate much on anything under £25/$50 if it looks interesting. Hard copy magic books, £25/$50. For a magic prop that looks interesting, £35/$70. Ebooks, if it was a single effect I'll take a risk at anything below £10/$20. If it is a more substantial book, I'll double that and go £20/$40. The last ebook I bought was £17.50 ($35.00).
Adam Paul
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of Adam Paul
Whoever put it out, if it was around £10 ($20) I'd probably go for it. Much higher than that, I'd think again!
churken
View Profile
Regular user
California
199 Posts

Profile of churken
I hesitate to buy items under $10.00. So, for me, $10 - $20 is my impulse buy range. If it is something that I am really interested in, I will go higher, but that is not really an impulse buy.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
$20 for PDF notes. $10-15 for single routine downloads. Over that and I have to think a bit before buying. Below $10 and it usually turns out that it's not worth the effort. In other words, you get what you pay for.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » What is your: impulse purchase point price? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL