The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » 2 bottomvideos, which is better and why? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
MagicKim
View Profile
Special user
Åland, Finland
621 Posts

Profile of MagicKim
Hi, I recently posted a video of the bottom deal I am currently practising but after talking to some of you I realized that there is another method besides this that are good for removing the fingerflash. So.. I spoke to doc and he told me to keep the fingers like if you are dealing from only half a deck. I have NOT practised this I just want to see what you guys think is better (keep in mind, I will have to practise) after seeing both videos and why.
I really appreciate it.

Bottom nr 1.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeBc6WN-yCc

Bottom nr 2.

ps. What I am focusing on is the fingerflash. Using straight fingers from the beginning and some practise you will end up having no fingerflash at all but as I said straight fingers which is not the most common of grips. But if holding the fingers as holding half a deck (and with a lot of practise) you will get a nice grip with minimal fingerflash.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko681KZOQ58

Happy holidays to everyone.

Kim
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
The second one looked better to me Kim.

Can you do a clip of you just dealing on the square.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
MagicKim
View Profile
Special user
Åland, Finland
621 Posts

Profile of MagicKim
Ok. give me 10 minutes.

Kim

Why did it look better?
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Well it seemed to me to have less finger drop. I will look again latter. The reason I ask for a look at the square deal is because I think that is the best way judge anything like this. You personally might deal cards more like the first one, then I might think it is better for you to do it that way.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
MagicKim
View Profile
Special user
Åland, Finland
621 Posts

Profile of MagicKim
Well either way, I will try to get my real deal to look like the fake one, not the other way around as that is impossible. I think I heard that from Simon Lovell a when I was starting out. That is why I want to have a natural looking grip etc and then practise dealing the same way when dealing on the square. The video is still processing on youtube.
daniel1113
View Profile
Veteran user
335 Posts

Profile of daniel1113
Kim,

I love the second version with the fingers slightly bent around the side of the deck, as I think it looks like a very natural grip and the finger flash is minimal. Also, in the second video, you seem to be more relaxed while taking the bottom card and placing it on the table. The slight tilt looks natural rather than a contrived cover.
Daniel M. Carrico
MagicKim
View Profile
Special user
Åland, Finland
621 Posts

Profile of MagicKim
Okey. Sounds good. I just tried it out 5 minutes before making the video just so that I know for sure that this is what doc and all the other guys meant. I will be practising really hard and then post a new video of it. I will post a new video on a table pass as well as false shuffles (and doing real shuffles after each false so that you can compare). I hope you are not getting tired of me and my videos. I really appreciate all the help.

Kim
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
The idea is to make things look natural. “Natural” is the way “you” do things on the square. Things will never be perfect because the mechanics are not the same but they will never even feel natural to you do then Lovell’s way around. However what ever works best for you.

Tommy
MagicKim
View Profile
Special user
Åland, Finland
621 Posts

Profile of MagicKim
Anyway, here is the link to the square deal:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7rt5L5Rlbc

Tommy. I think if you practise a move enough then it feels natural. To make a false deal look as much as a real as possible, you have to make sure that the method you use for false dealing looks like a deal an average joe would use. Then when you know that deal well enough start doing every other false and every other real when dealing to make the real deal look like the fake one. If I tried to get my bottom to look like my real deal, then I would be in trouble as I cannot penetrate my fingers with the bottom card. Do you get my idea?

Kim
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
I think second version looked more like your square deal.
The very last card you dealt, you seemed lose a little concentration and drop the fingers just fraction more. When learning I think it is important to make a real conscious effort to keep the fingers up. The natural urge or instinct is to drop them. It’s just mind over matter, you just have to overcome it with will and practice. Its coming along great though. When you get fed of practising, that’s the time to push yourself to do it more and get it real good. Once you have got it good, you wont go backwards you will have it and know it.

Go on Kim! Smile

Tommy
MagicKim
View Profile
Special user
Åland, Finland
621 Posts

Profile of MagicKim
I didn't lose concentration tommy, I just can't do the move properly after about 5 minutes of practising Smile that's all. I should be able to do it really well in a couple of months. Next time I post a video of the bottom it will be practised and it will be great video quality. Will post a couple of the false shuffles I do and some other stuff though.

Kim
Unknown419
View Profile
Inner circle
1321 Posts

Profile of Unknown419
Kim I agree with the rest of them. The 2nd to me looks to be the best. All I would like to add is to angle or swing inward slightly because you're not trying to convince magicians while you're playing and since no one is perfect you will one day get a hanger and the inward movement will help clear the card as you sail it across to another player.

News Flash

I just cold decked two guys tonight in a Texas Hold'em game and boy did they bet their chump change. They smurked and laughed at me as they both turned over their Aces over Kings full house. They started dividing the pots and I said I thought that we were playing poker here? They said we are. I said then don't 4 10's beat a full house?

The house counted out my $600 and cut 60. I lost some of it back because the sucker got lucky while playing Tonk and quit.

I'll get the rest of his money tomorrow.

Doc
walking_liberty
View Profile
Elite user
458 Posts

Profile of walking_liberty
Quote:
News Flash

I just cold decked two guys tonight in a Texas Hold'em game and boy did they bet their chump change. They smurked and laughed at me as they both turned over their Aces over Kings full house. They started dividing the pots and I said I thought that we were playing poker here? They said we are. I said then don't 4 10's beat a full house?

The house counted out my $600 and cut 60. I lost some of it back because the sucker got lucky while playing Tonk and quit.

I'll get the rest of his money tomorrow.

Doc

Now that's the **** we were talking about Doc. That's the only way to play hold 'em. I haven't played at all in the past month, but the dice games have been good to me while I've been down south.
Pavloter
View Profile
Special user
529 Posts

Profile of Pavloter
Like every one said 2nd video is bit better. But yea both videos are pretty good.
Pavlo
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Doc

As you know I run a house game in England. I charge a session per seat per hour. Years back when I ran games we took a cut from each pot, maybe 5% but that was long ago.
I have not of heard this system that you mention ie "The house counted out my $600 and cut 60." can you tell me or can someone tell me how that works.

Thanks.

Tommy
memph33777
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of memph33777
O liberty is that where all the marks are in the south? lol
Unknown419
View Profile
Inner circle
1321 Posts

Profile of Unknown419
Tommy 5% is hardly ever heard of amongst the blacks. We cut 10% out of every pot. If the post is $16 they cut two dollars up to $25. $26 you cut $3.

In a Tonk game with 4 people who are playing for $20 a piece $80 total, they cut $20 every 2nd deal or when ever the red deck is dealt. Clarifying...If you win while the red deck is played you win $60 - $40 + your $20. If you win while playing with the blue deck you win the whole $80.

In some games they cut $20 out of every pot no matter how much the person wins but that's rare.

Respectfully,

Doc

P.S. I got $2,000 of that spade money back tonight, I'm still trying to get the rest of it before Santa Clause find out I've been bad this year.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Doc

We stopped cutting 5% because it took too much money out of the games.
I was earning more money back then 30 years ago than I do now and I charge £8 per seat per hour now that's about $16 x 8 seats = $128 per hour.

If I were you I would rent a place and start your own game. At 10% your taking an avarage pot every ten pots. It's illeagal of course. I don't what it's like but over here no one cares it's only fine if you get busted I have never been busted. So long as your discreet and run a quite game.

Anyway Merry Christmas.

Later

Tommy
walking_liberty
View Profile
Elite user
458 Posts

Profile of walking_liberty
Quote:
On 2006-12-20 01:01, memph33777 wrote:
O liberty is that where all the marks are in the south? lol

Haha...Maybe not all of 'em, but a lot more than I'm used to seeing up north. I can't speak for your neck of the woods though. I was in ATL for a minute, but now it's Miami (my home town).
memph33777
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of memph33777
Now I know where to find the tricks at. So is the north slicker than the south? And what game do you play libery?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » 2 bottomvideos, which is better and why? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL