The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Automated Magician (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
mk
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of mk
Does anyone have any first hand experience with David Farr's autoresponder system that books shows from your website?
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2024 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
I don't have it but I can tell you David Farr does very well and knows his stuff.
So, if he uses his own system (he does) then that must speak for it pretty well.

He's a busy magician so it's worth a look.
nucinud
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1298 Posts

Profile of nucinud
From what I have read the autoresponder captures email addresses with out the person who is looking at your web site knowing about it.
I for one would not do business like that.
"We are what we pretend to be" Kurt Vonnegut, jr.

Now U C It Now U Don't

Harry Mandel

www.mandelmagic.com
TheDean
View Profile
Inner circle
Reno, Nevada
2164 Posts

Profile of TheDean
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it does NOT do that, nor does David advocate such a thing. Nor would any SMART professional do or suggest such a thing. I fairly sure

I don’t have "DAVID'S" system, (I have a system by someone else.) though I have never hear anything but glowing comments from everyone who has and uses it.

If there is a "test drive" or a money back guarantee’s... just give it a whirl and see what YOU think regardless of what any of us have to say. (YES, ASKING for insight IS a good start!) No matter what though, the best (Really the ONLY effective) way to see if it is right for YOU or not.

My .02 cents worth.

I am at your service and In HIS Service,
Deano
<><
Dean Hankey, *M.D. - The Dean of Success Solutions!
Serving & Supporting YOU and Your Success!
"Book More Shows... Make More Money... SERVE MORE PEOPLE! - Not Necessarily In That Order…"

(*Marketing Doctor) Smile
threecardmonte
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of threecardmonte
Nucinud, it's not like that.

When somebody requests info from your site, it sends them an email sales letter, describing your services, fees, etc. If they decide to book, they click on a link and fill out a form. It includes any info you may need before you decide to book the show. While the client is receiving their info, you get an email saying "so in so" requested info. If they decide to book you, you get an email with their info, and you pretty much click yes or no, whether or not you want the show. This is a very brief version of what it does. David Farr had some video samples of what the program does on his site. I can't find them now but if you have any questions I am sure he will answer them for you.

Tim
jamesbond
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of jamesbond
Hi there,

I have it, unfortunately the problem is that you better be ready to spend some serious time setting this up, especially if you are a non computer guy like me. It really frustrated the heck out of me. David is a super nice guy and does provide you with videos showing you how to do it, but still get ready to invest MAJOR chunk of time. (do not forget David is a computer wiz so for him it is easy, but for regular joe smoe - not sure.) But my biggest beef was that when I was testing it to see how it works after I set up a testing pool of clients the server that this whole thing is set up on http://www.1shoppingcart.com sent me a message that due to high volume of mail going out (tons of other internet marketers use this service) my messages will take longer to deliver than usual. It took them 7 (!!!) hours to send my e-mail. You gotta be kidding me I thought. 7 hours for e-mail??? What if I need to deliver some time sensitive message to my clients??? Well, tough luck... that really made me mad! I know it's not David's fault but still it's not that easy as it seems. Oh by the way did I mention that you have to pay a monthly fee for this service too? (In addition to shelling out $200 for his course) I think it was like $50 per month or something pretty close to it (can't remember exactly it's been like 2 years now) and you own NOTHING, you stop paying and all your time you invested in learning to run this system is gone - it's over baby, take your list and try your luck elsewhere. What I did finally is that I am using some of David's ideas from the course (I do like his course don't get me wrong) via my own database program but that's about that. Hope this helps.

Bond... James Bond
nucinud
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1298 Posts

Profile of nucinud
Thanks Tim.
I stand corrected. I was misinformed.
"We are what we pretend to be" Kurt Vonnegut, jr.

Now U C It Now U Don't

Harry Mandel

www.mandelmagic.com
Natural Mystic
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta, GA
509 Posts

Profile of Natural Mystic
Jamesbond,

Can David Farr's system be used without using the 1shoppingcart.com autoresponder system?
"You never change the existing reality by
fighting it. Instead, create a new model that
makes the old one obsolete."
-- R. Buckminster Fuller
jamesbond
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of jamesbond
Some of it could, however the automatisation of this whole process lies within the autoresponders and follow up e-mails to clients set up on that server. One thing that he is using and I found helpful without the system is the use of virtual secretary - person answering your phone (not a phone answering service) she actually sells clients on the phone (script) -that was a very good idea.

You better be ready to invest in 1shoppingcart otherwise it will not serve you to the fullest potential of the course and you need to decide whether it's worth that monthly fee on top of the price of the course. Just my 2cents...

BOND
Fast Eddie P.
View Profile
Veteran user
Maryland
323 Posts

Profile of Fast Eddie P.
Rather than start a new topic with the same question I thought I'd just revive this one. Does anybody else have any feedback on this "system"?

Thanks,

Eddie
ChristopherCool
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of ChristopherCool
I invested in David's system about 1 1/2 years ago. I am still using it today. David sets you up with a basic working system. You can use it as is, to make your life easier. (Send out info packages, follow-up's and email confirmations), do what I did and spend a few months really learning the system and customizing it for my own business. David was really great being patient with me and coaching me through emails and phone calls to help me learn. He included online videos and has a member's only section with great tools. I have used other marketing ideas from other programs an applied them to the Amazing System.

To sum it up... I am very pleased and continue to use the system with great results. How amazing it is, is really up to you and how much time you want to invest in updating it to suit your own needs.

The monthly fee is $29.99 and yes I do believe that David gets a small commission. He deserves it though, because it's a great product.

If you have any more questions, just ask..

Christopher Cool
Winnipeg, MB Canada
Fast Eddie P.
View Profile
Veteran user
Maryland
323 Posts

Profile of Fast Eddie P.
Thanks for the good review Christopher!
ChristopherCool
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of ChristopherCool
Your welcome! I'm new here and thought I should start contributing. Smile
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1944 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
I have it, and IMHO any pro would be foolish not to use it. IF you know HTML it is not hard to set up, and I don't see how it could not help anyone save time while making more money. Yes, you need to personalize it, which takes some time, but Dave has done all the heavy lifting. This system, once you understand it is mind-blowing.

It is difficult to explain, but it is auto responders on steroids. You can use a little of it with regular auto responders, but why? Yes it costs $30/mo, but it is a very well spent $30 IF YOU ARE SERIOUS about your business. If magic is just a hobby for you, then this is not for you. This is the best investment in my business I have EVER made in 20 years of pro magic.

On a side note, I know some guys do not use this to its potential, but even then, it is worth the investment.

I'll be happy to answer any PMs, but I won't be watching this thread.
jackturk
View Profile
Elite user
463 Posts

Profile of jackturk
I've personally used his system for years.

Dave is a great guy and the system is indeed incredibly well thought through. It does require some work and some tech know-how... however, the degree to which he's thought through this system... and the way it lets you systematize your business...
is incredibly valuable.

Learning to think about your business in a systematic way is in itself a huge benefit
of Dave's system.

--Jack
"59 Ways To Recession Proof Your Entertainment Business -- FREE!"
http://www.GetLeadsLikeCrazy.com

"How To Make $25,000 a Year Doing Birthday Parties Part-Time"
http://www.magicmarketingcenter.com/birthdayPT
Brian Lehr
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Canada
1605 Posts

Profile of Brian Lehr
Is the $30 per month for Dave's ongoing coaching and info, or is it for the autoresponder? I currently use aWeber for other online ventures, so I was wondering if I was already covered in this area, or if I needed an extra $30 per month for something else.

Brian
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2393 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
I think I can answer Brian's question, then I have an additional question.

The $30 per month is for the auto responder system that Dave recommends which is 1shoppingcart.com. I believe you can use his system with other systems such as aWeber and GetResponse.

What I would like to know is, for the $30 a month, can I also use it as an online client data base. In other words, can I get rid of icontact & my current client data base?
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1850 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
Are there any free autoresponders? Can you automate the process yourself within the html code?
ScottRSullivan
View Profile
Special user
874 Posts

Profile of ScottRSullivan
Christopher,

For what it's worth, I use Mailchip for my lists. What I like is that it's all online, so I can setup things from anywhere I can get online.

It's VERY easy to setup both email newsletters, autoresponders, etc. Plus it saves your settings and allows you to go back and track, tweak, compare results (which can tie in with google analytics easily).

I have an online form on my sites that ties into their system. It has mailing lists, autoresponders, analytics for sent emails and click through rates.

You get something like 3,000 emails sent for free before you start getting charged a small, based on database size. It's very reasonable and the 3,000 free sends allow you to pound on the system pretty well before deciding if it's for you.

Plus it is SPAM-CAN compliant.
MrHyde
View Profile
Special user
810 Posts

Profile of MrHyde
Another alternative if the learning curve on Dave's system is too steep
OR you have your own ideas about what you would like, but neither the time
or skills to implement them is to outsource.

Get someone else to do the tricky stuff!

I love learning new programs and slaving away with tech stuff
but have learnt over the last few years to outsource as much as possible.
It's a LOT cheaper than you think.

If you've got a bit of time up your sleeve in the next week
check out this resource http://tinyurl.com/yhdvdcp
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Automated Magician (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL