The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Whats the name of these forces? thanks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BryanKelly
View Profile
Regular user
191 Posts

Profile of BryanKelly
I would love to know what these gimmicked forces are called...

Force 1

You have a spectator look at a card as you riffle really fast through the deck on the short end. I'm talking about the one where you can spread through the deck after words and show that the card is gone. I know the method... I would just like to know the name...

Force 2

And the other one, I know the principle but I'm not positive of the exact method, so I would like to read more a bout it... You spread the cards across the table and you pressure the spectator to choose a card quickly. And then you quickly close the fan again... With this one too you can also fan the cards from the other side and the card is now missing....

Thanks guys in advance...
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
What you seem to be asking is not only the name of the forces but also a method for stealing the forced card.

Force 1: Vernon uses this in a routine called "Riffled Thought" from 'More Inner Secrets of Card Magic'. It's not named and not gimmicked but there are ways it can be.

Force 2: By your description, which I don't fully understand (sorry), this could be a couple of things. I'll leave this one to other members.
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1649 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
Both of these forces can be done in different ways, gimmicked and non-gimmicked. However, since you asked for gimmicked sources...

Force 1 - Hideo Kato may be able to give a little bit more info than I can. I'm fairly certain I remember reading a post of his in Secret Sessions about this force. It's gone by a few different names, but the one I can remember was written in The Phoenix. It was called the "Peek Deck".

Force 2 - John Kennedy's "Mind Power Deck" is similar to this, although I don't know if the thought-of cards vanish. You'll have to contact him. http://www.johnkennedymagic.com
I do know that Derren Brown describes ways to do this, gimmicked and non, in his book, Pure Effect.

BTW - I remind people to use caution in what they say here, as this is in the "open" part of the forum. Smile
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
ToasterofDoom
View Profile
Special user
671 Posts

Profile of ToasterofDoom
Force 2: Is it a fan or is it a spread? The spread, I agree, could be the Mind Force deck or the Table Spread Force. However, if it is a fan, it could simply be the fan force from Expert Card Techniques (Hugard and Braue), p.187.
Pavloter
View Profile
Special user
529 Posts

Profile of Pavloter
If it is spread it's possible to be classic force
Pavlo
BryanKelly
View Profile
Regular user
191 Posts

Profile of BryanKelly
Quote:
BTW - I remind people to use caution in what they say here, as this is in the "open" part of the forum. Smile

Yeah, I think this topic would be better on a closed forum but I still have 10 (make that 9) posts to get to my 50 Smile

But thanks guys for your help...i'm gonna have to check the sources out...
ToasterofDoom
View Profile
Special user
671 Posts

Profile of ToasterofDoom
I doubt we'll give more than names, but fair warning nevertheless
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1649 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
I went back and reread the articles in The Phoenix and, while the gimmick in question is used, "Peek Deck" is a separate effect. My apologies for any confusion.

As for the "Mind Power Deck", I don't have one so I can't come up with a method to vanish the card. However, Derren Brown, in his book "Pure Effect", gives the method to his effect, "Smoke", in which a smoked cigarette transforms into a thought-of card that vanished from the deck. This effect utilizes the 2nd gimmick in question, and he says after giving instructions of making a deck, "A gimmicked deck is now available that will do this job very well with a little alteration: namely the Mind-Power Deck by John Kennedy." I guess the "little alteration" is how to vanish the card! haha
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2914 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
The card vanish using the Kennedy/Conover deck is a built in bonus due to the nature and construction of the deck. No additional work. : )

All the best,

Kranzo
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Whats the name of these forces? thanks (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL