The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Rocky Balboa (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
cgscpa
View Profile
Elite user
Ashton, MD
447 Posts

Profile of cgscpa
Time for me to admit it: I took off early yesterday and took my daughter to go see the latest (and last) installment of Rocky . While waiting for the movie to start I realized I was my daughter's age when I saw the first Rocky 30 years ago with my dad.

If you liked the original Rocky you will enjoy this one.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4322 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
I got a free ticket for Rocky Balboa for buying the rocky special edition dvd at walmart 2 nights ago. I can't wait to see it, I'm waiting for my bro to have time off Smile
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
I gotta admit, I was a bit dissappointed. I didn't feel like they made you dislike his opponent enough. I was really looking forward to this coming out, but was a bit let down by the content...

Lyndel
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
The Rocky Balboa statue is the only movie prop displayed at the Philadelphia Museum of art.
Al Angello
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Was the statue ever actually in the front where he ran up the steps? Because Paulie mentions them taking down the statue in the movie...

Lyndel
BrianMillerMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
CT
2050 Posts

Profile of BrianMillerMagic
I thought Rocky Balboa was an entertaining conclusion to the Rocky series. It won't win any awards, it was very cheesy, and it contained about every movie cliche available, but it was still Rocky and that's all that mattered. The fight was shot really well, and Stalone was in great shape. All around I really enjoyed it!
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Lyndel
The statue became a political football. First the museum did not want a movie prop on their property, so they put it at the entrance to the Spectrum. Then after a while the Museum saw the potential tourist revenu, so they put it on the top of their steps of the art museum, which was visible all the way down the Park Way. It is now at the bottom of the steps, on the street level, but with this new movie who knows maybe the Roccy Balboa statue will make it inside of the art museum next year.
Al Angello
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Dull. Lackluster. Perfunctory. Pedestrian. Mundane. Slapdash.

Thursday, phone rings: "Sly can I get a script on this by Saturday?"

"Sure. Why not. I'll throw one together."

"By the way...Burt Young doesn't like his old character."

"Yeah? I'll let him make up a new one up when we shoot."

"Saturday huh?

"Yeah Saturday. What? You want good, it'll take till Monday."

"Saturday's good."
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4322 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
I loved Rocky Balboa! I got to watch it last night and I'm a big fan of the Rocky series. Lil' ashamed of Rocky 5 but Sylvester Stallone knows himself that it wasn't that good. But Rocky gave me the good old feel of Rocky 1 and the fight was awesome! I laughed a lot. I was surprised to see Spider Rico in the movie ( guy rocky first fought in Rocky 1) he's so old now! This was a good conclusion to the Rocky series. Rocky Balboa is now one of my most fav movies of all time Smile Some people who haven't been fans of the Rocky Series may say opposite.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4322 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Oh and one thing, I loved watching Mike Tyson look like even more of an idiot. I laughed so hard when his last words in the movie were "Yo Yo you have dat midget right there!" For those who haven't watched it yet, when you do listen to Mike Tyson
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
"Some people who haven't been fans of the Rocky Series may say opposite."

The Rocky Poster has hung in this house for 11 years without replacement. I have Rocky on 16mm film...VHS tape and dvd...fan of all of them...I said opposite. Glad you liked it.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Huge Rocky fan - although I don't have a poster hanging in my house like my esteemed colleague, Doug. But I love The whole Rocky concept... Didn't care for this latest installment though.

If it hadn't been for the flashback clips from the previous Rocky movies, this one would have only had a run time of about an hour.

Lyndel
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1365 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Havent seen it but my twin brothr(movie buff) tells me its getting great reviews.After reading this thread,it seems like its getting mixed bag of results even with hardcore Rocky Fans Smile
cgscpa
View Profile
Elite user
Ashton, MD
447 Posts

Profile of cgscpa
Here's a collection of reviews here: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/rocky_balboa/

Overall, I liked it and glad the series will end with this rather than that mess called Rocky V . I thought the fight scene was the most realistic of all the Rocky movies.

Grobbelaar - my twin brother went to see it tonight. He's a hardcore Sylvester Stalone fan so I'm anxious to hear what he says.
Bairefoot
View Profile
Inner circle
1091 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
The movie was great. If you are a true Rocky fan you had about 9 times in the movie when you felt that Rocky magic. Some people don't understand how real entertainment goes you have to make people feel something good inside and that's what the Rocky series is all about. Making you feel like you can do anything. Go see the movie if you like the other Rockies.

Michael Bairefoot
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1365 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Cgsycpa- funny my twin bro big Stalone fan too..he loves Copland!What did ya bro think of the movie?
mikeypresto
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of mikeypresto
Did they ever say what happened to adrienne
Magically,

Mikey
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4322 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
If you watched the movie then you would know what happened to her. If you already saw it and you are meaning how did it happened, I don't think they said how
cgscpa
View Profile
Elite user
Ashton, MD
447 Posts

Profile of cgscpa
Quote:
On 2006-12-30 22:31, Grobbelaar wrote:
Cgsycpa- funny my twin bro big Stalone fan too..he loves Copland!What did ya bro think of the movie?

He loved it. He's seen every Stalone movie made and Copland is one of his favorites too. He has a Rocky statue and it's one of his most prized possession!
cgscpa
View Profile
Elite user
Ashton, MD
447 Posts

Profile of cgscpa
Quote:
On 2006-12-31 02:32, Blindside785 wrote:
If you watched the movie then you would know what happened to her. If you already saw it and you are meaning how did it happened, I don't think they said how

They do explain it in the movie but it's easy to miss. BTW, on the Rotten Tomatoes web site there is a reprint of an article where she explains why her character was not in Rocky Balboa . The article also states that she and Sylvester Stallone are great friends.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/p/talia_shire/news.php
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Rocky Balboa (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL