The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » I have a claw for a hand.... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
John Clarkson
View Profile
Special user
Santa Barbara, CA
749 Posts

Profile of John Clarkson
Quote:
On 2003-01-06 05:55, Josh wrote:
You guys also might be a bit too quick to sterotype an entire generation as being one that is not accustomed to working for anything. The practice does not bother me, I actually can't get enough of it. Smile

Nope, Josh, not too quick.

1) No one applied that generalization to you specifically.

2) No one said your generation was not used to working for anything, but, there is lots of research about the effects of TV, microwave ovens, etc. on attention span, perception of passage of time, and the tolerance for delay in gratification. And, the research has been done across generations. The caveat, as always, is that one cannot conclude anything about a specific individual based on data about a group.

3) "Novice" does not imply any particular generation, although I did assume you are of the generation that never had to wait more than a couple of minutes to defrost your TV dinner.... "Novice" implies that one is just beginning. One could be a novice at my advanced age and an expert at your tender years. Age is not necessarily the issue.

If we didn't think you yourself were willing to put in the time, we'd not be bothering to give the hints. I am sure you will do fine...
Smile
John D. Clarkson, S.O.B. (Sacred Omphaloskeptic Brotherhood)
Cozener

"There is nothing more important to a magician than keeping secrets. Probably because so many of them are Gay."
—Peggy, from King of the Hill (Sleight of Hank)
idreamz
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of idreamz
I have a problem with smaller hands, so sometimes I get mangled up too... Smile
Geoff Weber
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington DC
1384 Posts

Profile of Geoff Weber
Here's some advice if your having dificulty try using a poker chip or a bottle cap.. The lighter weight and sharper edge will make it easier to grip.. This will let you focus more on the proper hand position rather than worrying about it falling out.. Then once you have that down, with your opposite hands fingers press a coin deeply into palm of your palming hand, with your hand flat Clench and unclench onto the coin, excercising the palm muscles.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » I have a claw for a hand.... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL