The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Call me a Scrooge BUT... » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2006-12-28 15:46, Doug Higley wrote:
Good grief. Is this still going on? Seems to lend credence to the experiment after all. By the way, I seem to have read somewhere and to paraphrase...Let he who is without such and such cast the first this and that...or when an appology is given...about 300 posts ago..."Take it or leave it but don't beat it."

Ka Ching!

The best $29.95 Doug ever earned. LOL

Best,

Tim
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
Heh heh heh...
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2758 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2006-12-24 23:23, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
Quote:
On 2006-12-24 23:20, mandrake01 wrote:
Somebody did one of those comic book type handouts concerning your prayers to Chthulu that you be eaten first and spared the misery and dispair of living under his horrible rule!

Blah blah blah

Such fear of the waters from which we all came.

How can we truly be whole till we embrace the oceans?

"Water! The source of all Sandy Frank films!" - Joel Hodgson, MST3K

...Some people even thought the trees had been a bad move, and no one should ever have left the oceans!" - Douglas Adams "The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy"

Seriously, what does Chuthulu have to do with fear of the oceans from which we came?
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2447 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
You really REALLY sure you want to find out?

Just click here...

Heh heh heh...
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2758 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2006-12-30 12:30, rossmacrae wrote:
You really REALLY sure you want to find out?

Just click here...

Heh heh heh...

Hmmm, I don't know if I did something wrong or what. I got the opening page and clicked where I was told to click. I got what I assume was the end page telling me to stop crying, those were bad people and nothing really bad happened.
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2447 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Yeah ... it's a link to a page hidden deep in the inner secret workings of my website - now that you have activated the curse, Cthulhu is now aware of you, personally and individually, and ... excuse me while I check that scratching and rattling at my window ... it's such a stormy night, wouldn't want the windows to blow open ... maybe the cat wants in ... sounds bigger than the cat, though ... No - OMIGOD NO! NOOOOOOOO!

[*THUMP - slurp - slurp*]
Muckey Spleen
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of Muckey Spleen
[/quote]

Why is it that atheists can never seem to spell their 'faith' correctly? Every atheist I've known with whom I've had written correspondence (regarding religion) has spelled it "athiesm."

[/quote]

Annoys the bejesus out of me too. However, to characterize atheism as a "faith" is misleading. Atheism is the ABSENCE of faith in gods. Period. Many theists can't seem to wrap their brains around this. Atheism is as much a faith as "bald" is a hair color, or "not collecting stamps" is a hobby. As a bald atheist who doesn't collect stamps, I oughtta know.
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2447 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Margaret Atwood, interviewed on BILL MOYERS ON FAITH AND REASON, said
Quote:
MARGARET ATWOOD: No, atheism is a religion.

BILL MOYERS: You mean it's dogmatic?

MARGARET ATWOOD: Absolutely dogmatic.

BILL MOYERS: How so?

MARGARET ATWOOD: Well it makes an absolute stand about something that cannot be proven.

BILL MOYERS: There is no God.

MARGARET ATWOOD: You can't prove that.

BILL MOYERS: So you become-- what' a strict agnostic?

MARGARET ATWOOD: A strict agnostic says, you cannot pronounce, as knowledge, anything you cannot demonstrate. In other words if you're going to call it knowledge you have to be able to run an experiment on it that's repeatable. You can't run an experiment on whether God exists or not, therefore you can't say anything about it as knowledge. You can have a belief if you want to, or if that is what grabs you, if you were called in that direction, if you have a subjective experience of that kind, that would be your belief system. You just can't call it knowledge.

Struck me as very astute.

(Note: you can watch all episodes online at http://www.pbs.org/moyers/faithandreason/watch.html)
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4141 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Atheism is not a religion. Simply sharing a characteristic (being dogmatic) doesn't put them in the same category. Atwood should know better.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Call me a Scrooge BUT... » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL