The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Your recommendation... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Scratch72
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of Scratch72
Hi guys,
Many of you on here are some of the better magicians in the country and I would be honored if some of you would reply on this thread.

I've experimented with a lot of the card tricks, coin vanishes, illusions etc...While I do enjoy these things, I would really like something bigger; an escape. I have no friends who are magicians, I have either had to create my own tricks figure out how tricks were done, or buy my own material.

I would like your recommendations on how to get started learning to be an escape artist. Are there any DVD's or books that I can purchase to teach me the methods? What are the best escapes that have a "wow" factor but at the same time can be done by a novice? Because as far this goes, I need some help. Any recommendation would be welcome. Thanks.

God bless,
Carter<><
Damon
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of Damon
Here is probably the best place to go for almost anything in the escape line.

http://www.cannonsgreatescapes.com/

Have fun, Mark Damon
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
The best advice given to people in your situation is to start simple. Escapes are very challenging to present effectively. Start with simple escapes that anyone can understand, allowing you to focus on presentation. Try the 100-foot rope tie, for example. Cannon's has a couple of good books on this.

Take some time to read all the old escape threads here at the Café. There is some terrific information here, and it's free.

Yours,

Paul
ufo
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
1185 Posts

Profile of ufo
Hi Carter!
Welcome to the Café. I second what Paul said; read up here on the Café threads and you will inherit an enormous amount of sound advice and perspective. The real issue with the escapes is the presentation format and the showmanship used in the act. This is true of all (virtually) branches of magic but especially in the escape area.
Good luck on your journey and may you defeat every restraint you encounter!
"What's your drug?" she asked. "Hope" he said, "The most addicting one of all."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Your recommendation... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL