The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Possible new forum (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagiClyde
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
871 Posts

Profile of MagiClyde
Here's a possible thought for a new forum: Book of the month! In the Banquet room, have a forum to cover topics in a particular book for a one month period. For example, have one month devoted to Royal Road to Card Magic. Next month, Bobo's Modern Coin Magic.

Such a forum might help those of us struggling with learning different chapters in a particular book and others offering possible solutions to be able to move onto the next chapter.
Magic! The quicker picker-upper!
Jim Poor
View Profile
Special user
Fairfax, VA
676 Posts

Profile of Jim Poor
Actually, I think the idea has merrit, but might need to be controlled a bit so that people who really have the book(s) benefit in a "study group" manner, but people who don't own them can't cheat. Maybe a unique password or something from page X of the book...
MagiClyde
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
871 Posts

Profile of MagiClyde
Sounds like a great idea, but I am curious as to how we, as a study group, would determine that the person actually owns the book.
Magic! The quicker picker-upper!
Jim Poor
View Profile
Special user
Fairfax, VA
676 Posts

Profile of Jim Poor
It isn't fool proof, but if it is password controlled and the password is "the first word in the caption on page xx," it would keep out the curious. Not the really determined though. They would just go to the library and look up the word..
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2112 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Surely if they could get hold of the book then it then all ready new the secrets?!?!
Jim Poor
View Profile
Special user
Fairfax, VA
676 Posts

Profile of Jim Poor
It's more a matter of being able to discuss the methods for clearer understanding, not learning the secrets.

Jim
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
4759 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
This might be something that could work, but let me think on it. Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2398 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
I like this idea very much, it would work well with some of the older books that the younger crowd is not familiar with and would help those of us on a limited budget decide to buy or not. It would also help those who have the book to get more out of it with additional thoughts from several of us here.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Possible new forum (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL