The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » XL by Jay Sankey (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Our friends at MJM Magic have this:
http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/xl-by-jay-sankey-p-3781.html
“XL”- The incredible card illusion that BECOMES REAL!

The spectator shuffles the pack, touches any card and the selected card is closely examined. You remove two Jokers from your pocket and both Jokers are also examined. The selected card is slowly sandwiched between the two Jokers and that's when some VERY strange stuff starts to happen. First, one end of the face up selection VISIBLY STRETCHES! Then the other end VISIBLY STRETCHES! For the jaw-dropping climax the two Jokers and the STILL STRETCHED selected card are all handed out to be thoroughly examined! You have turned the selected card into an honest-to-goodness holy relic! Comes complete with extremely cool gimmicks for both red and blue Bicycle decks plus an exciting instructional DVD featuring 8 killer handlings including "The Classic Handling," "Stand-Up Stretch," "Spanish Inquisition," "Guerilla Warfare," "Not A Levitation," "Seated Stretch,"

"Don't Blink," "In Their Own Hands" and the "Holy Relic: Bonus Handling!"
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
It's currently sold out!
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
emanmagic5
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
614 Posts

Profile of emanmagic5
I don't think this is very good.pretty obvious to me.
Jeff_Mash
View Profile
Veteran user
Bay Area, California
328 Posts

Profile of Jeff_Mash
Lin, it will be available on January 1st. We just wanted to promote it early and let people see what the effect was all about. Smile
Your friend in magic,

Jeff Mash, CEO
MJM Magic - "Magic for Magicians, Jokesters, and Mentalists!"
http://www.MJMMagic.com
honus
View Profile
Veteran user
354 Posts

Profile of honus
Quote:
On 2006-12-29 11:50, emanmagic5 wrote:
I don't think this is very good.pretty obvious to me.

I don't know how obvious it is, but the handling sure seems awfully fussy. I wonder if it could be simplified at all.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
The Ad states XL I really don't think the card stretches I was looking for a huge long card a couple of inches not to impressive for me .
Tops
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I watched the clip. He says the deck can be shuffled and any card touched. Well....he forces the queen using Frank Garcia's "Topper" move. If he's going to release a demo, I'd rather he performed it for someone using his patter. When he does it for the camera, I get the impression he's trying to convince the buying public that there is a free choice. And.....there isn't.

Then he does the effect. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. Maybe the DVD has a better handling. If it does, then he should have gone with that.

What if someone else wants to pick a card? Well....you're not going to eb able to do it again with a different card.

I'm at a point where every effect has to have that moment of astonishment, or I won't add it. I have been adding some things lately and that's because of Paul Harris. He talks about that moment of "Astonishment" for the audience.

So....I'll pass on this latest Jay offering.

Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
I perfer Aldo's handling much better.
I get to gaff some cool stuff for some cool people
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
The bottom line is this is not a good trick usually we magicians are sold on the demo video . In this case the demo is not even good can you imagine this effect in real world Just my opinion here .....
Tops
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1524 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
Where is aldo's handling found?
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
This effect is not going to go anywhere. But..I'm sure Jay's next newsletter will announce it's global success.

Shodan
View Profile
Special user
Isle of Man
663 Posts

Profile of Shodan
Is it just me or is the demo video painfully bad? I'm not talking about the usual Sankey "hard sell" but about the fact that he flashes a DL not once but twice - whilst the camera is zoomed in and he's yelling at you to watch!

Surely you'd do another take?
"You don't go up to strangers with a stick and come at their head...introduce yourself first, then come at them with a stick." - David Williamson
Koolmagic114
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of Koolmagic114
If it were me and I was doing a stretching effect.. For me at least anyway.. Ilong "The Lady Stretches" from Don England's Gaffed To The Hilt.. Al though you don't hand out a stretched card at the end.. The effect is extremily visual..and when you show the 3 cards at the end.. for me..I have never had anyone question or grab for anything.. Just a nice piece of eye candy.

Haven't done it in awhile now.. But thinking of and seeing Sankey XL reminds me of it.. Should go foll with it again.
Eddy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Co-Creator of "TAGZ" / "Iced Over" / " TelePad" / "Penigma"
www.magicianslair.com
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Resurrecting this old thread to mention that Marty "Martini" Grams has an ingenious effect on his DVD, "Magic You Can Make" in which a card is sandwiched between to others and stretched. Completely different method, and the card returns to normal. Love it.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » XL by Jay Sankey (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL