The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » A new Coin Vanish Technique (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
magicforreal
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of magicforreal
Hey everyone, I was surfin' the web and I came across this http://devilcoin.downloadmagic.com. Has anyone else seen this? I don't know if the video is edited or what but it looks very very clean.
caubeck
View Profile
Elite user
412 Posts

Profile of caubeck
The link does not seem to lead to anything.
caubeck
View Profile
Elite user
412 Posts

Profile of caubeck
Ah, you have to remove the dot from the address, thus:

http://www.downloadmagic.com/cointricks/......nish.htm
magicforreal
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of magicforreal
Huh that's weird. I clicked the link in the post and it did nothing. Here is the real link http://www.downloadmagic.com/cointricks/......nish.htm
Thanks caubeck for pointing that out.
BrianMillerMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
CT
2050 Posts

Profile of BrianMillerMagic
I may be imagining it, but he did not ever show the entire back of his left hand did he? I can't say any more without risking exposure, but I'm sure others will see what I saw. If my eyes are lying then it did look very clean, but I'm always skeptical when I see something that advertises "No strings, wires, magnets, blah, blah, blah, blah..."
DStachowiak
View Profile
Inner circle
Baltimore, MD
2158 Posts

Profile of DStachowiak
I don't know, Brian, I watched it a couple more times, and I think I saw the whole back of his left hand. Then again, the "secret is supposed to depend on "modern technology". Hmm, like a video camera?
Notice, the guy writing the ad copy never actually says it ISN'T...
Woke up.
Fell out of bed.
Dragged a comb across m' head.
MichaelKent
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of MichaelKent
Doesn't look much different from "Stuck."
DStachowiak
View Profile
Inner circle
Baltimore, MD
2158 Posts

Profile of DStachowiak
Hi Michael,
I'm not familiar with "stuck", can you fill me in?
Don
Woke up.
Fell out of bed.
BrianMillerMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
CT
2050 Posts

Quote:
On 2006-12-30 21:36, MichaelKent wrote:
Doesn't look much different from "Stuck."

That's precisely what I was thinking. If you look carefully in the video, you'll notice there is one small portion of his left hand that you never see. If it is the same or similar, then you have to go with Stuck.
Mediocre the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
Rich Hurley
1062 Posts

Profile of Mediocre the Great
Black art?
Mediocrity is greatly under rated!
--------------------------------------------

Rich Hurley aka Mediocre The Great!
www.RichHurleyMagic.com
billmonroe
View Profile
Regular user
Annapolis, MD
181 Posts

Profile of billmonroe
Looks to me like it's SIMILAR to Sankey's "Messiah Vanish" or Harada Hold. Just my cents Smile

Cheers,

Bill
DStachowiak
View Profile
Inner circle
Baltimore, MD
2158 Posts

Profile of DStachowiak
Ahh, I see what you are talking about, if that's the concealment, it looks like it would have to depend on an extremely tight angle of view.
Woke up.
Fell out of bed.
BrianMillerMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
CT
2050 Posts

Quote:
On 2006-12-31 00:05, billmonroe wrote:
Looks to me like it's SIMILAR to Sankey's "Messiah Vanish" or Harada Hold. Just my cents Smile

Cheers,

Bill

It can't be the Messiah Vanish because the coin would fall off when he lifted his left hand almost straight up and down. The Harada Hold is very, very similar to Stuck in terms of placement and thus I think that's what he's doing more and more each time I watch the clip.
MichaelKent
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of MichaelKent
Whatever it's being called, its certainly nothing new.
billmonroe
View Profile
Regular user
Annapolis, MD
181 Posts

Profile of billmonroe
Brian, I agree that's why I said "similar". The Messiah and Harada are very similar moves, just a slight variation in placement and "hold". Cheers

Bill
magicforreal
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of magicforreal
I don't know. I'm still learning and I've seen some sleights with coins but not like this one. To me it's new.
sickmagic
View Profile
Special user
528 Posts

Profile of sickmagic
How about a real review? anyone going to spend the 7 bucks..LOL
MichaelKent
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of MichaelKent
Not necessary - I can perform it after purchasing "stuck."
tpax
View Profile
Elite user
Columbia, Maryland
443 Posts

Profile of tpax
I tried to order this to see if it was the same method as Stuck. I was sent to a page "Coming Soon" and was not able to complete my order.
I don't think it's the same method as stuck. I think the concealment location is the same, but a different method to vanish is used. Will we ever know for sure?
Steve Fearson
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Steve Fearson
Hi Guys,

I just want to clear up any confusion here..

The Devil Coin is NOT the same method as Stuck and is not the Harada hold.

You will NOT be able to perform this same effect by purchasing Stuck. It eliminates all the goofy moves. I've only become aware of Stuck and the Harada hold through this topic and can clearly see from the videos how they're both done. Out of respect for the creators of those tricks I won't say anything except to assure you that they are not the same as Devil Coin.

This same guy (coindevil) has another original move on YouTube I'm trying to convince him to release: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hVLRyj8EF8

It should be apparent to anyone who's been around magic that that one is also a new method. His stuff is unique and new, or I wouldn't carry it.

I do appreciate the interest in the effect, but please refrain from trying to guess the secret on a public board if you don't mind. The input is appreciated but it seems that most of you just want to know how it works. It will be available for sale in the next couple weeks. Sorry for the wait.

All the best!

Steve Fearson
http://DownloadMagic.com
The original pay for download magic site.
Check out our new siteeMagic Supply
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » A new Coin Vanish Technique (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL