The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » TT Bill Switch - Want To Learn (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
I just received Mis-Made bill and it's nice but I think I would prefer learning a bill switch using a TT. I just like the fact of completely moving the bill from play, rather than just hiding it. Would anyone know where I might learna simple-enough TT Bill Switch??? Thanks
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Honestly I don't know the origin of it, but I know that Bill Malone has a nice version of it on his On the Loose DVDs. I think Volume One. not sure though, not home to check for ya. then again I might be way off. but I think it was Bill Malone.
BrianMillerMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
CT
2050 Posts

Profile of BrianMillerMagic
Nearly any Jay Sankey video will teach you the bill switch. Also check out The Richard Sanders Show dvd series. In addition it has been explained in text in many places. Someone that knows texts better than I do will be able to provide specifics for you.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Yeah

Jay Sankey's 45 teaches it...If you want a simple bill switch that you can easily use the mismade bill with get your hands on it
DStachowiak
View Profile
Inner circle
Baltimore, MD
2158 Posts

Profile of DStachowiak
Milbourne Christopher's "50 Tricks with a T**** T**", written about 60 years ago, and it's never been out of print. It costs like $3
See "Annemann Move" on page 16. Annemann used it as a billet switch but it can be a bill switch just as easily. Lots of other bill tricks, as well as lots of other stuff, some of it pretty strange.
Woke up.
Fell out of bed.
Dragged a comb across m' head.
amerigo
View Profile
Veteran user
Can't believe I only have
318 Posts

Profile of amerigo
There are many ways to learn this
DVD's

Kevin King ; Money Morph
Richard Sanders
Jay Sankey
Michael Ammar

Books
Michael Ammar
Switch by John Lovick
Magic is Everywhere
tpax
View Profile
Elite user
Columbia, Maryland
443 Posts

Profile of tpax
It was very well taught in The Encyclopedia Of Thumb Tip Magic (3 DVD Set) by Gary Darwin. I've seen copies of this on the famous auction site for a steal.
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
I learned from "The Magic Of Michael Ammar" book and Mike Koslowski's "One Hundred Dollar Bill Switch" manuscript.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Thanks guys, I'll try to track down some of these sources.

Hey Jaz, Happy New Year, my friend...Smile -MB
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Koslowski's manuscript teaches it. However, the second version is best (WITHOUT A TT)... either way you are left with something to get rid of... THINK ABOUT IT.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
For me, the TT-less is not best Pete.
When I end the change I have some hold their hands out and let the bill fall to their hands.
My hands are palm out, fingers are wide apart and my hands are seen empty.
I can't do this without the TT.
Ditch at your leisure.
kvanliewpe
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of kvanliewpe
The recent Bill Switch manual is the Bible of the bill swithch in my opinion. It includes the work from Koslowski, which is from his manuscript and the best$10 I spent in magic. The book give several alternate handlings and many tips to accelerate your progress!
Have fun with the process.
Ken
DStachowiak
View Profile
Inner circle
Baltimore, MD
2158 Posts

Profile of DStachowiak
Quote:
On 2007-01-17 17:56, kvanliewpe wrote:
The recent Bill Switch manual is the Bible of the bill swithch in my opinion. It includes the work from Koslowski, which is from his manuscript and the best$10 I spent in magic. The book give several alternate handlings and many tips to accelerate your progress!
Have fun with the process.
Ken

Ken is that the title? "Bill Switch Manual"? and is it by Mike Koslowski?
Woke up.
Fell out of bed.
Dragged a comb across m' head.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Quote:
On 2006-12-31 09:11, amerigo wrote:
There are many ways to learn this
DVD's

Jay Sankey
Michael Ammar

Books
Michael Ammar

I learned my first bill switch from Jay Sankey. He uses the Mike Koslowski's "One Hundred Dollar Bill Switch" in many of his DVDs.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I would agree with the book Amerigo mentioned earlier, "Switch" by John Lovick. It has over 300 pages. It gives you dozens of switches to choose from with and without the TT by many magicians. That way you can select which method fits you best. It also explains each type of TT, the pros and the cons. It explains prefolding a bill, stealing a TT, securing a TT, ditching a TT, plus much more. It also explains how to perform many rountines. This book just came out in 2006.
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Switch is one of my favorite books I own, and I agree with jaz, I much prefer using the thumb tip, never been caught yet, sense performing the switch ( traveling expenses ) and its easy to ditch. I move the holes on the bill hand them the dollar with the dirty hand, then ditch. this rouses less suspension I think.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Was looking at Visi-Bill and was wondering where you get the sized TT that Sanders uses for the trick? I always thought that a TT is supposed to go to the 1st knuckle, not sit completely over the whole digit. Anyway, would this be like an XL? Anyway, Money Morph is also very good.

drhackenbush
View Profile
Special user
686 Posts

Profile of drhackenbush
Quote:
On 2007-01-01 14:37, Pete Biro wrote:
Koslowski's manuscript teaches it. However, the second version is best (WITHOUT A TT)... either way you are left with something to get rid of... THINK ABOUT IT.

I also have to put in a vote for the non-TT version - I've used that version since I got the manuscript in the mid 80's, and have found it to be much smoother and cleaner for me. I do the folding rather slowly and the bill just seems to change by itself. It's no problem to ditch what needs to be ditched and not having to fiddle with the TT is much easier on me.
HeyLockwood
View Profile
Regular user
Arlington, VA (D.C. suburbs)
128 Posts

Profile of HeyLockwood
Quote:
On 2006-12-31 14:24, tpax wrote:
It was very well taught in The Encyclopedia Of Thumb Tip Magic (3 DVD Set) by Gary Darwin. I've seen copies of this on the famous auction site for a steal.

This is where I learned it as well. While the actual performance that Darwin's guest did was not exactly first rate (noone should show their hands empty with a TT the way this guy did, I dod like the method. I've since learned other ways of doing it, but this one works best for me, and it always gets a great reaction from the audience, so what more could I want?

Oh yeah, there is a ton of other useful stuff on this DVD set, plus it's sold as one volume of 3 DVD's. For the price, I'd say it's a winner.

~Mike
Why doesn't it tickle when I tickle myself, but it still hurts when I stick a fork in my eye?
mcharisse
View Profile
Inner circle
York. PA
1226 Posts

Profile of mcharisse
The World's Greatest Magic volumn on paper money shouws a couple of switches, with Ammar IIRC giving you practice points as well. Plus there's at least one or two effects in there you will want to use as well. It's still easiliy available...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » TT Bill Switch - Want To Learn (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL