The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Everything old is new again » » Who made this set of rising cards? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2731 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hello All:

I recently acquired an old set of rising cards which uses a music box movement to lift the cards. It's similar to the card fountains in that it uses a rubber wheel, but the whole thing uses a wind-up mechanism and is self contained in a block of Aviator Cards, disguised to look like a regaular bride sized deck.

Instructions were included, but do not mention of a maker. The name of the effect is just "Rising Cards". Can anybody help me identify the maker and when this may have been made? It looks at least 30 years old.

Thanks.

Ron
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Joe Finichel lmade a lot of those. Is it jumbo or poker size? Does it have a delay between each card?
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2731 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Thanks, Pete. It's an Aviator bride size deck. The wheel just keeps going until the wind up motor stops.

Ron
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7544 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I also think it is one of Joe's. Most of them were made in jumbo size but a few smaller ones were made. The jumbos had a flip around card feature in them.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2731 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Thank you, Richard. I'll try to post a photo of it sometime today or tomorrow so you can see it.

Ron
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Everything old is new again » » Who made this set of rising cards? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL