The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Holiday Magic fun (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kroberge
View Profile
New user
Old Town, Maine
75 Posts

Profile of kroberge
I don't know about you, but there have been a lot of holiday parties with friends and family recently and between myself and my fellow magic buddy Tom, we've been making good on months of practice to perform to these folks. These aren't gigs, just parties we always go to, but these year our pockets had a few extras in them for entertainment's sake. If you've had some good experiences lately performing for friends and family over the holidays, why don't you share those experiences here? I'd love to hear them. Here's a summary of my own.

The biggest holiday favorite: the TT and vanishing silk. The ID and cups and balls are up there. But nothing has got such rave reviews and repeat requests as that one simple trick. Its certainly inspired me to learn some more TT magic.

I used cups and balls to handle a heckling friend. Certainly the humor was a bit off color, but not all of it. It got roars of laughter and caused the heckler to chill out a bit and stop bugging me.

For card tricks I tried out Revolver and fooled a girl who is aware of some things like Svengali, stripper and marked decks. She was more amazed than the rest because I think she knew more than what was good for her. The Svengali deck made one lover of magic squeal. I've found this deck is a good one for folks who aren't going to bug you about the trick. They just want to be amazed, it got rave reviews for what I did with it.

I recently bought color monte and it had a nice effect as well, especially the ending, I love the ending.

My father's favorite trick was the torn and restored napkin which I nonchalantly began after dinner.

A nice mixture of some classics and some package tricks. I'm pretty pleased with the results and got some nice compliments. Let me know how your holidays went and if you tried anything knew, or whatever and how it went.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Holiday Magic fun (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL