The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Real Secrets of Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Ryan:Ruple
View Profile
New user
Mandeville, LA
39 Posts

Profile of Ryan:Ruple
Hey,

I'm new to the Magic Café' so go easy on me. Smile

I'm a huge fan of David Stone and am curious about the Real Secrets of Magic. What is it really? Is it a variety DVD or a coin DVD?

--Ryan
Spydur
View Profile
Special user
PDX, now San Diego...back to PDX
966 Posts

Profile of Spydur
It is a variety DVD with tons of fantastic material for strolling as well as table hopping. If you want to check out a trailer go here

http://www.realsecretsofmagic.com

amd ENJOY as it is by far one of my all time favorite Magic DVDs out there today!

C
View Profile
New user
Mandeville, LA
39 Posts

Hey,

Thanks a lot Spydur! Does he by any chance teach a glass production involving French Cocktails? Smile

--Ryan
Paul Wingham
View Profile
Veteran user
Rustington, South Coast, UK
365 Posts

Profile of Paul Wingham
He teaches a bottle production called bite me and a production of a glass full of drink. Both are very good. You realy wont be dissapointed with this dvd. I've never seen so many commercial effects on one dvd. Like spydur this dvd ranks amongst my favourites.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10720 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
For cocktail production check out........... Jean Paul Vallerino......
he is a master at this.
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
View Profile
New user
Mandeville, LA
39 Posts

Hey,

Thanks guys for helping me out on this one. The specific one I was looking for was Stone's production where the glasses are full of a drink. In his shows he calls it a French Cocktail. Although I will most definatly check out Jean Paul Vallerino.

--Ryan
View Profile
New user
Mandeville, LA
39 Posts

Hey,

One last question, is it in english? Doesn't really bother me because David's English is pretty easy to understand, but just a mild question.

--Ryan
Spydur
View Profile
Special user
PDX, now San Diego...back to PDX
966 Posts

Profile of Spydur
It is in English. THere is also a version in French. David went all out on this project. The English is not dubbed over like on his earlier work (i.e. the coin vids).

And as for the French Cocktail routine...no that is not on there. That is a wonderful routine!

C
ShawnB
View Profile
Special user
721 Posts

Profile of ShawnB
I had another question as well... Does anyone know where I could purchase David's
bottle production accessory. I know I had seen it out at one point, but I can not seem to find it anymore.

Any ideas?

Thank you.
Shawn.
Shawn.
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2316 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
I found the Splash Bottle gimmick at Penguin Magic. You may be able to just search for it on Google to find some more dealers that carry it.
DSmagic
View Profile
Regular user
London
132 Posts

Profile of DSmagic
Quote:
On 2007-01-01 18:36, ShawnB wrote:
I had another question as well... Does anyone know where I could purchase David's
bottle production accessory. I know I had seen it out at one point, but I can not seem to find it anymore.

Any ideas?

Thank you.
Shawn.

You can buy it directly from him at http://stone.magiczoom.com/
I bought it from him at his lecture in november.
Lawrens Godon
View Profile
Inner circle
France
1062 Posts

Profile of Lawrens Godon
Quote:
On 2007-01-01 11:04, vinsmagic wrote:
For cocktail production check out........... Jean Paul Vallerino......

just in case you need to search on the net : the exact spelling is
JEAN-PIERRE VALLARINO ;o)

^^
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8694 Posts

Profile of harris
The champagne (sic??) act was incredible.

Though I don't produce glasses I did get several useable ideas from the video.(production of coins as 1 playing card is turned over)
Seems like I saw someone?? at a recent S.A.M. contest(05/Boston) do an act based on the entire routine.

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8710 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Ryan, David Stone ROCKS! Smile And by the way, "Welcome" to the Café. You're gonna love it! Smile -MB
*Check out my latest: MBs Morgan w/ BONUS: Destiny, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Paul D
View Profile
Elite user
NY
455 Posts

Profile of Paul D
Ok, How do I access the extra footage on the DVD! I was watching it and walked away for awhile and came back and he was performing a version of RESET and then put it into rewind and it was gone! How do I get it back!!! HELP!It was amazing!
Astonishment as Therapy...?
MagicG14
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of MagicG14
All I can say is that all of David Stones dvds are great. Get them all while you can.
Joshua Lozoff
View Profile
Inner circle
Chapel Hill, NC
1332 Posts

Profile of Joshua Lozoff
Boy I'm stunned at these responses. I guess I'm missing something. I'm quite disappointed by the DVD. Both the effects and the advice seem very flat to me. I didn't realize it was going to be aimed quite so totally at beginners. But I guess many others disagree.
Joshua Lozoff

joshualozoff.com
ShawnB
View Profile
Special user
721 Posts

Profile of ShawnB
I absolutely disagree.

The effects on the DVD are varied and beutiful. Furthermore I would consider almost none of the effects on this DVD for beginers.

Cigarette manipulations, Card Manipulations,Rope Magic, Coin Magic, Card MAgic beutiful misdirection as well as some well thought out insight in to performances... Beyond that the production quality of this DVD is unlike any I have ever seen.

I could go on and on...

I feel if you don't see the value in this DVD... you may have to have another look. If not... Then forget about it. The less magicains performing these efects the better for the ones who do.

This is a great DVD.

Shawn.
Shawn.
View Profile
New user
Mandeville, LA
39 Posts

I agree Shawn. I got something out of every routine. Whether it be the routine itself, or a concept David had. But his theories are what makes the DVD truly worth the cost.

Fantastic purchase.

--Ryan
Wes65
View Profile
Inner circle
I've said very little in
1219 Posts

Profile of Wes65
I'm not to sure about this DVD.....I usually perform fully dressed.
Wes
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Real Secrets of Magic (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL