The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paul Harris mega DVD set - Any new info?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1311 Posts

Profile of bond19
Hi Folks,

Just wondering what's happening with the mega DVD set Paul Harris is supposed to be working on. If I remember correctly it was due out any time soon. Last I knew MagicChris had some info, so if you're reading this maybe you could bring us all up to date.

Happy new year & a safe 2007!
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5349 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Tim Trono's last update was October 15th:
"Just finished working with Paul Harris the last few days on his True Astonishment DVD series. This is going to be incredible... more news on that in the future. There are some incredibly exciting announcements on this coming along."

I'm anxiously looking forward to this set, as well!
andrewmayne
View Profile
V.I.P.
142 Posts

Profile of andrewmayne
I heard a certain young magic upstart with the initials A.M. has humbly made a contribution of one of his personal favorite previously unpublished impromptu effects to what will most assuredly be an awesome series.
Jessiah
View Profile
Inner circle
J E S S E S M A G I C
1074 Posts

Profile of Jessiah
I can't wait to see it Andrew! That must have been cool contributing to such a huge project! How many effect are on this DVD set that are new? I cant wait for this...

I need to go to bed. It looks like you and me are on the same schedule... haha
The Great Marok
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of The Great Marok
Yeah guys I'd also like very much to know when Paul Harris's new DVD set is coming out so if anyone has any information please share!
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2606 Posts

Profile of Tom G
This is directly from Paul this morning...True Astonishments will be 9 dvd's grouped into 3 volumes. Each vol of 3 dvd's will be released separately as they
are ready and Paul is sure it's delivering of it's promise. They will also be offered as singles, too. Set is about $99 and singles at $35. With any luck the first volume will be out in August. Hope this helps.
The Great Marok
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of The Great Marok
Thanks for the info Tom.
Jeff J.
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
787 Posts

Profile of Jeff J.
Total running time of the set is 4 hours 43 min.
Atom3581
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Atom3581
August I can't wait that long. This is torture!!!! I can't wait any longer PLEASE PAUL COME SLEEP ON MY COUCH!!!
Chris Oberle
View Profile
Elite user
California
455 Posts

Profile of Chris Oberle
Sounds like a good deal to me.
Can't wait to see these.
wise owl
View Profile
Special user
Australia
721 Posts

Profile of wise owl
9 DVD for $99? that's a bargain. Are the DVD all based on the 3 astronishment books?
(I am sorry if already mentioned earlier. I haven't go thru them one by one).
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2319 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Quote:
On 2007-03-05 19:39, wise owl wrote:
9 DVD for $99? that's a bargain. Are the DVD all based on the 3 astronishment books?

I believe that it is $99.00 for each set of 3. 3 sets at $99.00 or $35.00 by them selves. $297.00 for the series? Not 9 DVDs for $99.00.
wise owl
View Profile
Special user
Australia
721 Posts

Profile of wise owl
It is still great price!!

Are the DVD all based on the 3 astronishment books?
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1261 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
This will be a valuable set.
However, if you don't already own Paul's 'Art of Astonishment' book series, you're doing yourself a disservice.
These are a treasure trove of creative genius. I've had them for 10 years, since their initial release, and I still return to them regularly to discover something new.
It's all in the reflexes.
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2104 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
If anyone's read the Eric Mead interview with PH in this month's issue of Magic Magazine, you'll see that PH tipped a couple more details on the True Astonishments project..

From the magazine...

"...nine DVDs of mostly new material I've been working sporadically on for nearly three years with Rodney Reyes and Wayne Houchin."

"The goal is to have a collection of original effects that are so strong that you could present any one of them and you would 'own the room' - that any one of the effects would stand on its own as a miracle moment. You do that one thing and that's enough - a 'True Astonishment,' as it were. The first three DVDs of the set will hopefully come out sometime in September."

So, good news for those of us who have been waiting on the edge of our seats for the past couple of years for these! Also, please do pick up the magazine. The interview with PH is a great read!

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
It will probably be $250 if you buy the whole set of 9 DVD's together. I hope there will be some completely new effects in the set! This will be amazing!
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4175 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Must....get....job
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5349 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Hey Kevin,
Thanks for the update (and the tip on buying this month's magic). That's great news, and a lot more information than I had before. I figured the set would be made up of new workings on the items in the 3 volume book set. GREAT to know that we can look forward to new material, and also great to know that Wayne Houchin is involved. I am officially beginning my savings fund in anticipation of September. Smile
Sparda
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of Sparda
Are these all new effects or will some be taken from the Art of Astonishment books? Either I gotta get them!
zachdotcom
View Profile
New user
Orlando, FL
58 Posts

Profile of zachdotcom
I've been hearing about this for a long time. It sounds like a HUGE project.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paul Harris mega DVD set - Any new info?? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL