The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Mnemonica - best effect (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ragingcalm
View Profile
Elite user
428 Posts

Profile of ragingcalm
I have to confess that I am still to start learning the stack in mnemonica. Having now mastered the faro shuffle (i say mastered I mean 90%+ hit rate - and doing in front of ppl can be an altogether different challenge if you're nervous btw top down is so much easier, unless you're using brand new bikes in which case go bottom up) I feel like I should start memorizing the stack.

I wanted to know what everyone's favourite effects are, and whether there is any point learning Osterlind's breaktrhough system or any other stacks with mnemonica in my arsenal?
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4290 Posts

Profile of Daegs
Mnemoniocious.(sp)
thoughtsexplorer
View Profile
Elite user
Elite... not D-Lite!
424 Posts

Profile of thoughtsexplorer
Quote:
On 2007-01-02 20:40, ragingcalm wrote:
I have to confess that I am still to start learning the stack in mnemonica. Having now mastered the faro shuffle (i say mastered I mean 90%+ hit rate - and doing in front of ppl can be an altogether different challenge if you're nervous btw top down is so much easier, unless you're using brand new bikes in which case go bottom up) I feel like I should start memorizing the stack.

I wanted to know what everyone's favourite effects are, and whether there is any point learning Osterlind's breaktrhough system or any other stacks with mnemonica in my arsenal?

there are several threads in the "shuffled - not stirred" section. Pick them up.
ragingcalm
View Profile
Elite user
428 Posts

Profile of ragingcalm
Thanks...should have checked
ryesteve
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of ryesteve
Quote:

Actually, I was wondering just the opposite. From what I've heard, mnemonica is more difficult to master than most other stacks. Is it really worth the extra effort?
Sean Macfarlane
View Profile
Special user
872 Posts

Profile of Sean Macfarlane
Just do it!
Jay Elf
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of Jay Elf
Life is short.
BarryFernelius
View Profile
Inner circle
Still learning, even though I've made
2532 Posts

Profile of BarryFernelius
RagingCalm,

There's an effect in Mnemonica that I originally overlooked. Upon reading the book for the third time, I realized that I could devise a very different presentation for the effect that would fit me and entertain my audiences. I worked on the presentation for four weeks and tried it out for some test audiences. This led me to tighten the presentation, and make slight adjustments to the strategies used for misdirection. The routine has worked so well that I perform it often.

The effect that I chose to work on is called Prediction. But why would you choose the same effect? With my presentation, this effect fits me, but it may not suit you. Why don't you find your own overlooked effect in Mnemonica?
"To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan and not quite enough time."

-Leonard Bernstein
Mesquita
View Profile
Special user
917 Posts

Profile of Mesquita
My favourite? Now, ALL OF THEM! Just read the entire book and you will see...

Regards,

Mesquita
"Siempre somos tres me acompańa la luna y me sigue mi sombra" René Lavand
Mago Gregorio
View Profile
Elite user
Paris, France
473 Posts

Profile of Mago Gregorio
Mnemonica is definitely woth the time time to learn the stack. No stack is easier to learn (if they are not automatic or repetitive sequences). Once you've mastered it you'll get the best effects ever with a deck of card. No sleight can beat a mem deck !

My favouites are Control in chaos and Any card any number
Smile Smile Smile
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3370 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Last night I performed "All of a kind". The result was beyond my wildest expectations - it blew people away.
Cards never lie
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Mnemonica - best effect (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL