The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » B'Wave - Eugene Burger (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
D J Hawkins
View Profile
Veteran user
Reading, UK
351 Posts

Profile of D J Hawkins
Anyone know if Eugene Burger's handling of B'Wave has been published or is available on dvd ??
David Hawkins

djhawkins2014@gmail.com
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
It has never been on DVD, however I don't know if it has ever been published.
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1691 Posts

Profile of Markymark
I'm nearly sure that his routine comes with 'B'wave' if you get it from 'Yourmagic
.com.
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
wsduncan
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
3619 Posts

Profile of wsduncan
It's been years since Eugene did B'Wave for me, but I don't recall him doing anything different from Max's instructions.

What has he added?
D J Hawkins
View Profile
Veteran user
Reading, UK
351 Posts

Profile of D J Hawkins
The video on the yourmagic site shows Eugene's presentation.
David Hawkins

djhawkins2014@gmail.com
euphoria5150
View Profile
Regular user
Russell Jeanneret
110 Posts

Profile of euphoria5150
Can the cards be examined at the end? Can you show the full face of the queen?
Theater, cinemas, and literature are all better forums for telling stories or creating drama. Stand-up comedy is better for telling jokes. But magic is unique in creating the Twilight Zone sense of turning a corner and finding yourself on another street, in another town, in another country. Deception is the means to that end. –John Bannon
RJ Hunt
View Profile
Elite user
Lakeland, FL
466 Posts

Profile of RJ Hunt
Quote:
On 2007-01-09 14:10, euphoria5150 wrote:

Why?
euphoria5150
View Profile
Regular user
Russell Jeanneret
110 Posts

Profile of euphoria5150
Good point....
Theater, cinemas, and literature are all better forums for telling stories or creating drama. Stand-up comedy is better for telling jokes. But magic is unique in creating the Twilight Zone sense of turning a corner and finding yourself on another street, in another town, in another country. Deception is the means to that end. –John Bannon
wsduncan
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
3619 Posts

Profile of wsduncan
Quote:
On 2007-01-09 14:10, euphoria5150 wrote:

Well that depends. NO you can't. And it doesn't matter. Perception doesn't work that way. Humans can sight read a complete sentance with the bottom third of letters missing and not pause a beat. The small part of the cards that can't be shown is imperceptible to real people because they don't need to see it to read the cards.

Magicians who might have some idea of the nature of the cards are often fooled too because Max added the blank faced kicker to derail the train of thought just as it was leaving the station.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
If you're having trouble finding it, it's in the product section of the site. I use the David Eldridge presentation, but Burger's presentation is excellent, too.
D J Hawkins
View Profile
Veteran user
Reading, UK
351 Posts

Profile of D J Hawkins
Having just brought BWave from yourmagic, it does not come with Eugene's routine......you'll have to rely on the video clip. What's the Eldridge routine ? is it published and how does it differ ?
David Hawkins

djhawkins2014@gmail.com
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1691 Posts

Profile of Markymark
David Eldridge and Greg Arce did give great scripts here on the Café.You should find them with a search on B'wave. Yourmagic is a great site but the shipping to
Europe is expensive!
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
D J Hawkins
View Profile
Veteran user
Reading, UK
351 Posts

Profile of D J Hawkins
Must say that I've never really seen the attraction of BWave. Sure it's quite clever, but always struck me as "so what, just a 1 in 4 chance" of getting it right. Am I missing something fundamental ?
David Hawkins

djhawkins2014@gmail.com
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On 2007-01-25 11:42, D J Hawkins wrote:
Must say that I've never really seen the attraction of BWave. Sure it's quite clever, but always struck me as "so what, just a 1 in 4 chance" of getting it right. Am I missing something fundamental ?

I used to perform an effect in which one of three objects was predicted and people reacted strongly - a few people would even scream! B'Wave gets a similar reaction. You have to play it up such that the effect never goes wrong. It's an attitude thing, logic has little to do with how entertaining something is.
D J Hawkins
View Profile
Veteran user
Reading, UK
351 Posts

Profile of D J Hawkins
Think more about it - maybe it's something to do with consequences. I do Smashed and Stabbed which is a 1 in four chance...but the consequence of missing is severe (i.e.I get hurt). I'm sure BWave is a great trick, but currently since I don't really "believe" in it I'm having trouble selling it effectively.
David Hawkins

djhawkins2014@gmail.com
Mr.Mystico
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of Mr.Mystico
Check out Alain Nu's "Nu Wave." Gaff-less cards...everything can be examined. A flawless equivoque.
One important point on the Nu Wave... it's exactly like B'wave, but ALL can be examined at the end - openly.

Alain's site: http://www.justsaynu.com
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I didn't see Nu Wave on Alain's site Mr Mystico....

I think BWAVE is all in the presentation (I don't have it but have seen it).

I find there are different cards with different dealers. Who sells the bicycle backs?
Douglas.M
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of Douglas.M
Alain Nu's "Nu Wave" is in his Mind Over Matter lecture notes (2000?). I believe he only sells his notes at his lectures.

About five or six years ago I was at a party in Kensington that consisted of mostly scientists from NIH. Alain was there with his wife Tanya, and it "got out" that Alain did Mentalism/Magic. I saw him do Nu Wave to a young woman who said "you can't fool me because I'm a scientist". Well, I don't think I have ever seen an effect so masterfully built up and executed. He slew a roomful of scientists, including the skeptic helper. It blew me away too (even though I had read through the instructions).

It was one of those moments I will never forget, and it firmly cemented my opinion of Alain as a consummate Pro.

Douglas M.
p:m
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto, Canada
230 Posts

Profile of p:m
DO you think it matters if the odd backed card in B'Wave is bicycle or Tally Ho? I use it all the time and am about to replace the cards but, I will have them all Bicycle backed, 3 blue one red. THink it makes a difference?
p:m
<BR>www.petermckinnon.com
Brian S. Tanner
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of Brian S. Tanner
Hi Jak,

I think if you were to go with a different back design than the rest of the cards, it would make the "selection" stand out that much more.

Just my .02
Brian
Judge:How do you plead?
<BR>Defendant:I plead insanity.
<BR>Judge:Insanity?
<BR>Defendant:Yep. I'm just crazy about that stuff!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » B'Wave - Eugene Burger (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL